DJI Mic Tx not charging
1180 7 2023-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eye Bawl
lvl.1

Canada

When my DJI Mic kit was new in its case, it consistently displayed "12h" on both transmitters. After a year of light use, one Tx shows 0.3h and the other 7.9h, no matter how long I charge either the case or the Tx alone via USB-C.  Both Tx also sit in the case when not in use and the case shows 4 lighted dots in the front. What am I doing wrong? Also how do you tell what power level the Rx is at? Thanks for any help.
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Eye Bawl. sorry to read about the issue with your DJI Mic. If you have tried charging the TX directly via the USB C cable, or try to use different charger or charging cable but that did not help, you may need to send it back to DJI for further testing.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. Thank you.
2023-12-8
Use props
flangset
New

Norway

Hi,
Those numbers do not show the battery status. They show the remaining hours of internal recording before the storage is full. You can reclaim the internal storage space on a Tx by using the format menu item for the given Tx in the menu on the Rx. Just push the given folder upwards and press the format button that shows up. This will only work when the Rx and Tx' are out of the charging box.

The battery status will also show for both Tx' and Rx on the main window when in use. The Tx battery status is shown in the upper right corner. The remaining battery time is not shown anywhere, but the Tx' is said to be good for about 5 hours, the Rx 5.5 hours before they need to be charged. This will vary with usage, temperature etc.

https://youtu.be/cgYHsOQXjyk?feature=shared

My two cents.

Cheers,

2023-12-12
Use props
Eye Bawl
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you Flangset! That clarifies everything. Not sure why a DJI Admin wouldn't know this. Can you imagine if I had to send my unit back just to have them tell me nothing is wrong, and I would have lost the use of it for months??
1-15 15:16
Use props
djiuser_ccwB078BkYYI
New

United States

flangset Posted at 2023-12-12 08:58
Hi,
Those numbers do not show the battery status. They show the remaining hours of internal recording before the storage is full. You can reclaim the internal storage space on a Tx by using the format menu item for the given Tx in the menu on the Rx. Just push the given folder upwards and press the format button that shows up. This will only work when the Rx and Tx' are out of the charging box.

WOW this was incredibly helpful! I thought for sure my units weren't charging and were going to send them in! It's so misleading!

Thank you for this comment, not sure why it even holds the audio it's really strange I'd much rather know the charge but this was a lifesaver!
3-6 18:24
Use props
djiuser_ccwB078BkYYI
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2023-12-8 22:52
Hi Eye Bawl. sorry to read about the issue with your DJI Mic. If you have tried charging the TX directly via the USB C cable, or try to use different charger or charging cable but that did not help, you may need to send it back to DJI for further testing.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case. Thank you.

Wow your comment is completely unhelpful and you do not have knowledge of this product! Refer to below that ACTUALLY answers the question!
3-6 18:25
Use props
djiuser_73nUlQUxMvcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6463 ft
Norway

djiuser_ccwB078BkYYI Posted at 3-6 18:25
Wow your comment is completely unhelpful and you do not have knowledge of this product! Refer to below that ACTUALLY answers the question!

I have been using the products for A long time, and i also though the 15.2 H was refering to the battery time. I do not think all of DJI including Susan is using this products all the time. It is easy to blame someone, But i have seen Susan and other admin give A lot of good advoce and problem solvind in the forums, remember everyone can do mistakes. And sometimes one can overlook some information.

I want to thank the DJI team for generally doing A great support job!
3-14 03:10
Use props
djiuser_73nUlQUxMvcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6463 ft
Norway

flangset Posted at 2023-12-12 08:58
Hi,

Also thank you for information! The DJI users generally have A lot of information, you make this forum valuble!
3-14 03:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules