just come across this, another gem by sar104
2023-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Didnt answer the one I get with the Mini3,   I fly from a wall quite regularly.  In daylight I never received a compass calibration message but if I fly there in the dark I get one every time.
2023-12-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 01:39
Didnt answer the one I get with the Mini3,   I fly from a wall quite regularly.  In daylight I never received a compass calibration message but if I fly there in the dark I get one every time.

Why not ask sar104 about the problem by posting a thread about it on the MavicPilots forum and perhaps make the .DAT available ?
2023-12-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Didnt answer the one I get with the Mini3,   I fly from a wall quite regularly.  In daylight I never received a compass calibration message but if I fly there in the dark I get one every time.

It's a stupid message from DJI that makes no sense.
It's all about the dark, and has nothing at all to do with the compass.
I've posted about this before.

I've had it a couple of times in places I've flown in daylight.
No amount of moving the drone or even recalibrating the compass makes any difference.
But lighting the area around the drone with a bright light and the problem goes away.
2023-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-5 03:23
It's a stupid message from DJI that makes no sense.
It's all about the dark, and has nothing at all to do with the compass.
I've posted about this before.

I will try the light next time,   I fly pre dawn from this spot and it always complains,   but never is light.
2023-12-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Didnt answer the one I get with the Mini3,   I fly from a wall quite regularly.  In daylight I never received a compass calibration message but if I fly there in the dark I get one every time.

The first time I ran into this, I couldn't make any sense of it.
It happened a few months later and I took some time to work on it.

I clicked on the Compass Calibration warning and it showed me more details, with a note about: Unable to take off in low light environment.
So I lit the area and it was no longer a problem.

It's got nothing at all to do with the compass despite what it said.
I have no idea why a low light environment matters, since the drone can fly perfectly will in the dark.
Just an example of DJI's very poor English language screen messages.
Screenshot_20230711-181042.jpg
Screenshot_20230711-181048.jpg
2023-12-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-5 03:34
It happened a few months later and I took some time to work on it.

With the mini 1 & 2 I get low light warnings almost EVERY time indoors.
If you get the compass error thing again and then 'advance' to your second screen capture, try touching the "Unable to Take Off" warning and see what you get.
The 'low light warning' is so routine for me I don't read the 'banners' and just press the required buttons but it may be that my "Unable to Take Off' banner takes me to the buttons/acceptances that I need to touch to allow motor start.
2023-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont know why it would do that, perhaps its a false positive stemming from the downward sensors, let DJI know and they should resolve it (in time lol), sounds like a code conflict to me.

As long as the drone indicator matches the drones direction then you have nothing to worry about and can either ignore it or, turn on the drone, in the air and away from the wall, then place it on the wall and see what it says then, if anything.

PS, FYI, Some walls can have reinforcing in them even if its just "ties".
2023-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-5 03:34
It happened a few months later and I took some time to work on it.

Sorry, i should have looked at the following replies...
2023-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-5 04:19
I dont know why it would do that, perhaps its a false positive stemming from the downward sensors, let DJI know and they should resolve it (in time lol), sounds like a code conflict to me.

As long as the drone indicator matches the drones direction then you have nothing to worry about and can either ignore it or, turn on the drone, in the air and away from the wall, then place it on the wall and see what it says then, if anything.

Yes. Some walls Ive flown from definitely contain metal,  but in this case I place the drone in almost the exact spot in the dark and get the error but go back a few hours later to fly again and in daylight no issue.

Ive since seen comments that the Mini 4 is also doing it.
2023-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 04:53
Yes. Some walls Ive flown from definitely contain metal,  but in this case I place the drone in almost the exact spot in the dark and get the error but go back a few hours later to fly again and in daylight no issue.

Ive since seen comments that the Mini 4 is also doing it.

Then deffo a conflict with the vision sensors, you know its safe to use it there so ignore it but i would mention it to DJI, the code needs a wee tweak...
2023-12-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 12-5 07:03
Then deffo a conflict with the vision sensors, you know its safe to use it there so ignore it but i would mention it to DJI, the code needs a wee tweak...

you know its safe to use it there so ignore it
Knowing it's safe doesn't help.
You can't ignore it when it won't let you start the motors.
2023-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-5 12:50
you know its safe to use it there so ignore it
Knowing it's safe doesn't help.
You can't ignore it when it won't let you start the motors start the motors.

Is that a relatively new thing, not being able to start it?

Since I've been turning mine on in the air at around head height, I've not seen a compass error for a very long time, prob around 3 years, so when i say relatively new, i mean within the last 3 years lol.

EDIT: I just saw your post #8, i really should read all the replies 1st, that answers my question, sort of, as DaFlys is using the Mini 3 Pro, but i assume your method also applies here too?
2023-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules