[Solved] DJI air unit o3 can't activate
677 2 2023-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Widelx
New

France

I had an issue that I solved and needed to share the solution with you. The issue was that the DJI air unit o3 was not detected by the DJI Assitant app (FPV and Consumer series). Hence I couldn't activate it and use it without the popup. But the app worked well with the Googles v2...
I thought that the brand new air unit had an issue so the customer service (thanks a lot to them) replaced it even though I suspect they didn't find any issue.
I then tried again and it wasn't working either... Since they tested before sending, I knew the issue was from my side.

Solution:
The issue was that I was not downloading the assistants in the default folder ("Program Files", I used a custom "Software" folder that gives me more control on what is going under the hood on windows).
I don't know why but because of that, the installation manager didn't trigger the drivers installation during the process and didn't return an error.
I don't like to do it, but this time I had to download the assistant in the default folder and then run it. It then opened a cmd prompt that runs the drivers installation.

I hope that this will help some of you.

2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We're sorry for the trouble that you experienced. However, we're glad to know that the situation has been sorted out! Please feel free to reach us anytime. Thank you for your support.
2023-12-17
Use props
Bi2lmet
lvl.1

Greece

I was having the same problem, I also noticed that the computer didn't recognize the device, only as Bulk Device.
I Install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and it works with that. The  Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) DOESNT work with that.
2-13 05:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules