Controlling an R5C in video mode with a RS3 Pro Gimbal
1328 6 2023-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scarecrow
lvl.1
United States

I've got a Ronin RS3 Pro/RavenEye connected to my Canon R5C. All updated to current Firmware versions.
I cannot control any camera functions with the finger wheel on the Gimbal. I can control Gimbal functions with the wheel. Pan/Tilt/Roll etc... Just no camera functions except for start/stop recording.

Are there any specific settings in the R5C that need to be set to be able to control things like ISO/Shutter Speed/f-stop?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there! Thank you for reaching out! Upon checking the compatibility, the Canon EOS R5C is compatible with the DJI RS 3 Por. Please make sure to connect your camera to the RSS port of the DJI RS 3. You may refer to the setup below. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

2023-12-14
Use props
Edson Chuck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1877293 ft
Brazil

Sorry to say that my friend, but the only function you can control with the R5C and RS3 Pro is Start/Stop recording.
In photo mode, you can control Aperture, Shutter and ISO, but can't trigger to capture a photo.

In video mode, you can't control any camera specs.

Also, unfortunately, DJI doesn't seem interested in updating the firmware to have better compatibility with this camera.

I also own an R5C, and I am very frustrated with the lack of compatibility between this camera and the RS3 Pro, and also DJI Transmission.

https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-pro/eosr5c
2023-12-14
Use props
Scarecrow
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 04:36
Hi, there! Thank you for reaching out! Upon checking the compatibility, the Canon EOS R5C is compatible with the DJI RS 3 Por. Please make sure to connect your camera to the RSS port of the DJI RS 3. You may refer to the setup below. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

[view_image]

All connections are configured properly. All cables have been swapped. Still the only function available with the cable is start/stop record.

So it seems the only issue is with the ability of the two products to talk over the USB cable. Not sure if thats a DJI issue or a Canon issue. Either way it sucks for the person who dropped almost 10k on products that that don't talk to each other.
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Scarecrow Posted at 12-14 11:45
All connections are configured properly. All cables have been swapped. Still the only function available with the cable is start/stop record.

So it seems the only issue is with the ability of the two products to talk over the USB cable. Not sure if thats a DJI issue or a Canon issue. Either way it sucks for the person who dropped almost 10k on products that that don't talk to each other.

Thank you for your response. Please refer to the functions that will be supported upon using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C) with the DJI RS3 Pro. Kindly feel free to keep us posted anytime.

2023-12-18
Use props
djiuser_6oIVjWhQ0beA
New

United States

I see people are having no issue with the start and stop recording button on the r5c at rs3 pro but that’s my only issue any recommendations I am getting pretty annoyed on my Bluetooth is not working on my video and even with a cable attacked nothing
3-12 14:33
Use props
djiuser_6oIVjWhQ0beA
New

United States

Scarecrow Posted at 2023-12-14 11:45
All connections are configured properly. All cables have been swapped. Still the only function available with the cable is start/stop record.

So it seems the only issue is with the ability of the two products to talk over the USB cable. Not sure if thats a DJI issue or a Canon issue. Either way it sucks for the person who dropped almost 10k on products that that don't talk to each other.

I could not agree more, I am pretty upset as well
3-12 14:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules