1021 20 2023-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

With the latest Lightroom update to 13.1 we finally got official support for DJI Mavic 3 Camera:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw (adobe.com)
2023-12-14
Use props
Franzdampf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7022441 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Did you spot any difference?
2023-12-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adobe doesn't have the original Mavic 3 listed for some reason? Only the Pro, Cine and Classic. I know the Mavic 3 has the same camera hardware but so do the other 3 models listed. It doesn't make sense to list those 3 as separate cameras but leave out the OG Mavic 3.
2023-12-14
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

...and they forgot to add the Mavic 3 Pro Cine, oh come on...
2023-12-15
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Regarding the difference - after setting to Adobe profile the green tint is gone.
It works for OG Mavic 3 - just checked with pictures from my old drone, so it should work with regular Cine version as well. I have no pictures form the zoom camera though.
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there! Thank you for sharing this useful information here in the DJI Forum. This will surely be useful to all Mavic 3 owners. Cheers!
2023-12-15
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

...so I took the .dcp files from the Mavic 3 Pro and modified them so that Lightroom would accept them for the Mavic 3 Pro Cine DNGs! Works like a charm, files are attached below.

in MacOS: Copy the .dcp files to "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw" (the library folder may be hidden, follow these steps to unhide: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254002152?sortBy=best)
in Windows: copy the files to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

I'm a Mac guy, so I can only tell you that it works there with Lightroom Classic 13.1 under Sonoma 14.2

Mavic 3 Pro Cine Adobe Profiles.zip

89.78 KB, Down times: 8

2023-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .
2023-12-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

Good to know. Thank you.
Is it Lr specific, or is ACR (within Ps) now also compatible?
2023-12-15
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Actually support for ACR was added even before LR. So everything should work across the whole Adobe ecosystem.
2023-12-15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

oberschneider.com Posted at 12-15 06:28
...so I took the .dcp files from the Mavic 3 Pro and modified them so that Lightroom would accept them for the Mavic 3 Pro Cine DNGs! Works like a charm, files are attached below.

in MacOS: Copy the .dcp files to "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw" (the library folder may be hidden, follow these steps to unhide: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254002152?sortBy=best)

Could you explain how you do this? What is LR searching for in the metadata to find the camera hardware? I have an M3E and would like to do the same as you did. I can provide whatever file you need.
2023-12-15
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-15 17:03
Could you explain how you do this? What is LR searching for in the metadata to find the camera hardware? I have an M3E and would like to do the same as you did. I can provide whatever file you need.

I was using a program called dcpTool (available in the MacOs AppStore) to read out the metadata from 3 DNGs of the 3 different cameras of my Mavic 3 Pro Cine, searching for the exact model name of each camera. The next step was to convert the original .dcp files of the Mavic 3 Pro from camera raw to XML files (again using dcpTool). Open the XML files and search for the camera module name at the very bottom of the file, and then just replace it with the model name of the M3 Pro Cine camera. Save the file, again changing the file name accordingly (though the correct file name might not really be relevant here, not sure about that), convert the XML to dcp using dcpTool, and copy the new file to the specified folder mentioned in my previous post.
I can do this for you, all I need is DNG files from every camera module of your M3E.
2023-12-15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

oberschneider.com Posted at 12-15 21:04
I was using a program called dcpTool (available in the MacOs AppStore) to read out the metadata from 3 DNGs of the 3 different cameras of my Mavic 3 Pro Cine, searching for the exact model name of each camera. The next step was to convert the original .dcp files of the Mavic 3 Pro from camera raw to XML files (again using dcpTool). Open the XML files and search for the camera module name at the very bottom of the file, and then just replace it with the model name of the M3 Pro Cine camera. Save the file, again changing the file name accordingly (though the correct file name might not really be relevant here, not sure about that), convert the XML to dcp using dcpTool, and copy the new file to the specified folder mentioned in my previous post.
I can do this for you, all I need is DNG files from every camera module of your M3E.

Yea I don't own the first Apple product so I don't think I could do that way myself. Here is a DNG file from the main M3E camera: M3E Main Camera DNG

Unfortunately for some unknown reason, DJI decided to make the 7x camera only shoot in .jpg and no raw capture. I really appreciate you doing this.
2023-12-16
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-16 17:21
Yea I don't own the first Apple product so I don't think I could do that way myself. Here is a DNG file from the main M3E camera: M3E Main Camera DNG

Unfortunately for some unknown reason, DJI decided to make the 7x camera only shoot in .jpg and no raw capture. I really appreciate you doing this.

Tried to download the DNG, but unfortunately I can only save the file as JPEG. Could you please send me the DNG through a wetransfer link or similar? Maybe as a private message, thanks!
2023-12-16
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

oberschneider.com Posted at 12-16 20:25
Tried to download the DNG, but unfortunately I can only save the file as JPEG. Could you please send me the DNG through a wetransfer link or similar? Maybe as a private message, thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dOtAam78K-ciykxQu8EWyCiseOckxevb/view?usp=sharing

Ah, my bad. Google Photos is weird sometimes like that. Maybe Google Drive will work. Let me know. Thank you.
2023-12-16
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-16 20:45
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dOtAam78K-ciykxQu8EWyCiseOckxevb/view?usp=sharing

Ah, my bad. Google Photos is weird sometimes like that. Maybe Google Drive will work. Let me know. Thank you.

here you go:

DJI M3Edcp.zip

54.94 KB, Down times: 3

2023-12-17
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 2023-12-16 17:21

Unfortunately for some unknown reason, DJI decided to make the 7x camera only shoot in .jpg and no raw capture. I really appreciate you doing this.

You can shoot raw with the 7x now. Check your settings if you are on the latest firmware. There is no dlog for video though unfortunately. I am hoping they will add it also.
1-5 19:13
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

itsdavesdrone Posted at 1-5 19:13
You can shoot raw with the 7x now. Check your settings if you are on the latest firmware. There is no dlog for video though unfortunately. I am hoping they will add it also.

You just got me excited for a second and just powered up the drone to check. Sure enough, it's not there.. I'm talking about the Mavic 3 Enterprise remember. Where we don't have Dlog on either camera. We have just one frame rate to shoot video in (29.97 fps). No 5.1k video. The only Mavic 3 without internal storage. We don't even have manual white balance for goodness sakes.
1-5 19:33
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-5 19:33
You just got me excited for a second and just powered up the drone to check. Sure enough, it's not there.. I'm talking about the Mavic 3 Enterprise remember. Where we don't have Dlog on either camera. We have just one frame rate to shoot video in (29.97 fps). No 5.1k video. The only Mavic 3 without internal storage. We don't even have manual white balance for goodness sakes.

Oh i'm sorry, I thought you were flying a Mavic 3. That seems really frustrating. Isn't the enterprise series supposed to be the higher end of their drones? Makes no sense or is it for some other reason for those drones purpose? I'm not too familiar with the enterprise lineup sorry...
1-5 22:29
Use props
Snowride419
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

I'm confused by this, I've been using LR for years now and it works just fine on all my DJI cameras from the Mavic3 all the way back to a Phantom 3.  What does this "official support" mean?
1-15 14:49
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Adobe finally prepared color profiles within Lightroom and ACR. There were some issues with colors in some specific cases, which didn't happen in C1, due to missing profiles in LR (specific tint when using custom WB profiles).
1-16 00:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules