Camera angle
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft
United States

In the P3P user manual...on page 32 it states that the camera gimble can tilt the camera 120*...90* straight down and 30* up.  But I have only seen the camera tilt 90*...haven't been able to get it to go up 30*.  Just curious as to whether this is actually possible...or is it just horizontal to 90* down...?  I would imagine that the props would be in quite a bit of the exposure if the camera was tilted up...especially if moving forward.

2015-9-7
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

Yes, it is possible. It has to be enabled in the remote settings for your gimbal. Used to be just 15 degrees, but it's now 30 degrees vertical tilt. Not sure if this just happened with the latest upgrade, as it's the first time I've noticed the increase. Thanks DJI!
2015-9-7
Use props
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft
United States

Cool.....I'll have to check that out.  I just updated today.  Thanks a bunch...!
2015-9-7
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It's of little use, but works fine.  You'll see the props, and even the arms at times.
2015-9-7
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just for reference, you enable it here

30-Advanced-Gimbal-Settings.jpg
2015-9-7
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

This setting is not save in the new version of the app
2015-9-8
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-7 23:55
It's of little use, but works fine.  You'll see the props, and even the arms at times.

I wouldn't say its of little use. My thoughts are that you could have it pointed up while landing to protect the lens from anything getting blown up from the ground while landing.
2015-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules