Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Action 4 low bitrate?
462 8 2023-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdong
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I bought a new Action 4 to suplement my V1 Pocket.  Did some test shooting last night and this morning, both indoor and outdoor.

I tried 4k/30p, 4k/60p, h264 and hevc(h265) with rocksteady.  It is just not as crisp on a 4K TV as my 4 year old 1/2.3" Pocket.    My dog is just fuzzy (somewhat less under super bright light) and patchy under lower light (not even dark).  The building edges are not as well defined.  You can count the dog hair on the Pocket video at night.

I checked the bitrate with mediainfo.   The V1 Pocket has a constant 100Mbp video stream, while the Action 4 only has 60-80Mbp.   Is there another setting I missed?  I have already turned on the Pro mode.

BTW, I first use old an sd card (A1?) from the Pocket (which never had problem writing long video at 100Mbp) and the Action 4 complained about being too slow.  Could the camera have switched to a lower bit rate mode?  I put in a new v30 card today, and the warning is now gone.   Maybe the camera needs a reset somewhere to forget the lower bit rate?

--
Rui-Tao

2023-12-2
Use props
rdong
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I went on a little hike in a canyon with the Action 4.  All the tree & lush vegetation push the bitrate to 110-120Mbits/s and with good details.  Took more night videos at South Coast.  The bitrate was only about 60-70Mbits/s and was a complete fuzzy mess.  So the camera uses variable bit rate, which is fine.  But other than under bright outdoor lighting, EIS is unless.   The camera goes back to Best Buy
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. May I ask for a separate sample video captured by the DJI Action 4 and DJI Osmo Pocket for further checking? You may consider using Google Drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2023-12-4
Use props
rdong
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-4 01:33
Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. May I ask for a separate sample video captured by the DJI Action 4 and DJI Osmo Pocket for further checking? You may consider using Google Drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

I took the dog to a shopping mall (pretty empty on a Monday night) and took some videos with both cameras.  Here is a link to the iCloud-drive.   I think the lighting is somewhere better than the ones I took on Saturday night.  I still need to to find a way to cut  the other video without re-compression.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/00a8YYpc-KtYgYYwovJQbSfnw#DJI-Share
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rdong Posted at 12-4 21:09
I took the dog to a shopping mall (pretty empty on a Monday night) and took some videos with both cameras.  Here is a link to the iCloud-drive.   I think the lighting is somewhere better than the ones I took on Saturday night.  I still need to to find a way to cut  the other video without re-compression.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/00a8YYpc-KtYgYYwovJQbSfnw#DJI-Share

Thank you for responding. We're unfortunately unable to fully access the link due to restrictions. May I ask if you could use Google Drive or Dropbox?
2023-12-6
Use props
rdong
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about that.  Does this work

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/x ... uabmgtbppv&dl=0
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rdong Posted at 12-6 16:14
Sorry about that.  Does this work

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/x2ldpp4ohy4zngv6mu244/h?rlkey=agbnx03vxt8k07muabmgtbppv&dl=0

Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. It seems that the link isn't working, please double-check it and hit "Reply" for me to be notified. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-15
Use props
rdong
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-12-15 02:01
Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. It seems that the link isn't working, please double-check it and hit "Reply" for me to be notified. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sorry.  I returned the Action 4 and then went on a 3 week southern European vacation and just returned yesterday.

The v1 Omso Pocket still worked well and recorded some stunning videos.  I think I will start to save the money for the new V3.

--
Rui-Tao
1-16 11:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rdong Posted at 1-16 11:21
Sorry.  I returned the Action 4 and then went on a 3 week southern European vacation and just returned yesterday.

The v1 Omso Pocket still worked well and recorded some stunning videos.  I think I will start to save the money for the new V3.

Hello. We appreciate your update regarding this matter. We're sorry to know that you ended up returning the product. Please let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.
1-18 03:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules