DJI Avata lost gps satellites after take off !!
1113 7 2023-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capblack
lvl.2

Israel

Hello, today after almost two months of not flying my "avata" I found after taking off that the satellite count fell from 13 to 0, I think it is because of the special situation here in Israel, as a precaution I returned and landed, but I was able Note that it did not lose stability and did not lose orientation to home point, does anyone know if it is safe to fly without satellites in sight? or is it preferable not to fly

Thanks

2023-12-4
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's typically not an issue but some caution needs to be used. You will be in full control of the craft. Say if it is windy it will push the craft in the wind and you will have to control it manually.
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please try to have a test flight in a different location and check if the issue persists. Please note that the DJI Avata will drift when flying with no GPS signal, which means the drone cannot stabilize its flight attitude, thus, it may cause hazards if keeps flying it high and far. DJI Avata has a height limit of 50 meters without GPS but no distance limitation. The old version firmware will limit the height to 30 meters and the distance to 50 meters if the Goggles is not linked; the new version firmware cannot take off without linking the goggles. You may try to install the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware before the test flight and check if there is changes. Please let us know. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-5
Use props
Capblack
lvl.2

Israel

Hello, thank you very much for the answers, my doubt is that due to the complication in the GPS, there could be a fly away, on the other hand it is in DJI's plans, can you disable the GPS? This way you could also fly without problems indoors.
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Capblack Posted at 12-5 02:03
Hello, thank you very much for the answers, my doubt is that due to the complication in the GPS, there could be a fly away, on the other hand it is in DJI's plans, can you disable the GPS? This way you could also fly without problems indoors.

You're welcome, Capblack. Please note that we don't have the option to manually disable the GPS signal. Please note that DJI Avata supports indoor use. It is recommended that you use the aircraft under conditions that the indoor light is sufficient and the aircraft’s Downward Vision System is functioning, which will ensure that the aircraft can hover stably, otherwise drifting may occur. At this time, you need to push the control stick in time and fly carefully. Have a nice day!
2023-12-5
Use props
Capblack
lvl.2

Israel

thank you very much for the answers and advice
2023-12-6
Use props
djiuser_EkjpLZfYOvb5
lvl.1

Belize

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-5 18:36
You're welcome, Capblack. Please note that we don't have the option to manually disable the GPS signal. Please note that DJI Avata supports indoor use. It is recommended that you use the aircraft under conditions that the indoor light is sufficient and the aircraft’s Downward Vision System is functioning, which will ensure that the aircraft can hover stably, otherwise drifting may occur. At this time, you need to push the control stick in time and fly carefully. Have a nice day!

Hi. Is there a way to turn of the downward vision system?
3-4 13:22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_EkjpLZfYOvb5 Posted at 3-4 13:22
Hi. Is there a way to turn of the downward vision system?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you are referring to the DJI Avata, we don't have an option to manually disable or turn off the downward vision system. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
3-6 23:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules