Problem registering serial number with myCASA in Australia
318 3 2023-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hzz
New
Australia

Hi guys & gals, I got a brand new Mini 2 SE fly more bundle about a month ago (Nov 2023). The drone activated fine with DJI, but now I'm having problems registering the serial number with CASA (in Australia) in the myCASA portal so I can use it for work.

CASA expects the serial number to be 14 characters long & start with 6C.
Mine is 20 characters long & starts with 1581F6C***********SW

I read in this post that people registering with the FAA in the US now need to have Remote ID serial numbers that are 20 long.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=282581&pid=2946404

If I understood that post correctly "2. Enter RID Serial Number according to this format: RID SN =1581F + 14 digits aircraft SN + 0,20 digits in total"
then am I correct in thinking I can work backwards from my 20 digit serial number, take off the first 5 (1581F) & last 1 (W) characters to leave me with my 14 character aircraft serial number? They are talking about an Air2S, but it sounds like a similar (but reversed) problem.

Except that number is not being accepted by CASA - it's happy with the 14 digit long format starting with 6C & the website processes it for a few seconds, but then comes back with an error "Please check your drone's serial number and try again". I've tried logging out of myCASA & back in to see if that might help, but no difference.

The box label, QR sticker inside the drone battery compartment & the DJI fly app all have the same 20 digit serial number. I've scanned the QR label with my phone camera & copied & pasted that serial number, so I know there are no mistyped O's as 0's or anything like that.

Any other thoughts? I've emailed CASA, so when they respond maybe I can send a real human a photo of the serial number, because the web form is not giving me any other options.

In the DJI app there is also a flight controller SN which is 14 long & starts with "6C" but it's different to the sticker in the drone, so that one can't be right.
2023-12-13
Use props
JeremyB31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1214869 ft
United States

I would see if it accepts the Flight Controller SN
2023-12-13
Use props
Hzz
New
Australia

JeremyB31 Posted at 12-13 14:03
I would see if it accepts the Flight Controller SN

Thanks for the encouragement, I've put that S/N in & the website accepted it.
I guess I was a bit hesitant to try because that's not the number on the drone - although I haven't peeled back the QR sticker to see if there's another number under it.
On the back of the controller it's a bit hard to read the grey on grey printing, but the only thing that could be a serial number (14 long, starts with 6N) is different again to anything in the app.

Ok that's interesting - I just went into the DJI fly & under my profile, I tap "More" to get to the Flight Data Center (time & distance flown etc). When I choose the drop-down on aircraft to select a specific one, it shows that second "flight controller" serial number which CASA has accepted...
Well, I have no idea, but it looks like that worked.
2023-12-13
Use props
scoop45
lvl.1

Australia

thank you for posting this. Ive today tried to register at CASA my mini 2 se.  The solution of using the flight controller SN as found in this thread worked for my registration
3-14 18:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules