o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-16 05:58
Where is the log file at?

What controller and if relevant what phone?
What computer do you use, windows, mac etc.?
The procedure varies depending on the answers.  
2023-12-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

This goes against everything.  I think I am going to fly extra safely today.  Shaking my head.
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlaMan Posted at 12-15 13:15
There is no camera icon. I tried every icon in the 3 dot menu. I couldnt find any menu option that had anything to do with the Gimbal.

Did you find the manual roll adjustment?
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-16 08:20
This thread cracks me up.  I wonder if "ByronSKYKING" had as much fun setting this up as Ben Shultz had staging the infamous "Leeroy Jenkins!" WOW scene?  You Drone Police types are too much.

Glad you are enjoying it, it is quite fun.
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-16 10:28
I think you may be missing what I am chuckling about.

Is it fun to be trolled & made to look foolish?

I guess you don't understand my motivation. lol
2023-12-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-16 10:49
I guess you don't understand my motivation. lol

It seems to be to encourage the troll by giving him the attention he wants.
2023-12-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

It started from here...

and finally the perfect horizon...

2023-12-16
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

hahahahahaha. YES DJI. PLEASE FIX THIS.
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-16 10:54
It seems to be to encourage the troll by giving him the attention he wants.

Oh definitely, you nailed it as usual.
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 12-16 14:29
It started from here...

Brilliant.
2023-12-16
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-16 17:20
When I first saw the image above Chicago I was going to comment, "Nothing is wrong, it is just the curvature of the Earth."

Exactly! Oh, wow! Someone that has flown more than me (at least based on the DJI numbers...). You've really flown quite a lot!
2023-12-16
Use props
NobodyImportant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355030 ft
United States

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-15 16:16
Constantly changing location - bruh.  I'm asking question about horizon and now my location matters?  See this is what is wrong with the WWW.  You do not like how I fly so you take out rage on me and then wanna get in my business.  I'm in Illiniois, always have been always will be.  We believe in rights here.  Not whatever drone gestapo you are in.  I'm sorry, but that is the way I feel about this.  My drone is legal - bought at Best Buy, I read the guide and have been self taught I am proud to say.  So much hysteria here I cant tell if some of these guys are serious or not.

This has to be trolling, has to be.  

The federal government won’t find it as funny as you do.
2023-12-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

NobodyImportant Posted at 12-16 18:39
This has to be trolling, has to be.  

The federal government won’t find it as funny as you do.

It is not trolling...

Some people still believe that the Earth is flat...
2023-12-16
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-16 17:57
Thanks.  I have racked up a lot of miles over the years.  Funny thing is, that is only logs from the DJI app.  I probably have more Litchi flights than flights with the DJI apps, but none of the Litchi missions are included in my stats.

That's cool. Do you fly professionally? Photographer or cinematographer? I started as a hobbyist and moved into it professionally. Got way more active with the release of the Part 107. I mean, before that I was super active but sort of not sure what was legal or not.
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-16 17:57
Thanks.  I have racked up a lot of miles over the years.  Funny thing is, that is only logs from the DJI app.  I probably have more Litchi flights than flights with the DJI apps, but none of the Litchi missions are included in my stats.

You might find it only logs flights that are flown using an App that is logged into the relevant/'this' DJI account i.e. if you had two DJI account  each account will log only its own flights and totals and that the app itself will only show flights flown under the then current log in.
2023-12-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-17 04:59
I have only have one DJI account.  Litchi flights never synced with the DJI records.  As you stated, you aren't logged into DJI when flying with Litchi.  Also remember even DJI doesn't log when the bird is disconnected from the RC.  All those long-range Litchi Waypoint flights with Phantom 3 Standards were beyond RC range, etc..  Hundreds of 40,000' or more Waypoint flights not counted.  None of those flights would be logged even if Litchi did sync with DJI as the RC was disconnected.

I have requested many times, to no avail, that the Assistant program have a "Sync Internal Flight Logs" option.  The bummer is ALL logs are recorded by the bird's internal flight recorder, regardless of RC contact.  Even if you just power on the data is logged.  DJI just never provided a way to sync them.  You would think this would be a fairly simple addition?  The Assistant has you logged into your DJI account.  Should be no different than syncing flight records from an app except the internal logs would need to be decrypted by the server upon receipt.  They would provide a lot of data for DJI.  Pilots would benefit by having a better understanding of how many miles birds have actually logged.  Someday perhaps....

"The bummer is ALL logs are recorded by the bird's internal flight recorder, regardless of RC contact."
In what follows I assume you are talking about the DATs on the drone itself.
I like logs, but I see an appreciable problem with syncing these drone DAT's.
For one thing, incomparison with the .txt flight records the drone DATs are HUGE.
The average size of my P3 drone DATs is 69,455,076bytes, I have lost a few during 'my time' through forgetting to download them and having old, uncopied logs over written. The largest is 314,580,992bytes.
Over the same time period the average size of the Go App .txt flight logs from my phones is 210,056bytes, I have have lost a few .txt flight logs.

I haven't bothered to download more that a few drone-DATs from the minis and m2p/z so it isnt worth working out averages.

The second problem is that the downloading, via USB, of the DATs from the drone is INCREDIBLY slow, at least with my equipment it is.
2023-12-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-17 11:37
I am sure DJI can figure out how to extract from the on-board DATs only the data they need to properly sync up with the normal flight logs.  It is just convincing them it's worth the effort.

Do you have linux and awk/gawk? Or can you program?
If you can program and have the csv's for every flight log you could write a program to extract the mileages from those csv's including, I think, the csv's of Litchi logs.
Assuming for any given app the relevant data is always in the same column, I recollect that may depend on the source of the csv, then it is quite easy to get the data from that column or those columns by using the 'column numbers'.

Where you use multiple apps you would either have to ammend the program and run it on only the correct logs or include code to select the correct colum numbers by looking for appropriate column titles.
2023-12-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-17 13:18
That is above my pay grade.  LOL.  I thought the on-board logs were encrypted?  Wouldn't you need the cypher to decrypt them?

Ah I was referreing the the txt flight logs and their csv's.

Yes I think mavic style dats from the drone are encrypted and getting the csv for each and every Phantom 3 DAT would be an extremely tedious and long job with each DAT having to  be processed one at a time by CsvView.

Do you have Linux and awk/gawk?
Failing that I think a Mac will run awk/gawk but you'd need to google that.
If you are interested I could send you the program after I have generalised it or if you seek the information from only one or two colums in each csv  then I can 'crop' the progam to look at just those columns.
Currently it's looking at probably 30+ colums in 4000+ csv's and takes around 14minute to run, mileage flown in each csv is one of those columns. Additionally, since some mileages in the logs are screwed up by bad gps it also estimates mileage for each flight by summing instantaneous ( speed x time intervals between lines ), the latter is probably a very crude approach but I am not a programmer.
2023-12-17
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-17 04:43
I strictly fly for fun & recreation.  Been flying RC since I was a teenager back in the mid 70s.  
Crikeys that's a long time!

Wow! That's intense. I can't even imagine how much you've seen in regards to technology change. I mean, just in the last seven or eight years technology has changed SO much. I'm still in awe of what DJI has been able to create.
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ByronSKYKING Posted at 12-16 05:56
THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD ADVICE!  That is stuff I can try to see if I can level the image!

You're most welcome. Please feel free to keep us posted anytime.
2023-12-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have to say I am a bit gutted that my friend Byron has not come through with a log, I thought he would be dying to prove himself real. Ho Hum.
2023-12-18
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-18 02:41
Things have definitely changed a lot.  I have a couple rooms full of RC fixed-wings.  I haven't flown one since I bought the Phantom 2 Vision+ almost a decade ago.

Very cool.
2023-12-18
Use props
Chris128
lvl.4
Flight distance : 936739 ft
United Kingdom

could try using dji assistant 2 https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/mavic-3
allows you to calibrate using your PC or Mac. it helped me when i was having IMU issues.

2023-12-26
Use props
fansa20ee897
New
Flight distance : 20079 ft

Canada

Wow some people really are stupid.
2023-12-26
Use props
Quadrocopter.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48399 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-16 06:18
Join Marlon Perkins & Jim Fowler for today's exciting edition of "Trolling for Drone Police"...

Drone police VS just using common sense / not being a prick are two different things all together.  The public is just trying to educate people with zero common sense how to operate in airspace over busy cities.  

And all of this because the original post is too dumb to calibrate his camera which is a completley normal procedure to fix.
2023-12-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Quadrocopter.com Posted at 12-27 14:36
Drone police VS just using common sense / not being a prick are two different things all together.  The public is just trying to educate people with zero common sense how to operate in airspace over busy cities.  

And all of this because the original post is too dumb to calibrate his camera which is a completley normal procedure to fix.

Some people are too dumb to recognise when they are being trolled and just keep on entertaining the troll.
The original pic is not from a drone at all.
2023-12-27
Use props
Chris128
lvl.4
Flight distance : 936739 ft
United Kingdom

ByronSKYKING Posted at 2023-12-15 09:57
You are tripping.  Now I need a certificate?  Like a gold star?

This thing is plastic!

are you kinda special, if your plastic drone got into an aircraft engine it could bring it down. You can't be that thick.
1-7 09:22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chris128 Posted at 1-7 09:22
are you kinda special, if your plastic drone got into an aircraft engine it could bring it down. You can't be that thick.

They're not, it's a wind up thread.
1-7 11:37
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 11:37
They're not, it's a wind up thread.

What are you on about???

It is a real problem and from here it looks like it is getting worse and worse....

Byron... It's your Captain here...

You need to get back here and get DJI to fix this issue as quick as possible... It is an emergency!!!

1-7 13:52
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Independance Day?
1-7 14:04
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think he has blown away, whether on interstellar wind or his own hot air who can tell but YOUR horizon looks ok to me.
1-7 14:07
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

As somebody that has had horizon issues, this thread makes me laugh because when it keeps coming up, I click on it, then remember, oh yes... I have seen this before and there is nothing to be seen here.  This simply cannot be a serious thread and is an obvious troll imho.  
1-7 14:09
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 1-7 14:09
As somebody that has had horizon issues, this thread makes me laugh because when it keeps coming up, I click on it, then remember, oh yes... I have seen this before and there is nothing to be seen here.  This simply cannot be a serious thread and is an obvious troll imho.

It isn't a serious thread, actually I think it's rather nice to see a humorous conversation.
1-7 14:16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 14:16
It isn't aserious thread, actually I think it's rather nice to see a humorous conversation.

I suppose lol.  Drones should always bring happiness!
1-7 14:20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

I think you can guess where this is going....
1-8 01:47
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 1-8 01:47
I think you can guess where this is going....

Mars , Star Trek, Stargate or Babylon 5?
1-8 06:18
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 2023-12-16 19:30
It is not trolling...

Some people still believe that the Earth is flat...

Check your reply. You have got 0 upvotes and 3 downvotes
5-8 07:25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Oh for the love of god.  I clicked into this thread again and had deja vu.  WHY..... why why
5-8 08:25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 5-8 08:25
Oh for the love of god.  I clicked into this thread again and had deja vu.  WHY..... why why

At least now we know that ByronSKYKING and User001 are brothers...
5-8 13:06
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 5-8 08:25

I'm in the same boat lol.
5-8 14:12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules