Don`t have image in my Iphone with Phantom 2+
8987 56 2014-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gbfurtado
lvl.1
Brazil

Looks like all have the same problem. What DJi need to understand is that we are in the 21 century and phone calls aren`t the solution. We call several times and we stay on hold for more than 30 minutes, even when they say:"there is five people in front of you and your waiting time is 5 minutes".
If you send an email they say to re-installed the app.
i need to talk to someone and if is possible know who i`m going to send my phantom.
The problem is that excitiment  is going way. I bought to use in my work and pleasure and for more than 1 month is in the corner of my office. As i`m seeing here, not just with me. And our trust in the company goes to the trash can.
Sorry, but after ten times trying to call then! I`m starting to think that it is a waist of time!!
2014-10-13
Use props
PhantomKnowledg
New

United States

bob@bcervelli.c Posted at 2014-9-26 07:17
I am having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Everything was working fine until I did the 3.0.6 upgrade. I los ...

Bob,
Have you tried powering down the iPhone and back on again?
Secondly, go into the iPhone settings, enter Celllular and switch Cellular Data off.  

I often had this problem but now it is much less frequent since I routinely turn off the Cellular Data when flying the Phantom.   Then if all else fails, I power down my iPhone, power it up again and I get the FPV feed on my phone.  
2014-10-13
Use props
bbushong
New

United States

Hello,
I just received my new Phantom 2 Vision+ today, and while everything else seems to be functioning, the camera's view (FPV) does not show up on my phone. I have tried multiple phones at different times, using different versions of iOS, but it doesn't help. All firmware is the most recent as far as I can tell:
Main Loader - 3.06
GPS - 6.0.1.4
Receiver-5.8G - 1.0.1.3
P330CB - 1.0.1.32
Battery - 2.0.0.0
Zen IMU - 1.0.0.4
Camera - 1.2.43
iOS - 8.02

I have tried numerous things such as lowering the preview quality, re-binding the wifi, and changing the SSID name, rebooting phone, trying iOS 7, trying iPad, iPhone, etc. Pictures and videos do work when saving to the SD card. I am able to control the angle of the camera as well. I just have no video. During one of the test runs, video came up for about 45 seconds, froze, and then never came back. I'm not sure what suddenly caused it to work.

Thank you,
Bill Bushong
2014-10-14
Use props
matthew
New

United Arab Emirates

bbushong@gyver. Posted at 2014-10-15 12:36
Hello,
I just received my new Phantom 2 Vision+ today, and while everything else seems to be functio ...

Hi,

I have the identical problem, which is well noted on this forum as well as many others. i believe that collectivly we have tried everything. i have contacted DJI like many others to find a solution which must be a bug in the software, as i also have a vision which is fine and no issues. So the problem is only for the "+"
2014-10-15
Use props
joels805
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81152 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem for over a month.  I finally took it in for service.  Their answer?  The internal wifi module is dead and the tiny little micro-usb board inside is also dead.  It will only cost me another 400 bucks to fix my 4 month old P2V+.  Since I could never talk to an actual human who knew the difference between a spoon and a fork I opened it up to see if there were any loose connections.  That voided my warranty but I guess it was either that or pay for shipping back and forth, then probably have DJI or a 'tech' (high school student with a screwdriver) argue with me about the warranty.  I am so fed up with DJI and their support.  I remember at a time when people were saying their products were so good they might be the next Apple.  Fat chance, I am already looking into my next brand of copter.  If anyone here has experience with other makes and models in the $1000 to $4000 range I would appreciate the input.  

My internal wifi module apparently was on it's way out for a while.  The service person said he did not even know of a way I could damage it myself short of hooking it up to a car battery.  Likewise for the usb board. It is a tiny board and the wiring was not frayed.  How could a usb board suddenly die?  

My recommendation if you are having the same problems, send it in.  Maybe if DJI starts getting defective products showing up at their door by the hundreds they will consider some modifications to their 'support' structure.  My only other recommendation is to go with another companies copters if you want actual suppport.
2014-10-18
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-23 20:59
I don't understand why you feel FPV MODE needs to be turned on.
It merely locks the camera in a for ...

Yeah posts have been acting strange I've noticed. Sometimes they change order like that..heck sometimes other comments dont show at all but they'll appear the next day.
Guess this is what they mean by beta.
2014-10-18
Use props
PhantomKnowledg
New

United States

Concerning the camera with no picture, I often have this problem but eventually I am always able to get a picture.  

First, when I want to use the Phantom, in my iPhone, in Settings under Cellular,  I turn off Cellular Data.  Try that to see if it solves the problem.  

Second, I sometimes will go into the Vision App Settings and click on Binding and them come out and check again.  You may want/need to rebind the Phantom to your phone.  You can find directions for how to rebind in your User Manual on page 31.

Third, In my phone’s settings, I try turning off the WI-FI and turn it back on.  Then I reconnect the WI-FI with the Phantom and see if that works.

Fourth, if the above does not work I power down my phone.   Yes, it is a pain, but it has worked for me every time -- accept once.  After powering the phone up again and reconnecting I almost always get a picture.  
2014-10-18
Use props
PhantomKnowledg
New

United States

bob@bcervelli.c Posted at 2014-9-26 07:17
I am having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Everything was working fine until I did the 3.0.6 upgrade. I los ...

Have you tried powering down your phone?
2014-10-18
Use props
marioalbu
lvl.1

Australia

For those interested:

According to the service centre, the problem is with the WiFi TX module inside the FC200 camera. Although the transmitter has 1 year warranty, the WiFi transmitter is considered part of the camera and has only 6 months warranty - so in my case is out of warranty.
The service centre quoted me $620 for replacing the camera. Given that Vision has not the best stability because of the lack of gimbal, replacing the camera for that amount of money (can buy a new Phantom 2 for that money!) is not an option for me.

1) is it possible to replace the WiFi TX module in the camera? E.g. I've seen the Vision+ has a separate module: http://www.ja-gps.com.au/DJI/pha ... lus-wifi-tx-module/ not inside the camera unit - can I use this? If not, is there a similar part for the Vision? Even 3rd party advices would be appreciated. It does not make sense to replace the entire mount + the entire (expensive) camera for the wifi module....

2) is there a way of "converting" vision to vision+ ? I can justify getting a camera replacement for vision+ and the wifi tx unit (plus whatever cables required) and mounting them on my vision because at least i would get an improvement in video recording quality...

3) for those with similar issues and lack of ideas, if both questions above have a "no" answer, my last solution is to drop the vision camera mount, get a zenmuse 3d gimbal, install a tx video transmitter on 2.4GHz and mount a LCD + video receiver on the controller. I have a gopro hero already, and the above setup will cost me similar to the replacement FC200 camera, but with much better video recording capabilities while still maintaining FPV capabilities. Note: I'm an electronics engineer and can solder when required

2014-10-30
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

after reading the thread from top to bottom, i noticed that all of you have iphone..
Have you tried an Android phone?

If that helps, that tells something about dji support and their greed.
2014-10-30
Use props
marioalbu
lvl.1

Australia

yes, tried Android and different versions of iOS (7,6)/different devices (phones/tables).
2014-11-2
Use props
verdekiwi
New

United Arab Emirates

marioalbu@yahoo Posted at 2014-10-31 12:42
For those interested:

According to the service centre, the problem is with the WiFi TX module insid ...

thank you Mario for your answer.

it's days I'm looking into forums to finds a solution (some of the thread are dated 2010 and still unsolved...).

I got my vision2 to the service and they ask me to replace the camera (which is perfectly working), while is pretty obvious that the problem is the wifi. I thought it was just a bad service (I'm living in the UAE and here we have pakistani guys with chinese screwdrivers).

from your post I understand there is no way to change the wifi without changing the whole camera, right?

I read many people suggesting to change cables. it is worth to try?

thanks

What is your suggestion? getting rid of it?
2014-11-13
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.2

China

marioalbu@yahoo Posted at 2014-10-8 15:32
Count me in with the same problem on an Phantom Vision.
I updated my phone to iOS8, and updated the  ...

Please kindly contact your nearest support center or authorized dealer for further assistance.
2014-11-13
Use props
marioalbu
lvl.1

Australia

verdekiwi@gmail Posted at 2014-11-14 01:10
thank you Mario for your answer.

it's days I'm looking into forums to finds a solution (some of  ...

I would suggest you, and anyone else, to be careful in dealing with DJI dealers.
Unfortunately, my story how has a not-so-happy-ending. I am sharing below the message sent to DJI Support:

---

I purchased almost 1 year ago (Dec 2013) a DJI Phantom Vision. Everything was good with it until a couple of months ago when, after an update, the camera live feed from the smartphone app stopped working. I was still able to use the camera with the app - I could take pictures, videos, connect to the camera and transfer photos and pictures, and control the camera vertically with the up/down buttons. I have reported the issues here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =303&page=1#pid3929

I took the advice given by a DJI poster and sent my Phantom to the Australian dealer - EE Hobbies. The contact information was given to me by the DJI poster, see the link above. I did not purchase the camera from them originally, but they are the only ones close to my area. They got my Phantom, and after a few days told me the WiFi transmitter in the camera was faulty, and quoted me $620 (AUD) to replace the entire camera. I did not proceed with the repair, since I believe the camera was working fine (can take pictures and videos). 1 month later, I have received my Phantom back (although shipping takes 2 working days). I was surprised to find that now the camera was not functional at all. Things such as taking pictures, videos, transferring them, tilting the camera was now impossible. I have thought to try and rebind the camera. Imagine my surprise when discovering that: 1) rebinding is not working; 2) detected camera is different (different camera SSID and different camera MAC address) than the camera I shipped my Phantom with.

I am writing now this to DJI support (Intl) with hopes of investigating this incident and clearing things up. I have took a screenshot with the auto-detected camera (Camera Bound), and the camera that the app tried to get bound using the QR scan code (New Camera). You can see in the screenshots posted previously in the forums that this camera (New camera) that fails to bind now was bounded before, and the "Camera Bound" now is a different one - which is not working at all. The screenshot is uploaded at http://imgur.com/6VLCTlJ

While I was happy with your product, I must say I am disgusted with the way things were handled once there was a support issue.
I am eagerly awaiting for your response.

---

Hopefully someone from DJI will read this and be able to clear things up.

2014-11-13
Use props
ian.l.james
New

New Zealand

I have exactly the same problem. It occurred immediately after DJI upgrade so Im sure its a software fault as others have had similar experience.   I live in NZ and bought the vision 2 + from Ali-Express as soon as it was released so it is probably now out of warranty.  Nearest DJI support is Australia which is expensive freight.  

Please hurray up DJI and at least let us know you've recognised the issue and are working on a fix.
2014-11-14
Use props
verdekiwi
New

United Arab Emirates

I flied again today, to check everything one again. camera is working, video recordig is working, base mode is working, dji not responding, service in uae... not suggestet.

I will proceed to disassamble it myself, warranty is gone anyway. many website are selling spare parts.
2014-11-15
Use props
federico.beghin
New

Italy

ian.l.james@gma Posted at 2014-11-15 08:00
I have exactly the same problem. It occurred immediately after DJI upgrade so Im sure its a software ...

The same for me... the same problem with S4, S4 mini ...I upgrade firmware in Vision 2, after several months of inactivity, to 3.0.8 and I lost streaming in camera view of App

I tried all the proposed solutions, but none seem to work...
2014-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules