Winds
1157 10 2023-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

What are the worst winds the Avata can handle?
I find myself being 'guided' by the winds the higher I go.
Does the Air 3 fly like the Avata in every way? If so, maybe that would be the next step up against high winds.

Nevertheless.. I just love the cinematography of the FPV type drone.

Meanwhile please enjoy a short 6 min flight over some nice scenery and great music.
2023-12-12
Use props
Exiled FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

According to DJI's specs of the Avata, the max wind speed resistance is 10.7 m/s (Level 5)....whereas the DJI Air 3 is 12 m/s (Level 6).

While I've never had any flight issues with the Avata due to wind, because it is a ducted cinewhoop with a single axis gimbal camera, it tends to lean in higher altitudes with some wind. With my DJI FPV, I don't experience this. My DJI Mini 2 can handle the wind but the difference between that and the Avata is that the Mini 2 has the three axis gimbal camera so the camera view is always stable....but line of sight, if there's a good bit of wind, you can clearly see how the wind affects the flight of the Mini 2.
2023-12-13
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

Exiled FPV Posted at 12-13 01:13
According to DJI's specs of the Avata, the max wind speed resistance is 10.7 m/s (Level 5)....whereas the DJI Air 3 is 12 m/s (Level 6).

While I've never had any flight issues with the Avata due to wind, because it is a ducted cinewhoop with a single axis gimbal camera, it tends to lean in higher altitudes with some wind. With my DJI FPV, I don't experience this. My DJI Mini 2 can handle the wind but the difference between that and the Avata is that the Mini 2 has the three axis gimbal camera so the camera view is always stable....but line of sight, if there's a good bit of wind, you can clearly see how the wind affects the flight of the Mini 2.

Ive had High Wind Velocity warnings. Moment that pops up is when I swoop down in an attempt to pretend that was part of the cinematography hahaha. But yeah, mostly above 100m. My issue isn't the camera view but just concerned the wind may flip the thing over and for whatever reason fail to recover..
2023-12-13
Use props
Exiled FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

D35Archangel Posted at 12-13 01:15
Ive had High Wind Velocity warnings. Moment that pops up is when I swoop down in an attempt to pretend that was part of the cinematography hahaha. But yeah, mostly above 100m. My issue isn't the camera view but just concerned the wind may flip the thing over and for whatever reason fail to recover..

I agree....I think it's a very valid concern. I tend to reserve my Avata for flights below 50m.

2023-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely scenery.    Nice choice in background music.
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your awesome work with us. Regarding your query, the DJI Avata has a maximum wind speed resistance of 10.7 m/s (Level 5). I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-12-14
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-13 04:14
Lovely scenery.    Nice choice in background music.

Cheers.
Music choice not for everyone though but I like it and am hopefully helping a friend get more exposure.
2023-12-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

D35Archangel Posted at 12-14 17:22
Cheers.
Music choice not for everyone though but I like it and am hopefully helping a friend get more exposure.

You're very welcome.  Hope you have a great day and upcoming weekend.  
2023-12-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video.  I didn't see any wind issues in your video; the Avata can take a good wind but it will lean heavily for sure.

Music is ok too; but the scenery is hard to immerse into with the logo obstructing the entire time.  It's an FPV video so I would lead with the low (faster) flights thru the neighborhoods first and then pop up for a peek over the horizons before bringing it home.  
2023-12-15
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Brunei

The Saint Posted at 12-15 11:44
Nice video.  I didn't see any wind issues in your video; the Avata can take a good wind but it will lean heavily for sure.

Music is ok too; but the scenery is hard to immerse into with the logo obstructing the entire time.  It's an FPV video so I would lead with the low (faster) flights thru the neighborhoods first and then pop up for a peek over the horizons before bringing it home.

Thanks. Sorry. I put the picture there to promote a buddy's music since he was allowing me to use it for my eye candy.
As for the neighbourhood run, its 615-630AM so I try to avoid buzzing people too early. For evenings that would be ideal. Im still trying to get the capture rates right hence my other post. I dont think people seem to see the flicker across the 25p video since there are no comments. Or maybe its my old monitors running at 60hz while everyone else has 100hz
2023-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
1-21 05:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now