How to disable wireless connections on Osmo Pocket 3
1230 7 2023-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MTLer
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,I was wondering if it is possible to disable the wireless connections in the menu settings of the Pocket 3?
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Osmo Pocket series products do not support turning off Wi-Fi manually. However, if users do not use the wireless method (Wifi method) to connect to Mimo, it will temporarily sleep after 1 minute (Wifi is automatically turned off). At this time, if the users want to connect again, Wifi will be restarted automatically after entering Mimo, which will not affect the connection.
2023-12-5
Use props
MTLer
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you for the quick reply!

Do you know if the same applies for Bluetooth connections?
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MTLer Posted at 12-5 06:14
Thank you for the quick reply!

Do you know if the same applies for Bluetooth connections?

Yes, it does not support turning off Bluetooth manually either.
2023-12-5
Use props
MTLer
lvl.1

Canada

My situation is that I have been looking for a gimbal solution with AI tracking for a while, but most of them require a wireless connection to the camera device in order to perform tracking.

This is an issue for me since RF radiation from WiFi / Bluetooth causes me to have headaches and ringing in my ears.

So I recently decided to get an Osmo Pocket 3 under the assumption that the wireless connections could be disabled in the settings (similar to GoPro), given they are not needed if I don't want to pair it with the app on a mobile phone. But unfortunately it seems I was mistaken.

Given this option is currently not available, I'd like to know if DJI is considering adding it in a future firmware update?

Otherwise, I will be forced to return my Osmo Pocket 3 before the return window closes on January 11, 2024

Thanks in advance for your consideration!
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MTLer Posted at 12-6 04:01
My situation is that I have been looking for a gimbal solution with AI tracking for a while, but most of them require a wireless connection to the camera device in order to perform tracking.

This is an issue for me since RF radiation from WiFi / Bluetooth causes me to have headaches and ringing in my ears.

Thank you for your feedback. Currently, it is not supported to switch Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off manually. If you have urgent needs and the function is indispensable for you. Considering the return window is about to close, we recommend you return it first. At the same time, we will forward your request to our related departments for evaluation.
2023-12-6
Use props
MTLer
lvl.1

Canada

I appreciate your ongoing assistance regarding the Osmo Pocket 3's wireless connectivity, and I'd like to emphasize a couple of crucial points.

Firstly, the potential to manually disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is not only a bonus for users with sensitivities like me, but also a feature that resonates with those seeking extended battery life. As the demand for gadgets with prolonged usage grows, providing users with the autonomy to control wireless connections aligns with this trend. It could become an added selling point, enhancing the overall appeal of the Osmo Pocket 3.

Also, I want to assure you that I am genuinely committed to the Osmo Pocket 3 and its potential. In light of the upcoming return window closure on January 11, 2024, I am willing to wait until closer to that date in the hope that DJI's software engineering team will consider and potentially incorporate this option in the next firmware update. This choice reflects my confidence in the product and the potential for practical improvements that could benefit not only me but also a broader user base.

Thank you once again for your understanding and consideration, I eagerly await any updates or insights you can provide on this matter.
2023-12-7
Use props
MTLer
lvl.1

Canada

In case your software engineers / CTO need a more compelling justification beyond someone reporting headaches or tinnitus, consider the World Health Organization's stance on the matter:

"The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classifies radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as potentially carcinogenic to humans."
Source: https://www.iarc.who.int/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/pr208_E.pdf

In essence, without incorporating the option to disable wireless connections in the settings of the Osmo Pocket 3 (and other models), DJI devices *may* contribute to an elevated risk of cancer among its customers.

Is there really any reason that would justify forcing customers to be exposed if they choose not to?
2023-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules