Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Semi-bricked my controller trying to update, please help!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

So, I have a P3A.  I went from running 1.1.9 skipping 1.2 because of bugs, straight to 1.3.2.  At that time, I was unable to update my controller and was told it was because I have the B controller which didn't need to be updated.
Flash forward to today, the release notes say that users MAY skip updating the controller, but I think, what the heck it's been quite a few revisions and maybe I should bring it current and allow for the FW to be updated from the app from now on, so I tried it.

- I tried it using the memory card I used to update the aircraft in a reader in the USB port, didn't work.
- I tried it with above mentioned memory card in the phantom, and directly plugged into the gimbal, didn't do anything.
- I tried a freshly formatted USB memory stick with the FW, didn't do anything.

Each time the blue light NEVER came on nor did the RC make any noises.
But now, when I turn it on, it beeps loudly about 6 times and flashes red.  

I can connect it to the aircraft, arm the motors, fly it around, but I am not getting any live feed, any telemetry on the GO app (it's just dead), and can't figure out to proceed from here.

Any support immensely appreciated :@
2015-9-7
Use props
tom.cloudblaze
New

United Kingdom

The update today bringing the IF modes to the Phantom does not require an upgrade from 1.3.2 for the RC. In the patch notes (Whatever the RC equivelant is), it is said controllers don't need the upgrade, because the update doesn't affect them. As for upgrading the controllers anyway, all of that is done through the DJI Go App AFAIK, although that may need reinforcing from someone else.

As for your problem, mine has had that issue in the past, I found turning everything off and back on again helped, I'm using a galaxy S5 on the latest firmware update for Android.
2015-9-7
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

Not sure what is causing you not being able to update. I went from 1.1.9 to  1.3.20 without issue so I know it's doable. I had an issue a bit ago where my RC flashed the red light and beeped when i turned it on. I did a little reading a found (at least for me) it was a stick calibration issue. I turned it on and moved the stick (right? up & down?) Forget, so just wiggle your sticks up, down left right and see it that clears the error. May be something else you are describing, but worth a try. I thought my controller was fried, and I was already thinking how much a new controller would cost, but it was only this simple fix. Hope that's all it is... then you can then you can work on the firmware upgrade. Trying a different card or usb sd card reader may help. When I upgraded the controller it took a while... like 25 mins or so. Lights (main lights on the quad) flashed yellow. Little led on the camera flashed alternating red/green while updating, then solid green when complete.
Good luck.
2015-9-7
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
United States

tom.cloudblaze Posted at 2015-9-7 13:08
The update today bringing the IF modes to the Phantom does not require an upgrade from 1.3.2 for the ...

I'm upgrading my RC from 1.1.9.

And you can't upgrade straight from the app until you have at least 1.2 on the RC.
2015-9-7
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
United States

coherent Posted at 2015-9-7 13:11
Not sure what is causing you not being able to update. I went from 1.1.9 to  1.3.20 without issue so ...

Do you have the B controller?

Going to try the stick wiggles.
2015-9-7
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the heck of it, have you tried relinking the RC:
Turn on the RC and connect to your mobile device& launch DJI GO app.
Power on the P3 ad then enter Camera and click the Remote Controller link.
down at the bottom, click Linking RC. When the Searching dialog appears, Locate the linking button on the side of the aircraft. Press the link button to start the linking process. If successful, the controller led should turn green...
2015-9-7
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
United States

coherent Posted at 2015-9-7 13:11
Not sure what is causing you not being able to update. I went from 1.1.9 to  1.3.20 without issue so ...

STICK WIGGLES WORKED.

You're my hero, thank you SO MUCH!!
2015-9-7
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
United States

No, mine is an "A", so not sure if that makes a difference, but but I definitely went directly from 1.1.9 to 1.3.20. I only did so finally a couple days ago to prepare for the new upgrades that were planned for today.
Hope you figure it out and it's nothing serious.
2015-9-7
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
United States

AlmostTan Posted at 2015-9-7 13:45
STICK WIGGLES WORKED.

You're my hero, thank you SO MUCH!!

Awsome... so glad. I know it's scary and then to have it fixed so simply. This is the kind of stuff that should be in a DJI troubleshooting guide!
2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules