Phone unable to connect to drone via RC
348 5 2023-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andreastnt
lvl.1
Denmark

My android phone and iPhone are unable to connect to the mini 3 pro. Upon plugging in the phone via the provided USB to the DJI RC,the RC looses connection to the drone and reports the error from System UI "Remote controller already connected to computer..." The rest of the notification cannot be read. Furthermore the RC reports USB debugging connected. I am unable to turn this off as I cannot enter developer mode in order to do this.

Has anyone encounter similar problems before and if so, how have you solved them?
My goal is to use a third party app to create missions and upload them to the drone from the phone as I am unable to do this from the RC.  

Ps. Seems like the DJI RC is sold in a android kiosk mode, which is illegal in the EU. This disables end users to access developer mode and install third party apps.

2023-12-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is the DJI RC intended to be able to connect to a phone?
If so where did you see that written?
From what I have read I get the impression that the DJI RC is already pushing the boundaries of what it is capable of doing. If that is correct adding to the work-load, by installing third party apps, might not be a good idea.

2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC does not have onboard memory also there is no open source for a third-party app to be installed. We also don't have the option to download third-party via a mobile device connected to the DJI RC. Hope this helps. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-11
Use props
andreastnt
lvl.1
Denmark

Thank you all. I assumed wrongly that the RC could provide this capability. I was just expecting the more expensive controller to have more capabilities. My fault.

Is it possible to purchase the RC-N1 seperatly and will this controller function for running third party apps?
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

andreastnt Posted at 12-11 20:34
Thank you all. I assumed wrongly that the RC could provide this capability. I was just expecting the more expensive controller to have more capabilities. My fault.

Is it possible to purchase the RC-N1 seperatly and will this controller function for running third party apps?

You're welcome, andreastnt. Regretfully, the DJI RC-N1 is currently not available in your region via our store website. You may check your local dealer or use the link below to check the availability. Just a friendly reminder, we do not recommend using any 3rd party application as we cannot guarantee the stability of the app on our drone. Also, if your unit experiences problems using any 3rd party software/apps, this might void your original warranty. We appreciate your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/dk/where-to-buy/retail-stores
2023-12-12
Use props
andreastnt
lvl.1
Denmark

Acknowledged Palidin. Thank you for your answers. I have one other issue. I was unable to connect to the quick connect with my android phone. I tested with an iPhone where it worked without issues. I did the exact steps as provided in the guide. The error message I get is that the drone is already connected to a other device (no other devices are online) whilst the iPhone tested later worked on the first try. Do you have any knowledge of this or tips to solve it?

Latest firmware downloaded, latest provided APK, latest update on my Samsung galaxy s22 ultra.
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules