How to unbind the basic remote that came with my mini3pro
731 17 2023-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drzinger
lvl.1

Canada

So I've upgraded to the smart remote controller with my mini 3 pro. It originally came with the basic remote that you use with your cellphone. My friend would like to use that one now as his has become defective.
Under my device management it lists the drone and the remote with the same serial number. And I can only unbind both. Under "value added service" only the new remote is listed.

I've tried unbinding everything and only rebinding the drone and new remote but then it still lists the old remote with the drone.

Is the original remote permanently bound to the drone because they came together? Or will my friend still be able to use it with his drone?
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To unbind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft need to be connected. Then please refer to the below path to unbind the remote controller. The path is Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Unbind RC. After successfully unbinding the controller, you can now bind this to a different account to use this controller. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-12-11
Use props
alexmini3
New

United Kingdom

I'd quite like to upgrade to the remote with built-in screen. Any suggestions on how to get one without spending too much?
2023-12-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

''Any suggestions on how to get one without spending too much?'' nick one lol.
Just kidding of course.
Ebay or a car boot sale but, if trying a car boot sale, bring a working drone, your controller and phone with you, so that you can test the 'new' contoller. You needn't fly the drone but I would at least start its motors, with a CSC, and look for any warning messages etc..
2023-12-12
Use props
Drzinger
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-11 21:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To unbind the remote controller, the network needs to be connected, and the remote controller and aircraft need to be connected. Then please refer to the below path to unbind the remote controller. The path is Profile>Device Management>Value-added service>Unbind RC. After successfully unbinding the controller, you can now bind this to a different account to use this controller. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.

Well, as I said. That remote is not under that section. It's only listed with the drone. Unbinding the drone unbinds both and pairing the drone pairs the old remote automatically. Even if it's not turned on.
2023-12-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drzinger Posted at 12-12 08:19
and pairing the drone pairs the old remote automatically. Even if it's not turned on.

Sorry can you clarify that, if you switch the drone on then switch the old controller on, does the old controller pair with the drone?
If so, have you actually performed the linking process to pair/link the new controller to the drone?
To be honest I would have thought pairing the new controller to the drone would break the drone's pairing to the old controller permanently.
2023-12-12
Use props
Drzinger
lvl.1

Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-12 10:21
Sorry can you clarify that, if you switch the drone on then switch the old controller on, does the old controller pair with the drone?
If so, have you actually performed the linking process to pair/link the new controller to the drone?
To be honest I would have thought pairing the new controller to the drone would break the drone's pairing to the old controller permanently.

So currently I have the drone, the old remote that uses my cellphone that came with the drone originally. And also the smart controller.
Then let's say I have unbound everything from my account.

If I turn on the drone and I turn on the smart controller. And then bind those to my account. The old original controller gets listed right below the drone both with the same serial number.
Even though I haven't turned on or touched the old remote.

Which makes me wonder if they're just permanently paired together because they came together originally?

So the only option I have to unbind it is to unbind it with the drone.
And the only thing that shows up under the value added services is the new smart controller, not the old one
2023-12-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drzinger Posted at 12-12 10:31
So currently I have the drone, the old remote that uses my cellphone that came with the drone originally. And also the smart controller.

Sorry but to my understanding that does not address my question, which was

If you switch the drone on then switch the old controller on, does the old controller pair with the drone?

A yes/no answer would do.
2023-12-12
Use props
Drzinger
lvl.1

Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-12 11:09
Sorry but to my understanding that does not address my question, which was

If you switch the drone on then switch the old controller on, does the old controller pair with the drone?

Yes it does
2023-12-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drzinger Posted at 12-12 10:31

However, I assume the fact that you can see binding information via the smart controller means that the smart controller is paired with the drone.
2023-12-12
Use props
Drzinger
lvl.1

Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-12 11:13
However, I assume the fact that you can see binding information via the smart controller means that the smart controller is paired with the drone.

Yes it is.
Like under the menu where you would click to unbind the drone right below that it shows the drone with a serial number and then right below that it says flight controller and then it has the same serial number as the drone. That's the part I can't remove.
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Drzinger Posted at 12-12 08:19
Well, as I said. That remote is not under that section. It's only listed with the drone. Unbinding the drone unbinds both and pairing the drone pairs the old remote automatically. Even if it's not turned on.

Thank you for your response. Please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we check it further and provide you with an accurate resolution. We will wait for your response.
2023-12-14
Use props
Drzinger
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-14 22:57
Thank you for your response. Please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we check it further and provide you with an accurate resolution. We will wait for your response.

I won't be able to get a video for a bit but here is a screenshot. The arrows pointing to the remote part that I can remove.

2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uum the flight controller may well be something different from the joystick controller.
In the logs the "flight controller" appears to be a component inside the drone and I think quite often the serial numbers of the flight controller and the drone are identical. Have a look in the value added-service tab, what do you see there?

https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper

2023-12-15
Use props
Drzinger
lvl.1

Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 13:00
Uum the flight controller may well be something different from the joystick controller.
In the logs the "flight controller" appears to be a component inside the drone and I think quite often the serial numbers of the flight controller and the drone are identical. Have a look in the value added-service tab, what do you see there?

No value added service is blank.
2023-12-15
Use props
Exiled FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Drzinger Posted at 12-15 08:09
I won't be able to get a video for a bit but here is a screenshot. The arrows pointing to the remote part that I can remove.

[view_image]

Sean-bumble-bee is correct. The flight controller is a component inside the drone.

2023-12-15
Use props
Drzinger
lvl.1

Canada

Exiled FPV Posted at 12-15 14:44
Sean-bumble-bee is correct. The flight controller is a component inside the drone. [view_image]

Ah alright I didn't know that. Thanks for the help
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Drzinger Posted at 12-15 08:09

[view_image]

Thank you for the information provided. Please note that there is no option to unbind the controller from the account, only for unbinding the drone. If you already bound your drone to your DJI RC or DJI RC Pro, you can now use this setup. In addition, your friend can change the bound controller on his account by removing the old controller and linking the new controller that you gave to him/her.
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules