Best Stereo USB-C Mic for Pocket 3 - Recommendations
524 6 2023-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

Just canvassing for recomendations on the best stereo USB-C Mic for Pocket 3.
I appreciate that may be a bit like the proverbial "how long is a piece of string" question, but I assume there must be many of you guys/girls out there who have tried various Mics and have an opinion on their performance compared to the internal stereo mics in the Pocket 3. Any opinions would be much appreciated. In particular, I am interested in something that is reasonably compact for travel purposes, not to say anything larger that has been tested wouldn't be appreiated by me (or I assume others that are interested in audio quality). Thanks in advance.

2023-12-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Shure MV88+ works well with the Action 2 and I would be amazed if it didn't work with the Pocket 3.  Currently mine is 50km away so I haven't actually tested it.  I have used the Zoom M3 with excellent results but that probably would not fulfi your requirement of compactness.
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-1 14:16
Shure MV88+ works well with the Action 2 and I would be amazed if it didn't work with the Pocket 3.  Currently mine is 50km away so I haven't actually tested it.  I have used the Zoom M3 with excellent results but that probably would not fulfi your requirement of compactness.

Nice one thanks very much.
2023-12-2
Use props
fanscaae50a3
lvl.4

Spain

It is not super-compact, but the Zoom M3 Mictrak is highly versatile, with internal 32-bit float recording and allows for M/S adjustment in post-production. Probably THE most compact stereo mic is the Sony ECM-LV1 stereo lavalier. You can use it as a 'plant' mic and feedinto the Osmo Pocket 3 or Action 4 via TRS-USB-C converter. Absolutely minuscule, yet sounds very decent.
2023-12-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I had never heard of the Sony ECM-LV1 stereo lavalier so I looked it up.  Interesting - but Sony seems to have a habit of trying to get stereo sound from closely spaced omni mics (The M10 recorder for instance) which is contrary to the normal theories of such matters.  Still, all a matter of personal taste and the needs of the task in hand, I guess.

[Edit - I have just seen the price - well, for that you can't go too far wrong!]

2023-12-2
Use props
fanscaae50a3
lvl.4

Spain

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-2 20:07
I had never heard of the Sony ECM-LV1 stereo lavalier so I looked it up.  Interesting - but Sony seems to have a habit of trying to get stereo sound from closely spaced omni mics (The M10 recorder for instance) which is contrary to the normal theories of such matters.  Still, all a matter of personal taste and the needs of the task in hand, I guess.

[Edit - I have just seen the price - well, for that you can't go too far wrong!]

Yeah... it's a strange mic! However, I tested it by running it into some very nice recorders (Sound Devices MixPre 3 II) and it sounded a heck of a lot better than I expected it to. Might definitely have its uses.
2023-12-3
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fanscaae50a3 Posted at 12-2 08:57
It is not super-compact, but the Zoom M3 Mictrak is highly versatile, with internal 32-bit float recording and allows for M/S adjustment in post-production. Probably THE most compact stereo mic is the Sony ECM-LV1 stereo lavalier. You can use it as a 'plant' mic and feedinto the Osmo Pocket 3 or Action 4 via TRS-USB-C converter. Absolutely minuscule, yet sounds very decent.

Thanks for that.
2023-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules