Launch the YouTube live broadcast from a mobile device?
559 10 2023-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IMDave
lvl.1

Spain

Please can someone confirm for me if it is possible to launch the YouTube live broadcast from a mobile device? Currently it is only effective from a computer but from the YouTube Studio apk, once everything is configured, the go live button does not appear. Could DJI contact YouTube to solve this for our out-of-home live shows where we don't have a computer and manage everything via smartphone? So far my attempts have been unsuccessful. Neither via the Yotube Studio app nor via the YouTube Studio web, deleting the app.
Any well-detailed and documented clarification will be welcome.
PS: Please understand me, I am referring to the last action of broadcasting the live once everything is correctly configured in DJI Mimo and in the Osmo action 4, the button to broadcast live is missing, it does not appear anywhere on via smartphone but it does in the url. /web on my computer.

Thank you.
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. Regarding the problem with the live streaming through the DJI Mimo app, may we ask for a short video of the operation?
2023-12-14
Use props
IMDave
lvl.1

Spain

What is the correct method in the youtube page confg for live Stream with Dji OsmoAction 4, Webcam or Software.?

Let me explain something, step one, first I make my livestream from apk Mimo and launch this emision, but after that I can see in the youtube page that this emision is cataloged how software of emision, and that is not correct, software emision is like OBS Studio or others similars. So, think need one developers serious contact with YouTube team directly (forgeting f*c**g forums) and solve this isue of preparing livestream from smartphones or apks. From computer is all correct throught the click button emiting, but this, emiting button!!, not software of emiting that apk do.
Sorry for my attitude but Is not a minor camera, is 500$ camera and I bought this for/to can emiting live enter others.
2023-12-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Agree with the OP for suggesting making the livestreaming available straight from the phone without a PC. Would make it way more versatile if we had the option to carry less stuff with us when needed. Having a computer along when on the move is not always a viable option.
2023-12-14
Use props
IMDave
lvl.1

Spain

There is my demostration video try to...
https://youtu.be/KbJHLVjycaI?feature=shared
2023-12-14
Use props
IMDave
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 05:23
Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. Regarding the problem with the live streaming through the DJI Mimo app, may we ask for a short video of the operation?

2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

IMDave Posted at 12-14 10:39
https://youtu.be/KbJHLVjycaI?feature=shared

Hi, there. Thank you for responding. It seems that the video isn't available. Please see the screenshot below.

2023-12-18
Use props
IMDave
lvl.1

Spain

I delete It. Dji have this isue with YouTube from years and no one solve It. So..... F
2023-12-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I managed to make it run on two phones only (or alternatively with one phone and one wifi router), completely eliminating the PC from the process. What I needed to do was to use YouTube Desktop view on my phone along with the Mimo app, then use further instructions from username buhrmi to start the stream.

Here's how to do it:
1)  Setup the livestream through the Mimo app as usual until the app says the livestream has been started.
2) Swith to an Internet browser on your phone, go to YouTube, switch to desktop version view and head to YouTube Studio Livestream section.
3) From the list of livestream names, select the livestream which has the same name as your setup on the Mimo app.
4) It will state there is an error and offers a link to fix it, click on that.
5) This should enable the "Start livestream" button on the YouTube desktop view, click on that to start the stream online.

I do think you will need two mobile devices or one phone and one router though, haven't found a way to do it on one phone only.

See more at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=290285 and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =302776&pid=3194111

Hope this helps!
2023-12-20
Use props
IMDave
lvl.1

Spain

HGDC84 Posted at 12-20 03:52
I managed to make it run on two phones only (or alternatively with one phone and one wifi router), completely eliminating the PC from the process. What I needed to do was to use YouTube Desktop view on my phone along with the Mimo app, then use further instructions from username buhrmi to start the stream.

Here's how to do it:

Thank you.
I still think that the DJI software developers should contact the YouTube developers and get to work to fix the blue button that says go live, but I guess they don't want to do that. I paid €537 for my adventure camera pack, I am not asking for anything free or favors and I do not have to dwell on an issue that is a mismatch between two powerful companies, especially one.
2023-12-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

IMDave Posted at 12-22 08:21
Thank you.
I still think that the DJI software developers should contact the YouTube developers and get to work to fix the blue button that says go live, but I guess they don't want to do that. I paid €537 for my adventure camera pack, I am not asking for anything free or favors and I do not have to dwell on an issue that is a mismatch between two powerful companies, especially one.

I do see your point there, it would be way less of a hassle. It is reasonable to expect things to work in a more simple way after paying a reasonably big amount of money.
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules