DJI M300RTK does not work with RC Plus IP3 version BEWARE
434 4 2023-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Media Imaging
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1424104 ft
United Kingdom

BEWARE, make sure you buy an RC Plus that has not been installed with IS3 version firmware - if you want to link it with Matrice M300/350/30 series!!

It appears that the RC Plus comes in two flavours one for the Inspire 3 and one of the Matrice line. If you are delivered the IP3 version it is not compatible with the Matrice line in my case the M300. The RC Plus has no facility to down grade the firmware to the required v01.02.04.40 and does not provide an offline firmware update option as it does on the RC Pro or in DA2 M300.... DJI have failed to provide any informaiton on this. I have had no choice but to insist on a full refund from my bemused seller! This is typical DJI BS as usual.... Why would they not either clear mark each RC Plus or make then comapitble or allow the changing of the firmware...??

2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Whatever the DJI RC Plus for Enterprise or DJI RC Plus for Inspire 3, they currently only support corresponding series drones and cannot support other drone models through firmware refresh.
For DJI RC Plus (Inspire 3), you can check the compatibility blank:
https://store.dji.com/product/dji-rc-plus-inspire-3?vid=136581
The DJI RC Plus for Enterprise currently only supports Enterprise drone models such as DJI Matrice 350 RTK, DJI Matrice 300 RTK, and DJI Matrice 30.
2023-12-17
Use props
Drone Media Imaging
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1424104 ft
United Kingdom

Then you think you and your sellers would make this clear right? But you don’t, everywhere was saying that the “RCPlus was now compatible with the M300” but no one was saying “but make sure you buy the right one”. My supplier didn’t even know so I have had to prove it to them so I can get mine refunded…. Wasted several days on this… DJI is always such a pain company to deal with!
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Drone Media Imaging Posted at 12-17 02:37
Then you think you and your sellers would make this clear right? But you don’t, everywhere was saying that the “RCPlus was now compatible with the M300” but no one was saying “but make sure you buy the right one”. My supplier didn’t even know so I have had to prove it to them so I can get mine refunded…. Wasted several days on this… DJI is always such a pain company to deal with!

May we know which dealer you purchase from? We will forward this to our teams and let them notice this issue.
2023-12-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why in the world does DJI feel the need to overcomplicate the small things? You have an RC that is identical on a hardware level but made incompatible through software alone. Then DJI goes a step beyond that and makes it so the firmware can't be swapped in case of situations like this. There's no reason to make the firmware unable to upgrade/downgrade other than DJI just being the typical DJI that they are. I'm not at all surprised by these policies in place given DJI's history. Like with the RC Pro versions BS that DJI still has in place. At least with them, there is a clear naming difference even when the hardware is identical. With the RC Plus, naming is identical as is the hardware inside. Yet, the two RC Plus versions only work with select drones and can't even be swapped. Look at your own listing in your store. If an Inspire 3 owner was looking to take advantage of the Dual Operator mode are came here, there's nothing telling them of any difference or that it will not be compatible once they recieve it. DJI is one of the best at catchy marketing tricks so a slip up like this has to be done intentionally.
Screenshot 2023-12-22 103738.png

2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules