1818 3 2023-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello DJI,
while i press and hold the joystick, i read in the manual that it should "lock the gimball".

As i press and hold, i have an icon with a lock who appear upper right and disappear as soon as i release the joystick.
Nothing is locked.

Manual is not explicit about this fonction.
How does it work ?
When does it work ?

I also noticed the sometimes i try to lock the Gimbal, i have a message that appear.
"Gimball Locked enabled" and immediatly "Gimball Locked disabled" when i release joystick.
This message is displayed a few times then no more, even after restart.

When I make a factory default, the message comes back, just for a few times.

Can you please clarify ?

Thanks in advance.
2023-12-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The gimbal is locked when you hold down the joystick.  It is unlocked when you release it.  "Lock" means that it is locked in the direction in which it is pointing when you press the joystick.  So if you are recording a rock concert, once you point the camera at the stage, then you can press the joystick and the gimbal will then stay pointing at the stage no matter how you waggle the handle.  But of course, you would not want to hold down that button for the whole concert.  This is why we have been asking for a gimbal lock lock, which would mean that once you held down the joystick, the gimbal would lock and you could then release the joystick and it would stay locked.  Then, hold down the joystick again, and the gimbal would unlock.  That is how it worked on the Pocket 2 (after a firmware upgrade).  Here is the video explaining gimbal lock on the Pocket 2 which shows how well it works, and a creative trick you can perform with it when vlogging.  But remember that the Pocket 3 cannot yet be set into continuous lock.

2023-12-14
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Thank you very much for you clear explainations, and good video.

I love the "gimbal lock lock" expression

Do you have the message on the screen or just the icon upper right ?
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. The Gimbal Lock mode refers to locking the orientation of the lens. The orientation of the lens will not move with the rotation of the handle, that is, all three axes provide stabilization;

Instructions to enable lock mode: Press and hold the 5D joystick to enter the gimbal lock mode, and release it to disable.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reach us anytime.
2023-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules