Mavic Air 2 - EU C class: which and when?
7174 92 2023-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rvidd
lvl.2
Sweden

It is very sad that the Mavic Air 2 is not approved. Such an advanced and useful drone deserves not to be shelved. It feels like a tremendous waste, especially since the classification could have been resolved if the will had existed.
4-8 08:08
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rvidd Posted at 4-8 08:08
It is very sad that the Mavic Air 2 is not approved. Such an advanced and useful drone deserves not to be shelved. It feels like a tremendous waste, especially since the classification could have been resolved if the will had existed.

Hi there. Sorry, you cannot apply for the Cx certification for the drone. However, you still can fly it in the A3 environment. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant team. We kindly request for your patience.
4-8 22:58
Use props
amenophis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397077 ft
Italy

patience?  what are you talking about?  do I have to be patient when we spent so much money on air2?  air2s was presented after a few months and now air2 should be thrown away?  the two drones are the same, what differences are we talking about?  none.  if they want they can very well give the branding to air2 too, but since they got rich with the release of air2, now they will continue to get rich due to the wild ride on air2s which, coincidentally, is still on sale.  disappointed, disappointed, disappointed and angry.  if I want to sell it, no one wants it anymore, except at a gift price.  dji ridiculous and not serious.  never again.
4-9 22:47
Use props
fansd8c9ca1c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

To improve DJI's tarnished image, it is worth certifying additional drones, including Air2
4-12 08:26
Use props
Rvidd
lvl.2
Sweden

4-24 05:16
Use props
jefniro
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI and EASA are driving many enthusiasts away. All it takes is one law to change and the drone becomes almost useless, how long will we have to wait before the laws will change again and DJI will not adapt with the models already sold (and classified as PRO) which are clearly in line with the technical characteristics of the other more current? Soon the amateur market volume will halve and this is why DJI is focusing heavily on drones for professional use. Unfortunately they have a dominant position in this market...
4-25 01:07
Use props
DosPalotes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35157 ft
  • >>>
Germany

amenophis Posted at 4-9 22:47
patience?  what are you talking about?  do I have to be patient when we spent so much money on air2?  air2s was presented after a few months and now air2 should be thrown away?  the two drones are the same, what differences are we talking about?  none.  if they want they can very well give the branding to air2 too, but since they got rich with the release of air2, now they will continue to get rich due to the wild ride on air2s which, coincidentally, is still on sale.  disappointed, disappointed, disappointed and angry.  if I want to sell it, no one wants it anymore, except at a gift price.  dji ridiculous and not serious.  never again.

Come on dude, i understand your disappointment but stop telling to have spent SO MUCH MONEY on a Air2. I bought an Air 2 on August 2020 and paid with Fly more less than 900 Euro.
It was known that all older drones would not be able to fly other class than Open A3 since End of 2020. When i bought my Air2s it was clear for me that i would not be able to fly close to people etc, at the end it came different because DJI decided to re-certify the Air2s which is great but when i bought it i was aware that its weight was more than 250 and the class to fly was A3. Whenever you bought your Air2 it was well known that you can only fly A3 with it.
Imagine how upset to be having an DJI Avata? A drone which is less than 500gr and it was possible to fly until 12/2023 in A1 because of its weight and now you have to go fu** off to fly somewhere outside in the woods. Even more, 18 month after its release, because the Avata has been released August 2022, the Avata 2 comes out and IS C1 certified but not a single word regarding a re-certification of the Avata 1.
4-27 05:16
Use props
Rvidd
lvl.2
Sweden

Is it really so difficult to certify the Air 2? It feels like it should be fairly easy to solve. After all, it’s essentially the same drone as the Air 2s.
4-28 06:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rvidd Posted at 4-28 06:36
Is it really so difficult to certify the Air 2? It feels like it should be fairly easy to solve. After all, it’s essentially the same drone as the Air 2s.

Hi there. The drone has been discontinued and is not eligible for Cx certification. Nonetheless, it is perfectly safe to operate within the A3 environment. Thank you for understanding.
4-28 19:53
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

Rvidd Posted at 4-28 06:36

Just marketing things
4-29 05:52
Use props
Rvidd
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 4-28 19:53
Hi there. The drone has been discontinued and is not eligible for Cx certification. Nonetheless, it is perfectly safe to operate within the A3 environment. Thank you for understanding.

This makes me sad though.
4-29 12:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rvidd Posted at 4-29 12:02
This makes me sad though.

I understand. Your feedback will be referred to our designated team. We appreciate your understanding and patience. Have a great day ahead.
5-1 02:02
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

All it takes is a bit of good will on DJI's part and Air 2 can get C1. Its safety parameters are almost identical to Air 2s or easy to improve. They don't do certification just for marketing reasons. This is typical of DJI, they don't care about the company's image. After purchasing a drone, their customers no longer care about them. You bought it, it's your problem.
5-3 04:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules