Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sync Approved Unlocks with Controller
336 7 2023-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_m9Ud8fCpLjX9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8402 ft

United States

Greets, I am inquiring how to sync approved unlocks . I have reason to believe that I need an active wifi connection while flying the drone. What if I am out in a park or campground where there is no wifi? Can I sync the approved unlock before going out so I don't have to do the pin code preocess? I've been testing the drone out back but it gives me a hard time because it thinks it is in a blue zone but that's two blocks north of me and I start the process to launch and it wants me to go through the process to unlock again but then it says it cannot connect. How do I get around this problem? Any pointers would be great and thanks in advance. -Cindy
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience. I suggest unlocking the area in advance where you have a stable internet connection. You may request via this link. After the license is uploaded to the "Aircraft Unlocking Licenses" section, you may simply toggle the switch to enable the unlocking once you're within the area without internet access. I hope this information helps.
2023-12-13
Use props
djiuser_m9Ud8fCpLjX9
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 23:56
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience. I suggest unlocking the area in advance where you have a stable internet connection. You may request via this link. After the license is uploaded to the "Aircraft Unlocking Licenses" section, you may simply toggle the switch to enable the unlocking once you're within the area without internet access. I hope this information helps.

Thanks for the reply. I did get an unlock in advance. But when I go to the park the controller says it cannot connect. . Is there any sort of workaround or hack to get around that? I would be in your debt for any info.
2023-12-14
Use props
djiuser_m9Ud8fCpLjX9
lvl.2

United States

Update: I had the same problem again. It said I needed to unlock because I am in a blue zone but couldn't because it said I had no wifi (LOL), so I decided to hit cancel and flew the drone around anyways because it showed the unlocked zone that was previously approved at home on the rc2 controller. For now on when it says I need to unlock a zone I can just hit the cancel button and fly because it is already on the controller. Is that correct?
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_m9Ud8fCpLjX9 Posted at 12-14 12:24
Update: I had the same problem again. It said I needed to unlock because I am in a blue zone but couldn't because it said I had no wifi (LOL), so I decided to hit cancel and flew the drone around anyways because it showed the unlocked zone that was previously approved at home on the rc2 controller. For now on when it says I need to unlock a zone I can just hit the cancel button and fly because it is already on the controller. Is that correct?

Hello, there. Thank you for your update. If you will verify your account to unlock the authorization zone, this process requires an internet service. However, if you managed to import your approved license to the aircraft, you can simply toggle this license to unlock the location without internet service.
2023-12-15
Use props
djiuser_m9Ud8fCpLjX9
lvl.2

United States

Greetings and thanks for the response. I think I understand what I need to do. I watched a few videos on the youtubes and discovered the option "Unlock GEO Zone" on the controller. After going through the process at FlySafe I turn on my controller and is syncs the approval (I think that's how it works). Then when I go out back or to the park (same area), I go to the "Unlock GEO Zone" and upload to "Aircraft". I think that works. The other option is to enable hot spot on my phone then go through the prompts to unlock by  getting the code then checking the checkboxes.

If everything makes sense to you so far that means I am learning. Regarding the controller's connection to the phone hot spot will that interfere with signals to drone? Should I disable hot spot before flying drone?

Thanks for all of your pointers. I wouldn't have made much progress without your help. I am in your debt.
EDIT: Can I change my forum user name to my name?
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_m9Ud8fCpLjX9 Posted at 12-15 05:24
Greetings and thanks for the response. I think I understand what I need to do. I watched a few videos on the youtubes and discovered the option "Unlock GEO Zone" on the controller. After going through the process at FlySafe I turn on my controller and is syncs the approval (I think that's how it works). Then when I go out back or to the park (same area), I go to the "Unlock GEO Zone" and upload to "Aircraft". I think that works. The other option is to enable hot spot on my phone then go through the prompts to unlock by  getting the code then checking the checkboxes.

If everything makes sense to you so far that means I am learning. Regarding the controller's connection to the phone hot spot will that interfere with signals to drone? Should I disable hot spot before flying drone?

Thank you for your update. It's great to know that everything has been sorted out! To change your user name, go to your  Profile > Settings> Set Username and upload your avatar. I hope this information helps you.
2023-12-17
Use props
djiuser_m9Ud8fCpLjX9
lvl.2

United States

Greetings! I have one more question. The flysafe app thinks I need documents for custom zone. Should I upload a word doc with my drone's info?  Same blue zone so I try to unlock outside of blue zone. Also is there any way to fix the accuracy of said blue zones? Thanks in advance!
I also need to know how to decrypt the *.log files without having to pay a monthly fee.
2023-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules