392 4 2023-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EAVA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58648 ft
Estonia

Hi!

As flying the M210 in EU in some tricky situations requires a parachute and a FTS, some zenmuse payloads will go over the mtow limit. For example, flying with the parachute and XT2 attached the drone is already overweight by about 150g (6.3 kg total roughly). This I believe will be no big harm to the flight characteristics, but has anyone done any formal testing of the MTOW?
As the application to fly has to be approved by our local CAA and if they spot the payload being too heavy it might cause a problem for us. However, a thorough testing report might convince them.

Aircraft: M210 v2 RTK with TB55 batteries.
2023-12-8
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

MTOW for M210 is 6.14kg as defined by DJI. 6.3 kg is above constructor certification, no way your CAA 'll approve or accept.

Weight        M210 V2: Approx. 4.8 kg (with two TB55 batteries);
M210 RTK V2: Approx. 4.91 kg (with two TB55 batteries)
Max Takeoff Weight        6.14 kg
Max Payload        M210 V2: 1.34 kg; M210 RTK V2: 1.23 kg

See : https://www.dji.com/be/matrice-200-series-v2/info#specs
2023-12-9
Use props
EAVA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58648 ft
Estonia

Hi

I am well aware of the factory specs. My thinking is, when drones like Mavic series have their take off weight specified as a fixed value thats the "out of the box" weight. People are using parachute systems with these kinds of drones all around and no CAA bats an eye. Technically I would be violating the factory specs by about 2-3% while Mavics with their FTS systems are violating it by 20-50% and still going strong.

2023-12-9
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

EAVA Posted at 12-9 08:22
Hi

I am well aware of the factory specs. My thinking is, when drones like Mavic series have their take off weight specified as a fixed value thats the "out of the box" weight. People are using parachute systems with these kinds of drones all around and no CAA bats an eye. Technically I would be violating the factory specs by about 2-3% while Mavics with their FTS systems are violating it by 20-50% and still going strong.

AVSS removed their M3E offering due to the MTOW being surpassed, so Mavic user with PRS/FTS can't be flying legally if MTOW is surpassed.

Certified systems vs "I do whatever" are very different depending on your operations. Trying to get a PDRA/SORA with a M210 is going to be challenging.
2023-12-11
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know how it works in EU but here is USA it is very difficult to get authorization to fly an aircraft that is encumbered beyond manufacturer's specifications. Exceeding MTOW is pretty much a guaranteed denial.

Also beware of using percentages to make your case, especially when comparing aircraft that are so dramatically different in weight (1 kg vs 5 kg)
2023-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules