Q: Pano photography using Waypoints for best image quality.
235 2 2023-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wayne_eddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2940 ft
Australia

Hi all,
I've had the DJI M2Pro since launch and despite being an experienced amature/pro photog, I honestly haven't used it fully to the potential I had planned. I'm taking some great shots, but not at the level I know I can expand to.
One thing I love to do is take abstract and realistic aerial images from pretty much -90 degrees (gimbal straight down). In my country, I can only fly max alt 120m or 300 feet without breaching air space regs.
Rather than get to >120m alt for the shot I want, my plan is to shoot an array of images at lower Alts and stitch them together in PP. Ideally, I will want to program Waypoints using the DJI Go4 app, get the drone to fly to WP1, take a photo, fly to WP2, take a photo WP3 (yada yada yada) and fly home. I'm likely to want to take 8 to 12 images in this way in a grid pattern.
So my questions are:
Can I program the M2Pro to stop at waypoints and take a still image in Tripod Mode for improved image quality? I don't see that in the app options. I really don't want to be flying point to point in Tripod mode as the journey will be painfully slow and consum batt. The WP programming only has an option for "take photo", which isn't ideal for highest quality imagery.
I, and others will value your inputs on this.

2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We're sorry that the Tripod mode isn't supported as camera action, however, you may consider adjusting the cruising speed. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

How would you know where to program your waypoints to ensure a good overlap for stitching?
If you are only planning to shoot 8-12 images, you should be able to do this manually anyway.
If you are planning to shoot a wide area, you'd need a ;ot more images and you should try using DroneDeploy to plan the mission, fly the grad and acquire the images for you.
2023-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules