498 4 2023-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluesky2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
Mexico

Ні,
My DJI Fly is on the latest 1.12.3 and MA2 has the latest firmware update for RID. I was able to re-register my MA2 with FAA with the new RID. I did a test fly at home in Texas and there was no problem.
I'm Cancun Mexico now. When I try to fly MA2, I get the Remote ID error so won't be to fly it. See attached for the screenshot. MA2 has builtin GPS, right? Plus my mobile device is sharing its location with DJI Fly. I wonder if the US FAA RID thing renders a DJl drone not flyable in other countries. Or is this a FJI bug to be fixed?
Not sure if anyone else has run into this problem.
2023-12-4
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
Mexico

Screenshot for Remote ID error
IMG_8236.jpeg
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bluesky2017 Posted at 12-4 15:04
Screenshot for Remote ID error

Hi, bluesky2017. Please make sure the firmware version and app version have been updated to the latest. For mobile devices, it should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground.
For Android: system settings>privacy>location service>access my location---- to enable the mobile phone location service.
For IOS: system settings> apps> DJI Fly> permissions>location>allow only while using the app/allow all the time--- to enable the Location permission of DJI Fly App.
Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-4
Use props
djiuser_RTCaGK54DS6k
New
Flight distance : 935 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-4 21:21
Hi, bluesky2017. Please make sure the firmware version and app version have been updated to the latest. For mobile devices, it should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground.
For Android: system settings>privacy>location service>access my location---- to enable the mobile phone location service.
For IOS: system settings> apps> DJI Fly> permissions>location>allow only while using the app/allow all the time--- to enable the Location permission of DJI Fly App.
I just updated my Air 2 and is now RID compliant. Problem: testing prior to a real flight has discovered if another App pops up over top of the DJI Fly app (calendar notification etc) while motors are running will produce an RID error and the motors shut off. If this is expected behavior id have to say whoever deaigned this has created a huge safety issue. Im running DJI Fly via Android
3-4 07:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_RTCaGK54DS6k Posted at 3-4 07:44
I just updated my Air 2 and is now RID compliant. Problem: testing prior to a real flight has discovered if another App pops up over top of the DJI Fly app (calendar notification etc) while motors are running will produce an RID error and the motors shut off. If this is expected behavior id have to say whoever deaigned this has created a huge safety issue. Im running DJI Fly via Android

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It will not stop the motors midflight but as required by the rule, the person manipulating the flight controls of the drone must land it as soon as practicable if the drone is no longer broadcasting the message elements required by the Remote ID rule. Have a nice day.
3-6 02:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules