How do I center the drone on the small map view? DJI RC Pus
518 11 2023-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MappingPro
lvl.2
United States

Sometime the drone is centered and the small map view follows the mission with the drone centered, sometime it doesnt and I cant figure out how to recenter it. Whats the trick?
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_aakw6KAojCL8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1605591 ft
Canada

I'm also interested in this.  Our M300 on the older controller would keep the drone icon centered, but the new RC Plus doesn't.  It's a huge pain for certain kinds of manual flights we're doing.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hey MappingPro, thank you for your questions.

Upon checking for you, may l know do you mean the below map, you mean you want the metro in the bottom left corner to stay centered when the drone is on a course mission, right?

Please check the below picture.

I will need to confirm with our engineer with regard this.

will get back to you sooner
2023-12-5
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

i've seen it yesterday, i can also confirm this issue
2023-12-5
Use props
MappingPro
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-5 01:43
Hey MappingPro, thank you for your questions.

Upon checking for you, may l know do you mean the below map, you mean you want the metro in the bottom left corner to stay centered when the drone is on a course mission, right?

Yes that small map is what I am asking about. When not centered in that map, you cant see where the drone is at all on the flight path. I noticed it also is not centering on the big map for me at times as well. Would be helpful if there was a button to click to re-center the drone on the map for either map window.
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MappingPro Posted at 12-5 07:22
Yes that small map is what I am asking about. When not centered in that map, you cant see where the drone is at all on the flight path. I noticed it also is not centering on the big map for me at times as well. Would be helpful if there was a button to click to re-center the drone on the map for either map window.

Thank you so much for your reply, sorry that we did not reproduce your issue by testing it, have you tried resetting the remote control and refreshing the firmware? If the issue persists, please provide us a video , and it might help us understand better. Please also connect to the aircraft and try to set off.

Please upload the video to google drive or another cloud drive and share an open link here. I will download it and check it for you.
2023-12-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-5 19:27
Thank you so much for your reply, sorry that we did not reproduce your issue by testing it, have you tried resetting the remote control and refreshing the firmware? If the issue persists, please provide us a video , and it might help us understand better. Please also connect to the aircraft and try to set off.

Please upload the video to google drive or another cloud drive and share an open link here. I will download it and check it for you.

I find it really hard to believe that it wasn't able to be reproduced. Just a few days ago I caught it on screen recording by complete accident. This wasn't even the reason I was recording. On an M3E, so the issue is with Pilot 2 on multiple platforms.

2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you so much for the video. I have forwarded it to our engineer for further checking! Please rest assured that l will update you on the answers once l get the response. Your patience and understanding are well appreciated!
2023-12-7
Use props
MappingPro
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-5 19:27

Here you go. As you can see the drone is not centered on either map. Look what is shown on the small map and where the drone actually is when I open the larger map. No way to re-center it. Need a fix please.

2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MappingPro Posted at 12-8 18:50
Here you go. As you can see the drone is not centered on either map. Look what is shown on the small map and where the drone actually is when I open the larger map. No way to re-center it. Need a fix please.

https://cdn.djivideos.com/video_play/fea8920a-02cc-4921-933e-8f88b8a1cb35

Hi there, please tap this icon on the right side of the map page, it should solve your case. See if this helps.

2023-12-11
Use props
MappingPro
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-11 05:30
Hi there, please tap this icon on the right side of the map page, it should solve your case. See if this helps.
[view_image]

Tried that many times, nothing happens
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MappingPro Posted at 12-11 07:37
Tried that many times, nothing happens

Sorry for this. Please try to refresh the firmware for both the aircraft and controller and check again.
If the issue persists and if it is convenient, please provide a screen recording of the issue, including the firmware information and your usage of the option mentioned above, and export the log for us to analyze it further.
Method to export the logs:
Go to the DJI Pilot app, select [HMS] - [Manage Logs] - [All Logs] - [Selected] - [Aircraft Logs] /  [Remote Controller Logs] - [Upload].
You only need to export the log of the exact flight. Please send the logs and video to us via Dropbox, or via email at support@dji.com. Thank you very much.
2023-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules