P4Pv2 not broadcasting RID
936 27 2023-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

I updated my Phantom 4 Pro V2 to the new firmware with Remote ID. When the drone has a GPS signal, a remote ID serial number shows up in the "About" menu. There is a notification that says that remote ID is working normally. HOWEVER, when I fly, I cannot detect the drone with a remote ID scanner using both Bluetooth and WiFi.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you please double-check if it will display on the WLAN setting of your phone? Method: use the DJI remote controller to control the drone to start the motors, then use the WLAN of your cell phone or tablet to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone at a location close to the drone Note
As shown in the picture below, if you can see a string always prefixed with “RID-” followed by a 20-digit alphanumeric Remote ID serial number in the "Available networks", it means that the Remote ID is broadcast properly.
Please let me know if the RID is not broadcasting indeed, thank you.
2023-12-12
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-12 00:35
Hi there, could you please double-check if it will display on the WLAN setting of your phone? Method: use the DJI remote controller to control the drone to start the motors, then use the WLAN of your cell phone or tablet to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone at a location close to the drone Note
As shown in the picture below, if you can see a string always prefixed with “RID-” followed by a 20-digit alphanumeric Remote ID serial number in the "Available networks", it means that the Remote ID is broadcast properly.
Please let me know if the RID is not broadcasting indeed, thank you.

Susan,
Thanks for the reply. It does not show up in the list of wifi or WLAN networks on my phone.
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DarrenLabella Posted at 12-12 10:31
Susan,
Thanks for the reply. It does not show up in the list of wifi or WLAN networks on my phone.

Thank you for your reply. Please try to refresh the firmware for the aircraft and check again. If the issue persists, you may provide a screen recording of your case to me for further checking, please include the firmware list in the video. Thank you.
2023-12-12
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-12 22:50
Thank you for your reply. Please try to refresh the firmware for the aircraft and check again. If the issue persists, you may provide a screen recording of your case to me for further checking, please include the firmware list in the video. Thank you.

Susan, Here's a screenshot of the firmware info. Let me know if you need anything else.
2023-12-28
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

I refreshed the firmware on both my aircraft and controller using DJI Assistant 2, and I'm still having the problem.
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DarrenLabella Posted at 2023-12-28 18:35
Susan, Here's a screenshot of the firmware info. Let me know if you need anything else.[view_image]

I am deeply sorry for the delay, I am checking this issue with the corresponding team. I will keep you updated.
At the same time, if it is convenient, kindly help to provide a video for the app prompting the RID is working but the phone will not detect the RID information. Thank you very much.
1-2 06:08
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-2 06:08
I am deeply sorry for the delay, I am checking this issue with the corresponding team. I will keep you updated.
At the same time, if it is convenient, kindly help to provide a video for the app prompting the RID is working but the phone will not detect the RID information. Thank you very much.

Susan,
Here is a video of the problem in action:
https://youtu.be/1l5L2i0TZmU
I hope that helps,
Darren
1-4 11:01
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DarrenLabella Posted at 1-4 11:01
Susan,
Here is a video of the problem in action:
https://youtu.be/1l5L2i0TZmU

Thank you very much.
There are two more suggestions, please check whether the mobile device location permission is turned on, it needs to be turned on, and check whether the App location permission is allowed for the DJI GO 4 app, permission is required.
If the issue is the same, please help to export the app log and aircraft log, and tell me the time the issue happened, we will check it further.
Method to export the app log: check the guide here.
Method to export the aircraft log: please refer to "Exporting Flight Logs" in this guide.
You can upload the files to Dropbox or GoogleDrive and send me the link. Thank you very much.
1-4 19:38
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-4 19:38
Thank you very much.
There are two more suggestions, please check whether the mobile device location permission is turned on, it needs to be turned on, and check whether the App location permission is allowed for the DJI GO 4 app, permission is required.
If the issue is the same, please help to export the app log and aircraft log, and tell me the time the issue happened, we will check it further.

Here is a link to the log files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pI8hhKn4dT8h5Klp4o4iwA-dk3gra2T-?usp=sharing
1-17 13:28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DarrenLabella Posted at 1-17 13:28
Here is a link to the log files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pI8hhKn4dT8h5Klp4o4iwA-dk3gra2T-?usp=sharing

Thank you very much, I just sent a request to access the link and wait for your approval.
1-18 03:56
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-18 03:56
Thank you very much, I just sent a request to access the link and wait for your approval.

I approved it
1-18 05:53
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Darren, sorry to bother you again, but the flight log you provided only has 1kb, which means it is not the correct flight log that had the RID issue presented. Therefore, the engineers were not able to analyze the exact issue.
Could you please provide the flight log of the issued flight exported by DJI Assistant 2 again?

Once again, kindly ensure that the location information and authorization for the DJI GO 4 app, and fly in areas with a decent GPS signal for using this feature. Thank you very much.
1-24 04:34
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-24 04:34
Hi Darren, sorry to bother you again, but the flight log you provided only has 1kb, which means it is not the correct flight log that had the RID issue presented. Therefore, the engineers were not able to analyze the exact issue.
Could you please provide the flight log of the issued flight exported by DJI Assistant 2 again?

Sorry, I misread the log instructions. I have now added the aircraft logs to the same Google Drive folder linked above.
1-24 08:14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DarrenLabella Posted at 1-24 08:14
Sorry, I misread the log instructions. I have now added the aircraft logs to the same Google Drive folder linked above.

Thank you very much, I am downloading the files and will forward them to the engineers. I will keep you updated then.
1-26 06:49
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-26 06:49
Thank you very much, I am downloading the files and will forward them to the engineers. I will keep you updated then.

Any updates on this?
2-15 08:39
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am deeply sorry for the delay. We are still confirming this. I will urge the engineers for the update. Apologize again for the wait, and thank you for your patience.
2-16 02:07
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Darren, sorry for the long wait. I just got a reply from the engineers. They checked the data comprehensively, however, the dat files provided are simplified flight controller data files, and as per the the files, there is no issue found, which means we can not verify the issue further.

Could you please connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2, and exact guide on 9# to export the issued flight log from the aircraft?

The correct flight controller log file is similar to this one 2024-01-03 13_14_22-11VKH9N0020039.dat on the file you provided previously, however, this exact file is small and is not a correct one.
If the flight log file you are going to provide is from a new flight, kindly help to export the corresponding flight record from the mobile device as well.

Apologize again for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your cooperation.
2-23 03:13
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>
United States

FWIW - Regarding how to confirm whether the RID is going out: Dronetag has an app (iOS and Android) that does just this. It's called Drone Scanner. I'm in the US, but I'm guessing that since it's based in Czechoslovakia and their products support both US and EU RID that it's available beyond the US. It correctly identified my P4P v2 (WiFi) and the dronetag on my P2 (blutooth)  concurrently.
2-24 08:27
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

WInged Eye Posted at 2-24 08:27
FWIW - Regarding how to confirm whether the RID is going out: Dronetag has an app (iOS and Android) that does just this. It's called Drone Scanner. I'm in the US, but I'm guessing that since it's based in Czechoslovakia and their products support both US and EU RID that it's available beyond the US. It correctly identified my P4P v2 (WiFi) and the dronetag on my P2 (blutooth)  concurrently.

Thanks. That's the same app I'm using.
2-26 09:00
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-23 03:13
Hi Darren, sorry for the long wait. I just got a reply from the engineers. They checked the data comprehensively, however, the dat files provided are simplified flight controller data files, and as per the the files, there is no issue found, which means we can not verify the issue further.

Could you please connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2, and exact guide on 9# to export the issued flight log from the aircraft?

DJI Susan,
Sorry I keep exporting the wrong files. I hope this one is correct. I added a file named "EXPORT_FILE_2024-02-26_11-46-14" to the same google drive. It's 660MB so hopefully it's correct.

Thanks for continuing to work with me on this!
2-26 09:02
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DarrenLabella Posted at 2-26 09:02
DJI Susan,
Sorry I keep exporting the wrong files. I hope this one is correct. I added a file named "EXPORT_FILE_2024-02-26_11-46-14" to the same google drive. It's 660MB so hopefully it's correct.

Hi DarrenLabella, sorry for the late reponse. Thank you for your update. We have forwarded to our engineers to further check again. Once we get any results, we will keep you update soon.
2-29 00:18
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2-29 00:18
Hi DarrenLabella, sorry for the late reponse. Thank you for your update. We have forwarded to our engineers to further check again. Once we get any results, we will keep you update soon.

DJI Thor, @DJI Susan,
With Remote ID enforcement beginning this week, do you have any updates on this?
Thanks
3-14 11:16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DarrenLabella Posted at 3-14 11:16
DJI Thor, @DJI Susan,
With Remote ID enforcement beginning this week, do you have any updates on this?
Thanks

Hello DarrenLabella, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Upon confirming with our engineer team, we require more information to proceed with the inspection. We understand that the issue has persisted for some time now, and we are eager to help resolve it as soon as possible. To assist you better, kindly follow the steps below and confirm so that we can provide our support. Thank you.

1. Please check whether the mobile device location permission is turned on, it needs to be turned on.
2. Please check whether the App location permission is allowed, the permission is required.
3. Please make sure to test in an open outdoor area with strong GPS signal, please avoid testing indoors or in a closed space. A weak GPS signal will cause the RID to be unable to broadcast normally.

***If the above troubleshooting cannot solve the problem, please provide us the 1. App logs, 2. Aircraft logs, 3.Test time for analysis. Thanks.***
Method to export the app log: check the guide here.
Method to export the aircraft log: please refer to "Exporting Flight Logs" in this guide.

3-16 01:23
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-16 01:23
Hello DarrenLabella, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Upon confirming with our engineer team, we require more information to proceed with the inspection. We understand that the issue has persisted for some time now, and we are eager to help resolve it as soon as possible. To assist you better, kindly follow the steps below and confirm so that we can provide our support. Thank you.

1. Please check whether the mobile device location permission is turned on, it needs to be turned on.

Thor,
I verified that the permissions were on and flew another test flight.
Video of the flight is here:

All of the logs are here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... fpIi?usp=drive_link
Please let me know if you need anything else,
Darren
3-18 15:04
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-16 01:23

1. Please check whether the mobile device location permission is turned on, it needs to be turned on.

Thor, were you able to download the new logs?
3-25 06:54
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DarrenLabella Posted at 3-25 06:54

Hi there, sorry for the late response. We could visit the link and they has been reported to our engineer team before. I will help you to further chase the progress.
3-26 19:58
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DarrenLabella Posted at 3-25 06:54

Hi DarrenLabella, here is an update from our engineers. They found the file was still not imported correctly. The exported file you provided indicates that the flight control did not take off, and the streamlined version has limited flight control information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the issue. Since we have already communicated back and forth multiple times, we recommend that you send the device to our service center for further assistance in resolving the problem efficiently.

You could visit the following link, https://repair.dji.com/, and create a case to send back for further processing. If you need assistance while submitting, you could also contact with our support service http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks.
4-2 23:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules