Why is horizon so tilted?
12Next >
2192 75 2023-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Germany

Ever picture I take has a horizon problem.  DJI THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE!  YOU GOT TO FIX THIS!

IMG_3355.jpg
2023-12-15
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

I don't think it's due to the firmware. You can try to calibrate the gimbal. If the problem persists you will need to send the drone in service.
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Before blaming someone else did you
a) take any remedial steps yourself e.g. calibrate the gimbal and possibly the IMU ?
b) Try manually correcting the tilt in the app?
c) Even know that any of that was possible?

2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you even think that you are posting a photo of your drone being WELL above, at a guess, the John Hancock Centre in Chicago and that is 1500ft tall to the top of its radio masts!
Was this a legal flight?

How high was the drone and what was the wind speed up there?
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Austria

KokoFresha Posted at 12-15 01:43
I don't think it's due to the firmware. You can try to calibrate the gimbal. If the problem persists you will need to send the drone in service.

I think this should just work.  I do not need to calibrate my iphone every time I want to take a picture right????
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Austria

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 07:20
Before blaming someone else did you
a) take any remedial steps yourself e.g. calibrate the gimbal and possibly the IMU ?
b) Try manually correcting the tilt in the app?

I do not even know what you mean.  Why should I have to become a service tech to get a straight sky?
This seems foolish!
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Luxembourg

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 07:38
Did you even think that you are posting a photo of your drone being WELL above, at a guess, the John Hancock Centre in Chicago and that is 1500ft tall to the top of its radio masts!
Was this a legal flight?

I came down to about 2000 when I took that, but yes why would it not be legal?  I bought this at Best Buy.  It is not like I stole the drone!
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-15 08:56
I do not even know what you mean.  Why should I have to become a service tech to get a straight sky?
This seems foolish!

ROFLMAO, get real dude or grow up and do some research.
It certainly is foolish but the question is, who is the fool ?

But of course your first thoughts are to blame someone else lol.

As for "2000", 2000 what?
That looks a lot higher that 2000ft to me and if it is 2,000m  .....

Why would it not be legal ?
There are laws governing how high a drone can be flown wrt to the ground beneath it, 400ft except in circumstance that I guess you know nothing about,...... you might just want to research that.

Did you not get a warning on the controller as the drone climbed towards 400ft?
The FAA is the governing authority and you have a test or tests to pass before you can legally fly.
Might you have read of them?
2023-12-15
Use props
MossPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11224350 ft
  • >>>
United States

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-15 09:01
I came down to about 2000 when I took that, but yes why would it not be legal?  I bought this at Best Buy.  It is not like I stole the drone!

You need to learn the rules. Please keep your drone on the ground until you do. This is 100% stupid and illegal. How in the world can you believe this is safe or legal?
You are only allowed to fly to 400'. Period.

Take you TRUST certificate, that is also required. www.trust.pilotinstitute.com.
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 09:15
ROFLMAO, get real dude or grow up and do some research.
It is foolish but the question is, who is the fool ?

My man, it is NOT an airplane!  It is not like I'm piloting a plane or a choppa!
It is a drone from BEST BUY!
2023-12-15
Use props
Freeloader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144688 ft
United States

Its a wonder the FAA is not knocking down his door,  where that was taken a,t Midway International Airport is about 10 or so miles from that and the biggest airport O'hare  International Airport is about 15 or so miles  The planes are coming in at and taking off at  that location all the time , There starting there downward approach to the airports  coming right over that area  also. After posting this out in the open I think I would be more worried about someone turning it in to the  FAA.
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

United States

MossPhoto Posted at 12-15 09:48
You need to learn the rules. Please keep your drone on the ground until you do. This is 100% stupid and illegal. How in the world can you believe this is safe or legal?
You are only allowed to fly to 400'. Period.

You are tripping.  Now I need a certificate?  Like a gold star?

This thing is plastic!
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

United States

Freeloader Posted at 12-15 09:57
Its a wonder the FAA is not knocking down his door,  where that was taken a,t Midway International Airport is about 10 or so miles from that and the biggest airport O'hare  International Airport is about 15 or so miles  The planes are coming in at and taking off at  that location all the time , There starting there downward approach to the airports  coming right over that area  also. After posting this out in the open I think I would be more worried about someone turning it in to the  FAA.

Knocking down my door?  They better bring a warrant and better sense of humor.  
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MossPhoto Posted at 12-15 09:48
You need to learn the rules. Please keep your drone on the ground until you do. This is 100% stupid and illegal. How in the world can you believe this is safe or legal?
You are only allowed to fly to 400'. Period.

Are you VMoss?
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-15 10:01
Knocking down my door?  They better bring a warrant and better sense of humor.

Dude, for your own benefit, I would suggest you start taking the comments addressed to you seriously.

I recollect that Dailon Dabney made similar comments concerning the authorities after he got flak for sending a drone into the Cincinatti Benglas stadium during a game and posting youtubes of it. From memory, HE DID have them knocking on his door and it might have been federal door knockers.
I am not sure if the following links will work for you but ......
https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2023/03/14/men-who-flew-drones-over-reds-bengals-stadiums-plead-guilty/70008526007/
https://www.fox19.com/2023/09/11/man-sentenced-drone-incident-2022-bengals-raiders-wildcard-game/
https://dronelife.com/2023/09/13/drone-pilot-sentenced-for-2022-incident-at-bengals-game-nfl-implements-policy-change/

2023-12-15
Use props
Mark Scott
New

United States

I'm having the same problem. I have tried to fix it with the mobile version DJI Go4, and I have tried downloading and using DJI Assistant 2 and DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic and neither one recognizes my MavicPro so I cant do the Advanced Visual Calibration, which DJI Go 4 is sugggesting. Has anyone else had an issue with a Mavic Pro not being recognized.
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Norway

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 10:14
Dude, for your own benefit, I would suggest you start taking the comments addressed to you seriously.

I recollect that Dailon Dabney made similar comments concerning the authorities after he got flak for sending a drone into the Cincinatti Benglas stadium during a game and posting youtubes of it. From memory, HE DID have them knocking on his door and it might have been federal door knockers.

Yes im just buzzing around up there.  Think of me like doing no harm, not landing on a football player.
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark, have you tried the manual adjusment in the App?
Have you tried an IMU calibration? I do not know if that will do anything but it won't hurt,
Which assistant 2 ? I think you need this one
https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2
Have you crashed the drone?
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-15 10:21
Yes im just buzzing around up there.  Think of me like doing no harm, not landing on a football player.

On your own head be it.
2023-12-15
Use props
Mark Scott
New

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 10:25
Mark, have you tried the manual adjusment in the App?
Have you tried an IMU calibration? I do not know if that will do anything but it won't hurt,
Which assistant 2 ? I think you need this one

I tried the asst 2 that you suggested, as well as an asst for Assistant 2 for Mavic. I did a few IMU calibrations. They all end up the same. I havent crashed it.  I am not aware of the "manual adustment" that would correct the horizon adjustment.  Do you mean the gimble dial that tilts the camera up an down? I'm not aware of a manual adjustment in the ap... Thanks

2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Scott Posted at 12-15 11:48
I tried the asst 2 that you suggested, as well as an asst for Assistant 2 for Mavic. I did a few IMU calibrations. They all end up the same. I havent crashed it.  I am not aware of the "manual adustment" that would correct the horizon adjustment.  Do you mean the gimble dial that tilts the camera up an down? I'm not aware of a manual adjustment in the ap... Thanks

''I am not aware of the "manual adustment" that would correct the horizon adjustment. ''
see

the drone featured is an Air but it's still the Go4 app and is the same procedure for my m2p.
2023-12-15
Use props
Mark Scott
New

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 12:10
''I am not aware of the "manual adustment" that would correct the horizon adjustment. ''
see

Thanks. I'm running DJI Go 4. I dont have Camera Gimbal Advanced Settings option. that your demo shows. I tried to look at every setting in the App. and couldnt find it.  I'm back to trying to get the software to "see" my MavicPro.
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Scott Posted at 12-15 12:52
Thanks. I'm running DJI Go 4. I dont have Camera Gimbal Advanced Settings option. that your demo shows. I tried to look at every setting in the App. and couldnt find it.  I'm back to trying to get the software to "see" my MavicPro.

Try
1) the 3 dot menu ->
2) the camera icon ->
3) adjust gimbal

There is no need to touch the  '' advanced......... '' even if it exists.

2023-12-15
Use props
FlaMan
New

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 13:07
Try
1) the 3 dot menu ->
2) the camera icon ->

There is no camera icon. I tried every icon in the 3 dot menu. I couldnt find any menu option that had anything to do with the Gimbal.
Screenshot_20231215_144618.jpg
2023-12-15
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

I just love these guys. Rules! Well as a professional aircraft pilot, we just want to cause extreme physical harm, much like they are threatening us with, to them. This un-educated clown, who just plunked cash down at a Best Buy is threatening all of us in the air, all aircraft, like passenger aircraft, perhaps carrying his mother. Hitting a multi pound drone at 250 knots causes catastrophic damage, and will kill the pilot when it comes through the windscreen, then possibly ending up killing all aboard. I have hit smaller birds than most drones which caused major damage.  Anyhow, hopefully Norway, where he thinks he lives, will educate him.
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlaMan Posted at 12-15 13:15
There is no camera icon. I tried every icon in the 3 dot menu. I couldnt find any menu option that had anything to do with the Gimbal.

You have to switch the drone on and let it connect first.
With a red 0 for RTH height the drone is not connected.
The settings are almost certainly stored in the drone so the drone must be on and connected.
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dogpilot Posted at 12-15 13:49
I just love these guys. Rules! Well as a professional aircraft pilot, we just want to cause extreme physical harm, much like they are threatening us with, to them. This un-educated clown, who just plunked cash down at a Best Buy is threatening all of us in the air, all aircraft, like passenger aircraft, perhaps carrying his mother. Hitting a multi pound drone at 250 knots causes catastrophic damage, and will kill the pilot when it comes through the windscreen, then possibly ending up killing all aboard. I have hit smaller birds than most drones which caused major damage.  Anyhow, hopefully Norway, where he thinks he lives, will educate him.

He is not likely to be in Norway.
He's is probably behind a VPN, so far he has been shown as being in Germany, Austria, Luxenburg, USA and Norway, and the photo is Chicago isn't it?
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-15 09:56
My man, it is NOT an airplane!  It is not like I'm piloting a plane or a choppa!
It is a drone from BEST BUY!

It is not like I'm piloting a plane or a choppa.
By the way the FAA and Federal? legislation regard drones as aircraft, people have been prosecuted in the USA for shooting at them.
https://www.google.com/search?q= ... client=gws-wiz-serp
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Netherlands

Dogpilot Posted at 12-15 13:49

Norway???  NOOOO F'n way!  I live in Rosemont.  I literally have never been outside of this three state area and I do use VPN because of STOCKERS like some exist.
2023-12-15
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-15 15:22
Consider the thread, with constantly changing locations between posts, may have been a troll for the Drone Police.

Constantly changing location - bruh.  I'm asking question about horizon and now my location matters?  See this is what is wrong with the WWW.  You do not like how I fly so you take out rage on me and then wanna get in my business.  I'm in Illiniois, always have been always will be.  We believe in rights here.  Not whatever drone gestapo you are in.  I'm sorry, but that is the way I feel about this.  My drone is legal - bought at Best Buy, I read the guide and have been self taught I am proud to say.  So much hysteria here I cant tell if some of these guys are serious or not.
2023-12-15
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Just so you get why you are violating laws not just federal, the laws in Chicago itself:

Illinois Drone Operator Information

Why is this important information for drone operators in Chicago?
Understanding how federal restrictions impact Chicago ordinances may influence a flight plan or a business endeavor, to say the least.  As a rule of thumb, operating within the bounds of federal restrictions and with an abundance of caution related to Chicago ordinances should increase the likelihood of successful commercial operation or recreational flight.  Chicago has several drone restrictions starting with the below items found on Chicago’s Office of the City Clerk site:
(1) No person shall operate a drone in city airspace except for hobby or recreational purposes only and in conformity with this section
(2) directly over any person who is not involved in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft, without such person’s consent
(3) over property that the operator does not own, without the property owner’s consent, and subject to any restrictions that the property owner may place on such operation
(4) at an altitude higher than 400 feet above ground level
(5) outside the visual line of sight of the operator. The operator shall use his or her own natural vision (which includes vision corrected by standard eyeglasses or contact lenses) to maintain at all times an unobstructed view of the small unmanned aircraft, without the use of vision-enhancing devices, such as binoculars, night vision goggles, powered vision magnifying devices, goggles designed to provide a “first person view” from the model or similar devices
(6) within five miles of any airport
(7) in a manner that interferes with, or fails to give way to, any manned aircraft
(8) between dusk and dawn
(9) whenever weather conditions impair the operator’s ability to operate the small unmanned aircraft safely
(10) over any open-air assembly unit, school, schoolyard, hospital, place of worship, prison or police station, without the property owner’s consent, and subject to any restrictions that the property owner may place on such operation
(11) within 500 feet of any water intake facility or any electric generating facility, sub-station or control center, or within 100 feet of any electric transmission facility, or within 25 feet of any electric distribution facility or of any overhead wire, cable, conveyor or similar equipment for the transmission of sounds or signal, or of heat, light or power, or data, upon or along any public way within the city, without the facility or equipment owner’s consent, and subject to any restrictions that the facility or equipment owner may place on such operation
(12) for the purpose of conducting surveillance, unless expressly permitted by law
(13) while under the influence of alcohol, or other drug or drugs, intoxicating compound or compounds or any combination thereof, as those terms are defined in 625 ILCS 5/11-501, as amended
(14) that is equipped with a firearm or other weapon
(15) with intent to use such small unmaimed aircraft or anything attached to it to cause harm to persons or property
(16) in a reckless or careless manner
(17) in violation of any Federal or State law
(18) Generally being a self centered entitled jerk
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-15 15:22
Consider the thread, with constantly changing locations between posts, may have been a troll for the Drone Police.

You are probably correct but I will give it one last go. I will make it as simple as I can for him and post the contents of an FAA page. Though I doubt it will be of any use lol.
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-15 16:16
Constantly changing location - bruh.  I'm asking question about horizon and now my location matters?  See this is what is wrong with the WWW.  You do not like how I fly so you take out rage on me and then wanna get in my business.  I'm in Illiniois, always have been always will be.  We believe in rights here.  Not whatever drone gestapo you are in.  I'm sorry, but that is the way I feel about this.  My drone is legal - bought at Best Buy, I read the guide and have been self taught I am proud to say.  So much hysteria here I cant tell if some of these guys are serious or not.

"I cant tell if some of these guys are serious or not."
With regards to the repondents to your post, NONE of them are joking and ALL of them are serious.

From https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_flyers

"What are the Rules for Recreational Flyers?

The Exception for Limited Recreational Operations of Unmanned Aircraft (USC 44809) is the law that describes how, when, and where you can fly drones for recreational purposes. Following these rules helps keep people, your drone and our airspace safe:

1. Fly only for recreational purposes (personal enjoyment).

2  Follow the safety guidelines of an FAA-recognized Community Based Organization (CBO).
    For more information on how to become an FAA-recognized CBO, read Advisory Circular 91-57C.

3 Keep your drone within the visual line of sight or use a visual observer who is co-located (physically next to) and in direct communication with you.

4 Give way to and do not interfere with other aircraft.

5 Fly at or below FAA-authorized altitudes in controlled airspace (Class B, C, D, and surface Class E designated for an airport) only with prior FAA authorization by using LAANC or DroneZone.

6 Fly at or below 400 feet in Class G (uncontrolled) airspace.
    Note: Anyone flying a drone in the U.S. National Airspace System (NAS) is responsible for flying within the FAA guidelines and regulations. That means it is up to you as a drone pilot to know the rules: Where Can I Fly?

7 Take The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) and carry proof of test passage when flying.

8 Have a current FAA registration, mark (PDF) your drones on the outside with the registration number, and carry proof of registration with you when flying.
Note: Beginning September 16, 2023, if your drone requires an FAA registration number it will also be required to broadcast Remote ID information (unless flown within a FRIA). For more information on drone registration, visit How to Register Your Drone.

9 Do not operate your drone in a manner that endangers the safety of the national airspace system.

Visiting from another country? Using a foreign-registered drone? Be sure to check out our page: International UAS Operators in the United States

Individuals violating any of these rules, and/or operating in a dangerous manner, may be subject to FAA enforcement action.

For more information, read Advisory Circular 91-57C.

Not sure what type of a drone user you are? We can help you!

Visit our website or follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest safety information, news and updates.

Last updated: Monday, August 07, 2023"

From https://www.faa.gov/faq/there-penalty-failing-register
''Failure to register an unmanned aircraft that is required to be registered may  result in regulatory and criminal penalties. The FAA may assess civil  penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to  $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.''
2023-12-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-15 18:03
You are probably correct but I will give it one last go. I will make it as simple as I can for him and post the contents of an FAA page. Though I doubt it will be of any use lol.

Can't you tell when you're being trolled?
Don't keep feeding the idiot.

2023-12-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

FlaMan Posted at 12-15 13:15

You can't see the gimbal sub-menu unless the drone is connected.
It's above the 3 dots (which is unrelated) and below the flight battery icon.

Screenshot_20190818-144854.jpg
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm if the image transmission of the app and the original footage(SD card) are both skewed? If so, please follow our recommendations below:

> First check whether the gimbal is in Follow mode.
> Check the wind velocity in the flight environment: The stabilization effect will be affected by strong wind. We recommend changing to another environment or waiting for some time before taking off again.
> Check with the control sticks: If the control stick is pushed with too much force, the aircraft speed will be high, which reduces the stabilization effect. It is recommended to push the control stick gently.
> Check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed. If there is any damage and deformation, it is recommended to replace the propellers. Verify that the two propellers on the same motor have the same batch number. Please use two propellers with the same batch number.
> Ensure that the aircraft is not in S mode when flying.|
> Remove the microSD card from the aircraft. Place the aircraft in a stable status and restart it.
> Perform gimbal calibration and IMU calibration.
> Update or Refresh the firmware through DJI Assistant 2 via this link.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-15 19:35
Can't you tell when you're being trolled?  Don't keep feeding the idiot.

I can tell thanks and I am about to add a snack. lol
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-15 16:16

Just curious, what height would folks estimate that shot to be from?  
I am wondering if it is actually shot from a drone at all and could it be taken from a manned aircraft?
If Byron wants to prove it is from a drone perhaps he could upload the .txt flight log to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
then post the URL here.
2023-12-16
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-15 22:20
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm if the image transmission of the app and the original footage(SD card) are both skewed? If so, please follow our recommendations below:

> First check whether the gimbal is in Follow mode.

THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD ADVICE!  That is stuff I can try to see if I can level the image!
2023-12-16
Use props
ByronSKYKING
lvl.1

Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-16 05:39
Just curious, what height would folks estimate that shot to be from?  
I am wondering if it is actually shot from a drone at all and could it be taken from a manned aircraft?
If Byrons wants to prove it is from a drone perhaps he could upload the .txt flight log to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Where is the log file at?
2023-12-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules