7788 30 2023-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Markdu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34321 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My iphone 15 pro doesnt work with my old mini se, can anyone tell me how to resolve this and what cable i need, i bought a standard cable from amazon but that just charges the controller, ive done all the firmware upgrades etc and still doesnt work.

Cheers
2023-12-1
Use props
ethanitee
lvl.2

United States

Hello. I am very sorry, but at the moment the IPhone 15 Pro is not supported with the DJI Mavic Mini or Mini SE. However, IPhones SE-14 should work and DJI is working on supporting the IPhone 15. My answer is to wait and a new firmware should be available soon.

Cheers!

Ethan W
2023-12-1
Use props
Markdu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would it work with a Samsung with usbc
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello, Markdu. Sorry about the trouble. May I know what are you getting from your Fly app when you connect your phone to the remote? Thank you.
2023-12-1
Use props
Markdu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-1 22:29
Hello, Markdu. Sorry about the trouble. May I know what are you getting from your Fly app when you connect your phone to the remote? Thank you.

I get nothing it won’t connect and when I go straight to the main screen it says rc not connected on the main screen
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Markdu Posted at 12-1 23:43
I get nothing it won’t connect and when I go straight to the main screen it says rc not connected on the main screen

Hello there. Thanks for your feedback, this issue may caused by the update of the Apple port (changed to Type-C port). We are working on the exact problem internally. To locate the problem soon, please provide the following information to us for further analysis:
1. mobile phone model system version
2. App log and RC log
3. The video showing the issue 
Temporarily we suggest you use another compatible mobile phone model or use a female lightning to USB-C male adapter. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-2
Use props
Markdu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 02:24
Hello there. Thanks for your feedback, this issue may caused by the update of the Apple port (changed to Type-C port). We are working on the exact problem internally. To locate the problem soon, please provide the following information to us for further analysis:
2. App log and RC log

Is this only for apple will it work with samsung a52s the a52 has a usbc also
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Markdu Posted at 12-2 02:43
Is this only for apple will it work with samsung a52s the a52 has a usbc also

Hi. It is not listed on the list of recommended devices. You can check the list here: https://www.dji.com/hk-en/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. However, generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. This thread might also help you: https://forum.dji.com/thread-254693-1-1.html. Some A52s users on that thread says it works, based on their experience. Have a nice day.
2023-12-2
Use props
Markdu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 02:50
Hi. It is not listed on the list of recommended devices. You can check the list here: https://www.dji.com/hk-en/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly. However, generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. This thread might also help you: https://forum.dji.com/thread-254693-1-1.html. Some A52s users on that thread says it works, based on their experience. Have a nice day.

Thanks for all your info
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Markdu Posted at 12-2 03:12
Thanks for all your info

You are most welcome. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have further concerns. Have a great day.
2023-12-2
Use props
HighTechGuru
lvl.1

United States

ethanitee Posted at 2023-12-1 07:46
Hello. I am very sorry, but at the moment the IPhone 15 Pro is not supported with the DJI Mavic Mini or Mini SE. However, IPhones SE-14 should work and DJI is working on supporting the IPhone 15. My answer is to wait and a new firmware should be available soon.

Cheers!

When is soon? iPhone 15 series has been available for 3+ months now..
1-7 05:02
Use props
djiuser_zPkBPsZFfziG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128228 ft
United States

Anybody actually get lighting female  to usb c male adapter to actually get their Mini SE or similar drone it to fly on iPhone 15 pro or Pro Max.  So far DJI tech support has not been helpful.  Tech support so far has said to buy a $69 av dongle that doesn’t work.  Another told me it won’t work the DJI Fly App it isn’t compatible. Two stated it is Apple issue not DJI.  Another offered me $30 towards purchasing a new drone. No tech support has mentioned a solution is being worked on.   I asked sales what drone would work with IPhone 15 they said none are supported.  I have turned to the blogs since DJI is all over the place.  
1-14 23:00
Use props
djiuser_TFTSGvLaLJI0
New

Germany

djiuser_zPkBPsZFfziG Posted at 1-14 23:00
Anybody actually get lighting female  to usb c male adapter to actually get their Mini SE or similar drone it to fly on iPhone 15 pro or Pro Max.  So far DJI tech support has not been helpful.  Tech support so far has said to buy a $69 av dongle that doesn’t work.  Another told me it won’t work the DJI Fly App it isn’t compatible. Two stated it is Apple issue not DJI.  Another offered me $30 towards purchasing a new drone. No tech support has mentioned a solution is being worked on.   I asked sales what drone would work with IPhone 15 they said none are supported.  I have turned to the blogs since DJI is all over the place.

So this means we should not wait for an update to be released? Will it ever be fixed/compatible? This is so annoying since the Mavic Mini still is a very good drone.
1-17 00:12
Use props
djiuser_6IELEr8nCxu5
New

India

I get error message RC not connected to mobile. I have a iphone 15 pro max and trying to connect Air2 S with RC 231. Is this issue still not resolved?
1-18 04:21
Use props
djiuser_MI634NWbYS5v
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I’ve spent hundreds of pounds on my Dji SE mini and accessories to only find out that I can’t use it with my new iPhone 15 pro. What a disappointment. This takes all my joy away and support for Dij development if this is not going to get resolved soon. I’m a massive fan of Dji and can’t continue with my hobby at the moment.
2-3 02:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_MI634NWbYS5v Posted at 2-3 02:43
Hi, I’ve spent hundreds of pounds on my Dji SE mini and accessories to only find out that I can’t use it with my new iPhone 15 pro. What a disappointment. This takes all my joy away and support for Dij development if this is not going to get resolved soon. I’m a massive fan of Dji and can’t continue with my hobby at the moment.

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about your feedback. Please know that newly released devices may bring different phenomena to the app when it will be used. Although, new devices provide much advanced features, the stability and performance can't be guaranteed as the new device hasn't been tested. However, rest assured that we're constantly striving to provide an even product experience to our customers. Your feedback will be taken into consideration. Thank you for your understanding.
2-5 03:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_6IELEr8nCxu5 Posted at 1-18 04:21
I get error message RC not connected to mobile. I have a iphone 15 pro max and trying to connect Air2 S with RC 231. Is this issue still not resolved?

Hello. It has been confirmed that your mobile device iPhone 15 is not currently compatible. It can be preliminarily determined that the issue is caused by a compatibility error. Since there are many device models awaiting testing, this issue cannot be resolved in the short term. If you have an urgent flight mission, it is recommended that you use the app with one of the supported mobile device models listed on the DJI official website to avoid a flight mission failure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-5 03:43
Use props
djiuser_vGgFD03Q4pRi
New
Flight distance : 107913 ft
United States

Cheers!

Hello! I’ve recently had success with an iPhone 15 plus using a Mavic Mini, with DJI Fly. I’m using a male usb-c adapter from lightning. so a male usb-c with a female lightning port. this bypasses the iphone 15’s charging of the controller, and allows the RC to connect to the drone. Will be test flying tomorrow to see how it goes.
2-14 22:26
Use props
fansa7b1e006
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_vGgFD03Q4pRi Posted at 2-14 22:26
Hello! I’ve recently had success with an iPhone 15 plus using a Mavic Mini, with DJI Fly. I’m using a male usb-c adapter from lightning. so a male usb-c with a female lightning port. this bypasses the iphone 15’s charging of the controller, and allows the RC to connect to the drone. Will be test flying tomorrow to see how it goes.

Hey, have you been successful with your test flight?
2-18 00:03
Use props
djiuser_VK8Dwf4fwoNh
New
Flight distance : 588471 ft
Romania

Hello. Does anyone know if/ when will be an update regarding this connectivity issue?
I have the same problem, can’t connect iPhone 15 pro to dji mini 3, only in “usb mode”.
2-23 07:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VK8Dwf4fwoNh Posted at 2-23 07:09
Hello. Does anyone know if/ when will be an update regarding this connectivity issue?
I have the same problem, can’t connect iPhone 15 pro to dji mini 3, only in “usb mode”.

Hi. DJI has not yet announced any news about the compatibility. You can try using an adapter (female lightning to male USB-C) to connect your iPhone 15 to your remote as some users can successfully connect it using an adapter. We appreciate your patience.
2-24 00:25
Use props
fans9c45422a
New

Curaçao

Nothing like taking your DJI mavic air drone with you not even thinking about connectivity between the phone and controller, only to realize that the ports have changed on the iPhone 15 to usb. Hey, no problem, I have the adapter that gives a female usbc- but wait! I’d doesn’t work. Well, that’s not cool. It’s just data. I can kind of fly it through the app but it sucks big time and use a controller for a reason. DJI needs to support its products, after such a large investment.
2-26 05:04
Use props
djiuser_MI634NWbYS5v
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_vGgFD03Q4pRi Posted at 2-14 22:26

Would you be able to take a photo of the connection, please?
3-4 23:38
Use props
Scott Wallace9
New

United Kingdom

Hi all.

I’m experiencing same issues as above.

I have a DJI Mini 2 and it worked great on iPhone 11 Pro. I bought an iPhone 15 Pro months ago and when I first tried to use the drone I initially forgot that I needed a USB-C to USB-C cable - my own fault.

Unfortunately I lost the one supplied with DJI Mini 2 and instead had to buy a replacement. I then tried to use the drone again only to find that the remote would not connect my iPhone15 Pro, so I assumed I had a faulty cable. I then bought a SECOND replacement, only to have the same issues.

It now appears that after spending £400 odd on a drone that it no longer connects to my phone? As most people upgrade phones every year or two this is going to be a huge issue for DJI.

I had planned on upgrading to a newer drone but now that I have lost all confidence in DJI software keeping up to date with newer phones releasing I will not be doing so.

Sad because I loved my Mini 2 but now can’t use it. What a waste.
3-9 07:44
Use props
Scott Wallace9
New

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-2 02:24
Hello there. Thanks for your feedback, this issue may caused by the update of the Apple port (changed to Type-C port). We are working on the exact problem internally. To locate the problem soon, please provide the following information to us for further analysis:
2. App log and RC log

It is now 3 months later.

Will there be an update for this or are iPhone 15 owners now not able to use their drones?
3-9 07:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Scott Wallace9 Posted at 3-9 07:49
It is now 3 months later.

Will there be an update for this or are iPhone 15 owners now not able to use their drones?

Hi. There is no announcement at the moment. You can try using an adapter (female lightning to male USB-C) to connect your iPhone 15 to your remote as some users can successfully connect it using an adapter. We appreciate your patience.
3-10 04:50
Use props
iBaila
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113507 ft
Spain

It's not serious, at least they could tell us where to buy the coupler, the phones move forward and DJY goes backwards like crabs, very bad. iPhone 15 Pro Max

Es poco serio, al menos nos podrían decir donde comprar el acoplador, los móviles avanzan y DJY va hacia atrás como los cangrejos, muy mal.
3-10 09:43
Use props
Markdu
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try this from amazon
It worked on other phones
EatPitaya RC-N1 Cable for Dji Phantom, Mavic, MINI, Mavic Pro, Spark, Micro USB to Type-C Data Cable + Micro USB Connector + Micro USB to IOS Remote Controller Wire(3Pcs) https://amzn.eu/d/fCf4RvE
3-10 10:36
Use props
tuannguyen
lvl.1

Vietnam

thanks, i had the same problem with iphone 14 pro max
3-10 11:13
Use props
Tyler Wilson1
New

United States

Is is so annoying. I’m currently in a shoot and unable to fly my Magic Air 2 and my shoot is ruined. Way to go DJI…terrible. Selling this thing asap.
3-11 17:43
Use props
BaileyAir
New
United States

Hello. I am very sorry, but at the moment the IPhone 15 Pro is not supported with the DJI Mavic Mini or Mini SE. However, IPhones SE-14 should work and DJI is working on supporting the IPhone 15. My answer is to wait and a new firmware should be available soon.

Cheers!

Please define "soon." I have about $900 worth of useless hardware until you decide to support your product. FYI, the iPhone 15 has been on sale since the early fall. You haven't had time to correct this? Please don't say that the Mavic 2 isn't a high priority either. That just DOESN'T FLY.
4-14 11:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules