Intelligent Battery Repair
5875 13 2023-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1581873 ft
United States

Anybody  have any experience with battery reviving using the CP2112 debug board and so called DJI Battery Repair Tool software. I'm having trouble finding the software that's not infected with a virus.
2023-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive not tried it,  but if you get it to work would you post a follow up,  thx.
2023-12-2
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Maybe this could help?

2023-12-2
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
United States

This is the video where I started. I have the CP2112 and the battery adapter but have tried downloading the software from other sources which all provide a link which is in New Zealand. My Norton guard dog blocks those from working saying that they have Trojan Gen 9 virus. I haven't tried using this videos link because putting my credit card info out there makes me nervous.
2023-12-2
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 02:05

If I do I will, I'll bet there are a lot of batteries out there that just need the fault codes cleared to save them from recycling.
2023-12-2
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I ran the software downloaded from here on a virtual machine, doesn't seem to have any virus:
https://greyarro.ws/t/dji-battery-repairing-tool/68863

But VirusTotal detects it as suspicious.
If you know how to use Virtual Machines, do so, and forward the USB port of the adapter to the VM.

I wouldn't suggest running this on your real PC because the software seems to originate from russia...
2023-12-3
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
United States

Ollie Bird Posted at 2023-12-2 05:51
If I do I will, I'll bet there are a lot of batteries out there that just need the fault codes cleared to save them from recycling.

I ended up downloading the battery killer program and taking a chance overriding my windows defender and whatever else. I didn't get the program from the South African guys but elsewhere. When I tried to run the program a message came up that a dll file couldn't be found. So after much frustration and trying and deleting and retrying I did a search for the file in question on my PC and it turns out to be a common file used in other programs. I copied the file to the folder with the other bat killer files and it works. Now I tried repairing three old battery packs which all had some bad swollen cells. I ended up ruining three BMS boards before I found out there is a specific procedure for disconnecting and connecting the BMS board from the balance board.  Now I have new 4 pack of 4400 ma batteries soldered to a new balance board without a good BMS board. I bought a battery pack on eBay for ten dollars thinking I could use the BMS board from it to complete my project. Turns out the battery was like new, only charged three times, cells not swollen, BMS not blocked, charges up fine, but when inserted in the drone it's already on without pressing the button. You can press the button and everything in the drone works as normal. I've refreshed the firmware in the drone which also does the battery and I've run the bat killer program on the battery, no pf codes. The on/off function would be controlled by the BMS, so I'm not going to disassemble this battery but I am looking for a couple of blocked batteries that I could use for a BMS board if anyone has one. I do want to complete this experiment with the larger capacity cells. But in the end just like Thomas Edison I learned about a lot of things not to do and the bat killer program and CP2112 board work great. You can use it to check the status of your good batteries at any time especially the cell status.
2-12 10:00
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2023-12-2 02:05

I ended up downloading the battery killer program and taking a chance overriding my windows defender and whatever else. I didn't get the program from the South African guys but elsewhere. When I tried to run the program a message came up that a dll file couldn't be found. So after much frustration and trying and deleting and retrying I did a search for the file in question on my PC and it turns out to be a common file used in other programs. I copied the file to the folder with the other bat killer files and it works. Now I tried repairing three old battery packs which all had some bad swollen cells. I ended up ruining three BMS boards before I found out there is a specific procedure for disconnecting and connecting the BMS board from the balance board.  Now I have new 4 pack of 4400 ma batteries soldered to a new balance board without a good BMS board. I bought a battery pack on eBay for ten dollars thinking I could use the BMS board from it to complete my project. Turns out the battery was like new, only charged three times, cells not swollen, BMS not blocked, charges up fine, but when inserted in the drone it's already on without pressing the button. You can press the button and everything in the drone works as normal. I've refreshed the firmware in the drone which also does the battery and I've run the bat killer program on the battery, no pf codes. The on/off function would be controlled by the BMS, so I'm not going to disassemble this battery but I am looking for a couple of blocked batteries that I could use for a BMS board if anyone has one. I do want to complete this experiment with the larger capacity cells. But in the end just like Thomas Edison I learned about a lot of things not to do and the bat killer program and CP2112 board work great. You can use it to check the status of your good batteries at any time especially the cell status.
2-12 12:49
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 2023-12-3 09:18
I ran the software downloaded from here on a virtual machine, doesn't seem to have any virus:

2-12 12:49
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 2023-12-3 09:18
I ran the software downloaded from here on a virtual machine, doesn't seem to have any virus:

2-12 12:52
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2023-12-2 02:05

2-12 12:53
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ollie Bird Posted at 2-12 12:53
I ended up downloading the battery killer program and taking a chance overriding my windows defender and whatever else. I didn't get the program from the South African guys but elsewhere. When I tried to run the program a message came up that a dll file couldn't be found. So after much frustration and trying and deleting and retrying I did a search for the file in question on my PC and it turns out to be a common file used in other programs. I copied the file to the folder with the other bat killer files and it works. Now I tried repairing three old battery packs which all had some bad swollen cells. I ended up ruining three BMS boards before I found out there is a specific procedure for disconnecting and connecting the BMS board from the balance board.  Now I have new 4 pack of 4400 ma batteries soldered to a new balance board without a good BMS board. I bought a battery pack on eBay for ten dollars thinking I could use the BMS board from it to complete my project. Turns out the battery was like new, only charged three times, cells not swollen, BMS not blocked, charges up fine, but when inserted in the drone it's already on without pressing the button. You can press the button and everything in the drone works as normal. I've refreshed the firmware in the drone which also does the battery and I've run the bat killer program on the battery, no pf codes. The on/off function would be controlled by the BMS, so I'm not going to disassemble this battery but I am looking for a couple of blocked batteries that I could use for a BMS board if anyone has one. I do want to complete this experiment with the larger capacity cells. But in the end just like Thomas Edison I learned about a lot of things not to do and the bat killer program and CP2112 board work great. You can use it to check the status of your good batteries at any time especially the cell status.

Can you share a link to the program.   cheers.
2-13 01:04
Use props
Ollie Bird
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-13 01:04
Can you share a link to the program.   cheers.

https://web.archive.org/web/2022 ... org/drone/software/

use this one(DJI_Battery_Killer_ver.0.5beta2_01.02.2022_with_dlls) when you unzip and try to run the program you may get an error message saying the mfc140u.dll is  missing. Do a search on your computer for this file and you will probably find it in some other program such as MS Office. you can copy not move the file into your bat killer folder and then it will work. This is what I found I had to do. Good luck
2-13 06:28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ollie Bird Posted at 2-13 06:28
https://web.archive.org/web/20221223191927/http://master-club.org/drone/software/

use this one(DJI_Battery_Killer_ver.0.5beta2_01.02.2022_with_dlls) when you unzip and try to run the program you may get an error message saying the mfc140u.dll is  missing. Do a search on your computer for this file and you will probably find it in some other program such as MS Office. you can copy not move the file into your bat killer folder and then it will work. This is what I found I had to do. Good luck

thanks   I'll take a look.  
2-14 00:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules