491 7 2023-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WesV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1246834 ft
South Africa

Hi All...

I have the Air 2s and the DJI RC, recently noticed that it saves video on the SD card that's in the drone, but doesn't save any photos I take. The remote even makes the shutter sound when I press either the on screen button or the camera button, but doesn't save the photo.

I've put a SD card into the remote as well to test it and have factory reset the remote, but still no luck.

Has anyone had a similar problem and possible solution?

Thanks in advance
2023-12-7
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few thoughts....Do you have it saving to the SD card and not the internal memory? Is the SD card formatted in the drone. If all else fails, try refreshing the firmware of the drone (and RC in this case) using the DJI assistant 2 program on a computer
2023-12-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are the breaks in the number sequence of the videos that would correspond to the missing photos ?
2023-12-7
Use props
WesV
lvl.1
South Africa

jmb63 Posted at 12-7 11:48
A few thoughts....Do you have it saving to the SD card and not the internal memory? Is the SD card formatted in the drone. If all else fails, try refreshing the firmware of the drone (and RC in this case) using the DJI assistant 2 program on a computer

Yes... Saving to SD Card and SD card formatted in drone. Will have a look at firmware. It was just strange that it still saves the video perfect, but just not the photos. Will keep the thread updated. Thank you
2023-12-7
Use props
WesV
lvl.1
South Africa

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-7 12:43
Are the breaks in the number sequence of the videos that would correspond to the missing photos ?

No, no break in the sequence. I usually sort my files so that I can see what item has which extension, but all mp4. Even formatting the card and taking a picture didn't save anything to the SD, also naturally then doesn't show up in the app library.
2023-12-7
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

WesV Posted at 12-7 21:19
Yes... Saving to SD Card and SD card formatted in drone. Will have a look at firmware. It was just strange that it still saves the video perfect, but just not the photos. Will keep the thread updated. Thank you

The first thing that DJI always suggests with these "weird" problems is a refresh of the firmware using the assistant program so definitely worth a shot...Yes, please let us know how you make out...
2023-12-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

These are probably the low resolution video previews that you are seeing. To get the full resolution, you need to download them from the drone to the controller. There are no photo previews saved to the remote.
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Wesv. Please make sure all firmware is up to date.  And do the photo files not show in the aircraft album? if yes, please post a video showing the issue and I will forward it to the related team for further checking. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules