Pairing a new Drone to old controller
1065 8 2023-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monkeynuts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1896 ft
United Kingdom

Just received a replacement aircraft from DJI and the service was spot on but having trouble pairing it with the original controller DJI RC  the one with a screen .

I have deleated the old crafts details s/n etc and for some reason cannot pair the new one .

Can anybody give us a step by step instructions of what to do tried the notes in the instruction manual and still comes up with no craft found
2023-12-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What drone, what controller?
If it is a Mavic Mini or mini SE, though I suspect not, what are the model numbers of the drone and controller. The model number of the controller should be of the label on its back, the model number of the drone might be on the bow or in the lid of the drone's battery compartment.
Using a computer and the appropriate assistant 2 check the firmwares of the drone and controller and check if they are compatible. It has been suggested that incompatible firmwares can prevent linking.
Remove the memory card from the drone, a corrupt or misnamed file on the card can prevent linking.
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. May I know what is the model of the drone and remote you are having a problem with? Here are some notes you can follow to pair your units:
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Try linking by pressing the combinations of buttons instead of using the Fly app: Press and hold the Power button on the remote controller for four seconds to prepare to link and then press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
4. If it still fails, check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app and make sure your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi. After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. You can also try to connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating & refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version. you can download the DJI Assistant 2 on https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-12-7
Use props
Monkeynuts
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-7 19:21
Hello there. May I know what is the model of the drone and remote you are having a problem with? Here are some notes you can follow to pair your units:
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.

Hi Tony

Many thanks for your help and with a bit of fiddling around I managed to pair the controller and craft .
Took out the mem card from the craft and refreshed the firmware then upgraded the handset firmware to the latest version .
Then tried to pair up and this time it worked .
Shame DJI never did this when it went for repair and they had the controller when they replaced the craft .
Anyway all seems good at the mo so now go through all the calibration stuff and then see if we can fly .

Cheers Steve
2023-12-8
Use props
Monkeynuts
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-7 10:40
What drone, what controller?
If it is a Mavic Mini or mini SE, though I suspect not, what are the model numbers of the drone and controller. The model number of the controller should be of the label on its back, the model number of the drone might be on the bow or in the lid of the drone's battery compartment.
Using a computer and the appropriate assistant 2 check the firmwares of the drone and controller and check if they are compatible. It has been suggested that incompatible firmwares can prevent linking.

All sorted thanks for your comments
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Monkeynuts Posted at 12-8 04:42
Hi Tony

Many thanks for your help and with a bit of fiddling around I managed to pair the controller and craft .

Awesome. We're glad it's already working. I will forward your feedback to the related team. We appreciate your valued support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-9
Use props
djiuser_B9UZYH7cY0mk
New

New Zealand

I've had a similar problem with a new Mavic 3 Pro (bought in Australia)  and a pre owned RC Pro controller (imported from US), unable to pair.
Firmware on the controller and drone are up to date, DJI Fly app is up to date.

The original RC controller can access the drone, but not the RC Pro.

I did delete the original email account associated with the drone and RC controller, understand this wil take 15 days, will this release the drone and the controller and allow me to pair the new Pro controller?.

Or should I send the drone back for service...
2023-12-24
Use props
djiuser_yNobSwOjdaru
New

Australia

Hi,
I’m having the same issue with my replacement mini 3. I have already unbinded the old drone but when I go onto the find my drone, it stills says it’s in China. Do you know how to make the old rc controller with the screen to connect to the new drone? Thank you!
3-1 04:15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_yNobSwOjdaru Posted at 3-1 04:15
Hi,
I’m having the same issue with my replacement mini 3. I have already unbinded the old drone but when I go onto the find my drone, it stills says it’s in China. Do you know how to make the old rc controller with the screen to connect to the new drone? Thank you!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may check the link below for guidance on how to properly link your DJI drone to its remote controller. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach us. Hope this helps.

https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
3-1 21:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules