Pocket 3 gimbal self locking
496 10 2023-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NTMurf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
I am having an issue of the Pocket 3 gimbal self locking. When walking and videoing I will move the head around but sometimes when I turn to go in a different direction the head stays locked in the direction it was pointing as if active lock has been enabled. I also get this if I have used the joystick to point upwards to an object, lowered the head again, moved in a different direct but the head stays focused on the object I am moving away from, the joystick is not being touched and I am forced to use the joystick to drive the head back to centre or perform a gimbal reset but that is a really agressive movement while videoing and I do not wish to stop the videoing to perform a reset. Any thoughts?
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. To better understand your issue, could you please share us some videos?
2023-12-15
Use props
NTMurf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have narrowed the issue down. If you use the joystick to tilt the head up or down and turn the body of the camera left or right the head locks in the direction it is facing. This is without pressing down on the centre of the joystick which I know is supposed to do this. The head then stays in this position after releasing the joystick, it also does this when you intended to lock the gimbal which seems odd as you would think the head would slowly return to centre and not keep point to one side. If you use the camera at an angle, not up right, it does the same locking issue but if you then bring the camera up right the head re-centres on its own.
2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

NTMurf Posted at 12-16 08:28
I have narrowed the issue down. If you use the joystick to tilt the head up or down and turn the body of the camera left or right the head locks in the direction it is facing. This is without pressing down on the centre of the joystick which I know is supposed to do this. The head then stays in this position after releasing the joystick, it also does this when you intended to lock the gimbal which seems odd as you would think the head would slowly return to centre and not keep point to one side. If you use the camera at an angle, not up right, it does the same locking issue but if you then bring the camera up right the head re-centres on its own.

Thank you for your response. We are glad that your issue has been resolved. It would be really appreciated if we could have a video to understand the issue or method you mentioned.
2023-12-17
Use props
NTMurf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-17 04:09
Thank you for your response. We are glad that your issue has been resolved. It would be really appreciated if we could have a video to understand the issue or method you mentioned.

The issue is far from being resolved, I have only identified the specifics of how the issue occurs, not how to resolve it. How do I upload a video, I have tried to attach one but the forum only appears to accept photos, not videos?
2023-12-17
Use props
NTMurf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hopefully video attached
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rjdY8MK5_jJ3qOyjHH9JnUdG6GJnEn9k/view?usp=drivesdk
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

NTMurf Posted at 12-17 08:40
Hopefully video attached
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rjdY8MK5_jJ3qOyjHH9JnUdG6GJnEn9k/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks for providing the link. Apologies. The link above needs access and weren't able to view it. May we request the viewable link again? Thanks in advance for your patience.
2023-12-17
Use props
NTMurf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

NTMurf Posted at 12-18 00:17

Thank you for the information. I'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. I'll keep you posted via PM once I receive a response from them. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-18
Use props
NTMurf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2023-12-18 16:09
Thank you for the information. I'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. I'll keep you posted via PM once I receive a response from them. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,
Has there been any advancement in correcting this gimbal error? It is really annoying and spoils my enjoyment of a superb camera.
5-8 07:52
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

NTMurf Posted at 5-8 07:52
Hi,
Has there been any advancement in correcting this gimbal error? It is really annoying and spoils my enjoyment of a superb camera.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have not yet received any feedback or timeframe from our engineers regarding this. Please stay tuned to DJI’s official website for updates. Thank you for your support and understanding.
5-8 14:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules