Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rymianek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3941398 ft

Poland

Hi
I am a new Avata owner. I have too MAv 3 Pro and Autel's but my first FPV

With my other drones, I have no problem flying in the winter while sitting in the car.
But avata throws Googles compass error.
Is it even possible to fly Avat from a car with Motion 2 & Goggles 2?

Thank's for reply !

2023-12-4
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It is dangerous to fly any drone from your car that has RTH. The compass will be wrong and could lead to loss of the drone if it attempts to fly home via compass heading. In your car with a non RTH drone it makes little difference other than some potential erratic flight movements as it does not RTH. The goggles are complaining and should be respected for what they are saying to you.
2023-12-4
Use props
Rymianek
lvl.2

Poland

bjr981s Posted at 12-4 19:52
It is dangerous to fly any drone from your car that has RTH. The compass will be wrong and could lead to loss of the drone if it attempts to fly home via compass heading. In your car with a non RTH drone it makes little difference other than some potential erratic flight movements as it does not RTH. The goggles are complaining and should be respected for what they are saying to you.

I know , but in Poland is -13 degress

Mavic 3 Pro i always fly from Car and not problem but Googles 2 have problem with compass
2023-12-4
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

From your description I suspect it's the compass inside the Motion Controller 2 that is encountering the compass error. If so, that's impossible to fix if the MC 2 is inside the car.

The Mavic 3 controller doesn't have a compass.
2023-12-4
Use props
Rymianek
lvl.2

Poland

BudWalker Posted at 12-4 21:19
From your description I suspect it's the compass inside the Motion Controller 2 that is encountering the compass error. If so, that's impossible to fix if the MC 2 is inside the car.

The Mavic 3 controller doesn't have a compass.

Ok I must buy remote ccontroller 2
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank your for sharing this query with us. May I confirm if you tested the aircraft in an open area to isolate the situation? Also, it's recommended to re-calibrate your compass and test it again. Please feel free to keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2023-12-5
Use props
Rymianek
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-5 21:59
Hello, there. Thank your for sharing this query with us. May I confirm if you tested the aircraft in an open area to isolate the situation? Also, it's recommended to re-calibrate your compass and test it again. Please feel free to keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

Yeah ! I calibrate imu and compass in mc2 and googles 2 and have no problem to fly from car but range is poor I must buy Dji remote 2
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rymianek Posted at 12-5 22:37
Yeah ! I calibrate imu and compass in mc2 and googles 2 and have no problem to fly from car but range is poor I must buy Dji remote 2

Thank you for responding. If possible, you may test in an open area away from interferences to determine the performance of the aircraft. Please feel free to keep us posted anytime.
2023-12-6
Use props
djiuser_1UwZmTtrgukr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1733212 ft
Morocco

Is dji avata a scam , it was advertised officially in a museum and when you talk to dji support they say we don’t recommend using it indoor !!!
2023-12-26
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

djiuser_1UwZmTtrgukr Posted at 12-26 11:36
Is dji avata a scam , it was advertised officially in a museum and when you talk to dji support they say we don’t recommend using it indoor !!!

From my findings, you can fly indoors using the MC IF it is well lit because it can rely on the vision sensors. If it is dark, it has trouble calculating its position, elevation etc and the MC depends on certain positioning variables to calculate and maintain flight. The RC2 in manual mode will not have this issue. Be careful though because without GPS, the avata flies slower and the moment the GNSS picks up satellites, it can quickly accelerate (and its fast even in sports mode) and can double or triple your speeds in less than a second with the same throttle position. I had my first accident learning this.
2023-12-26
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

Honestly No. I found that even standing next to a car or any metal structure causes inteference with the goggles 2 or the MC. Need to be at least 2-3m away from any large metal objects/structures. Manual mode with RC2 wouldnt have a problem.
2023-12-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was in the car once with googles and rc and had no issues; have not tried with mc2
2023-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules