Air 2s Downward vision sensor calibration error
598 10 2023-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brucewithamap
lvl.1

United States

I have been getting this error and have tried calibrating but I only get errors when trying to calibrate.    This has been going on for months now.Anyone have any other ideas about how to fix this?

Calibration Sensor

Calibration Sensor

2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please try to fly the aircraft at approximately 10 m to 30 m back and forth in a straight line in an outdoor environment with GPS signals? Doing so will allow the aircraft to finish auto-calibration. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-12-4
Use props
Brucewithamap
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-4 20:39
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please try to fly the aircraft at approximately 10 m to 30 m back and forth in a straight line in an outdoor environment with GPS signals? Doing so will allow the aircraft to finish auto-calibration. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Thanks and will try that and let you know if it works
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Brucewithamap Posted at 12-4 22:15
Thanks and will try that and let you know if it works

Perfect we will wait for your reply. Have a nice day.
2023-12-5
Use props
Brucewithamap
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-5 01:21
Perfect we will wait for your reply. Have a nice day.

After the weather cleared up I was able to take it out by my house for about 10-15 minutes of flight time.  Back and forth, straight line.   The same error message was there but it never did go away.  I brought it in, shut everything down and restarted.  Ended up getting the same error message after going to about 15 meters up.    Anything else I can try?  It flies fine but on mapping mission I get a lot of holes in the maps and it is not worth flying with those.  I am not sure if the problems are related.   
2023-12-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Post a screen shot of the controller error message.
2023-12-5
Use props
Brucewithamap
lvl.1

United States

Screenshots of error message
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Brucewithamap Posted at 12-5 11:03
After the weather cleared up I was able to take it out by my house for about 10-15 minutes of flight time.  Back and forth, straight line.   The same error message was there but it never did go away.  I brought it in, shut everything down and restarted.  Ended up getting the same error message after going to about 15 meters up.    Anything else I can try?  It flies fine but on mapping mission I get a lot of holes in the maps and it is not worth flying with those.  I am not sure if the problems are related.

Thank you Brucewithamap. Can you please check the notes below and see if it will help?
1. Please check the Sensor Calibration Instructions in DJI Assistant 2. During calibration, keep the aircraft arms unfolded. Notes: Folded aircraft arms may obstruct the vision sensor, which may result in a calibration error.
2. Ensure that the monitor uses a straight-face screen. Curved screens are not supported. If the screen used is not a straight-face screen, please change or borrow a straight-face screen for operation.
3. Confirm the dimensions of the monitor being used. We recommend using a monitor larger than 14 inches. If the screen is less than 14 inches, the calibration may fail.
4. Please use a soft fabric (such as a cloth for glasses) to wipe the vision sensor lens of the aircraft. Wipe it several times until the lens is clean.
5. Please set the resolution displayed on the computer to the default value recommended by the system.
6. Open https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series and check whether the DJI Assistant 2 is the latest version. If not, please download and install one.
7. Please try reconnecting the aircraft and the DJI Assistant 2 for calibration.
Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2023-12-7
Use props
Brucewithamap
lvl.1

United States

Thank you.. I hope to try this today.   One question:  I have been calibrating with a 27" monitor attached to a laptop with 12" screen.   The 12" screen is too small.  Is there any problem with doing that.
Several times, I get the message to enter my screen size and I put 27" but after that the sensor is not showing up
2023-12-7
Use props
Brucewithamap
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-7 00:46
Thank you Brucewithamap. Can you please check the notes below and see if it will help?
1. Please check the Sensor Calibration Instructions in DJI Assistant 2. During calibration, keep the aircraft arms unfolded. Notes: Folded aircraft arms may obstruct the vision sensor, which may result in a calibration error.
2. Ensure that the monitor uses a straight-face screen. Curved screens are not supported. If the screen used is not a straight-face screen, please change or borrow a straight-face screen for operation.

Sorry for late reply as I had to go out of town.   I tried what you suggested 2 times.
I took a picture of the lense.  This seems damaged or melted or something!  Or is it supposed to look like this

2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Brucewithamap Posted at 12-10 09:35
Sorry for late reply as I had to go out of town.   I tried what you suggested 2 times.
I took a picture of the lense.  This seems damaged or melted or something!  Or is it supposed to look like this

Hi. Thank you. That is the LED. The LED possibly melted its lens gradually with every use. But this won't prompt Downward vision sensor error. If after following the suggestion it still fails, I'm afraid you need to send it to DJI for repair. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules