POI test - screen recorded
1898 7 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Here is screen recording of two poi tests. Video might be a little choppy as I haven't got the shou settings exactly where I want them.

I was at the flying field and there were a few other people there so I didn't have the run of the place. Kind of tight area in which to run my test.

A couple of observations. The tighter the radius the less accurate it will be. This is an assumption on my part as I couldn't test a wider radius.

16ft radius and 16 ft altitude is the minimum radius/altitude.

It is nice to be able to change your setting on the fly.

I also did a quick hard left and right test for horizon tilt and it seems to be locked in.

I used myself as the point of interest because I am so damn cute!!!

This video is raw, no editing.

EDIT:

i just noticed when I watched the video from the Inspire camera that I had not extended my antennas. They were folded for storage. I have done this so many times. It is amazing how well this bird and controller communicate when given the opportunity to fail.

2015-9-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

ive notice when testing the RTH landing feature that the gps isnt very accurate, its often around 5ft off of initial take off position which makes it useless for me as i use my truck bed cover as a launch/land zone.  Its to be expected that same variance would exist in all gps controlled auto flight modes.
2015-9-7
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you remltr for doing this. Very helpful.
2015-9-7
Use props
areischauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257382 ft
United States

A good idea for starting a POI is to use the center point of focus like you had on the camera.  When on top of your POI point the camera directly down to confirm the location, then set the POI via the app.  This sets the POI location directly over your intended location and then can be used to rotate about based on your preferences.
2015-9-7
Use props
kaaooss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2743143 ft
  • >>>
Australia

good to see this in action, thanks
2015-9-7
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Haven't had a chance to use this yet but do you have full control of the camera as if you were the second controller?
2015-9-7
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

scooterlam Posted at 2015-9-7 21:03
Haven't had a chance to use this yet but do you have full control of the camera as if you were the s ...

Scooter don't know the answer to your question. Didn't test that. I was just playing with the flight characteristics. I won't have another chance to test until the weekend. Maybe you will beat me to it.
2015-9-8
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

I did forget to mention that you set the distance and altitude by moving your control sticks. Keep in mind that you are flying in whatever direction you are moving your sticks.

Hover over your subject and set the POI. Fly up to your altitude and the screen shows that height. Fly out to your radius and the screen shows the distance. Press the go button or whatever it is called and the operation will begin. It will stay in that mode until low battery or you cancel it. I think you can reverse course with the sticks, but I did it via the app.
2015-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules