Amazon Fraud Dji
1380 30 2023-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yvonneº
lvl.2

Spain

Hi everyone, I wish I had a question to ask about the use of the Mavic 3 Classic I ordered only I can't because rather than the drone I ordered I found an odd bag filled with an unidentified liquid inside the DJI box. I'm fighting with Amazon, I've been to the police to report the incident but they are not forthcoming with the refund. The box came wrapped in a celophane with an LPN sticker, acccording to Amazon uk and the seller of the drone this indicates that the package had previously been returned to Amazon. After opening the celophane I couln't get insde the DJI box, it was compeltey sealed so I ended up opening the underneath, that's when the bag fell out. I live in Spain so I used Amazon.es. their customer service is atrocious and at the moment they are refusing to refund my money. I wondered if anyone had heard of anything similar, I've never had an experience like this in my life and I'm not exactly young. There was a serial number on the box, would DJI be able to trace this? I need as much information as I can gather to be able to take action against Amazon. Any ideas or suggestions would be so wlecome as I am at my wits end. Thanks for listening!

2023-12-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Caveat Emptor.  This really is not DJI's fault.  Amazon needs to make it right.  Baring that, dispute with your credit card provider.
2023-12-16
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

They do not work like that in the US. They will refund you or replace with the same item immediately.  
2023-12-16
Use props
NobodyImportant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355030 ft
United States

A bag of liquid?  Any idea what it was?
2023-12-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NobodyImportant Posted at 12-16 18:32

Lol, I'm pretty sure nobody would try to figure out the actual composition of the liquid.  This is not a episode of CSI, and nobody I know would take a swig.
2023-12-16
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-16 16:15
They do not work like that in the US. They will refund you or replace with the same item immediately.

Sadly customer service in Spain is dreadful!.  Thought Amazon was different but they’re proving to be worse.
2023-12-16
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

NobodyImportant Posted at 12-16 18:32

It could be anything. I would never open it just incase. Think they must have used it to create the weight  of a drone. The box was smaller than I expected and I wish I knew about the LPN labels, I’d never have opened it.
2023-12-16
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

TonyPHX Posted at 12-16 20:03
Lol, I'm pretty sure nobody would try to figure out the actual composition of the liquid.  This is not a episode of CSI, and nobody I know would take a swig.

lol….i could do with a CSI investigation. Amazon haven’t even bothered to send me the return label they promised 2 weeks ago
2023-12-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yvonneordm Posted at 12-16 22:08
lol….i could do with a CSI investigation. Amazon haven’t even bothered to send me the return label they promised 2 weeks ago

Check the spam folder!  Amazon is good about sending those!!!
2023-12-17
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

TonyPHX Posted at 12-17 13:44
Check the spam folder!  Amazon is good about sending those!!!

Thanks Tony, I check my spam boxes everyday. Unfortunately Amazon have flatly refused to refund my money, It's so frustrating. They won't even reply to my questions regarding the LPN label.
2023-12-17
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

Thought I should update this post:

Amazon have refused to refund my money. I chatted to a DJI bot yesterday, they had more empathy and were more helpful (suppose it's because they can bend the truth) than Amazons customer service. They confirmed that the serial number was not fake and that the drone has not yet been registered to anyone.  In order to gain as much information as possible I asked them to confirm the box dimensions and weight. They said the box weighed 1600g, the box amazon sent me weighed 2.2kg? I sent this information to amazon and their reply was - It's possible that we do not reply to any messages related to this matter!

Someone has obviously manipulated thew package and stolen the drone together with the rest of the contents. Should I report the drone stolen to DJI in order for them to contact me should to prevent anyone else tries to register it? My concern is also if it's used for something illegal. This situation is causing me constant sleepless nights. Should I report the vendor or continue with my fight with Amazon??
2023-12-17
Use props
NobodyImportant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355030 ft
United States

Yvonneordm Posted at 12-17 23:52
Thought I should update this post:

Amazon have refused to refund my money. I chatted to a DJI bot yesterday, they had more empathy and were more helpful (suppose it's because they can bend the truth) than Amazons customer service. They confirmed that the serial number was not fake and that the drone has not yet been registered to anyone.  In order to gain as much information as possible I asked them to confirm the box dimensions and weight. They said the box weighed 1600g, the box amazon sent me weighed 2.2kg? I sent this information to amazon and their reply was - It's possible that we do not reply to any messages related to this matter!

On your last sentence, was the drone sold by Amazon or just delivered by Amazon.  

I don't think your right is with DJI, sounds like Amazon fraud either knowingly (their people took it) or unknowingly (false return) that they resold.  
2023-12-17
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

NobodyImportant Posted at 12-17 23:59
On your last sentence, was the drone sold by Amazon or just delivered by Amazon.  

I don't think your right is with DJI, sounds like Amazon fraud either knowingly (their people took it) or unknowingly (false return) that they resold.

I would like to stress this is not a complaint against DJI. Just a a warning to others. I am in contact with DJI as the information they can provide could help my case. The drone was sold by Quality Value Supplies and sent by Amazon. I have also contacted the company QVS, they said I should continue with my claims against Amazon, especially as there was an LPN returns label on the DJI box. I’m talking to a Notary at the moment, she has assured me that I judge would rule on my favour. I will continue to fight this as these cases of fraud need to be stopped.
2023-12-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yvonneordm Posted at 12-18 02:01
I would like to stress this is not a complaint against DJI. Just a a warning to others. I am in contact with DJI as the information they can provide could help my case. The drone was sold by Quality Value Supplies and sent by Amazon. I have also contacted the company QVS, they said I should continue with my claims against Amazon, especially as there was an LPN returns label on the DJI box. I’m talking to a Notary at the moment, she has assured me that I judge would rule on my favour. I will continue to fight this as these cases of fraud need to be stopped.

Next time you get something screwed up from Amazon, package it back up, and return it without saying a word.  Probably have a smooth return, and they can figure it out some other century.
2023-12-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Yvonne. This is horrible. Sorry to hear about your scam situation. I once had an issue with purchasing a used computer motherboard from Amazon. The seller indicated it was shipped, but if I remember correctly provided fake tracking number or never provided one. I contacted the seller on the phone, he told me sorry shipping is delayed, will ship tomorrow. He ended up never shipping it. I got a refund through Amazon claim online. The seller wrote to Amazon that I tried to harass him and that he shipped everything, but I just keep harassing him. But in the end I got the money back. Hope you get yours too. Take care, Mike.
2023-12-19
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

TonyPHX Posted at 12-19 07:32
Next time you get something screwed up from Amazon, package it back up, and return it without saying a word.  Probably have a smooth return, and they can figure it out some other century.

lol….but that  would mean some poor other person gets to go through what I’m going through!
I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and this has totally broken my trust in them.
2023-12-19
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

Mzp Posted at 12-19 07:55
Hi Yvonne. This is horrible. Sorry to hear about your scam situation. I once had an issue with purchasing a used computer motherboard from Amazon. The seller indicated it was shipped, but if I remember correctly provided fake tracking number or never provided one. I contacted the seller on the phone, he told me sorry shipping is delayed, will ship tomorrow. He ended up never shipping it. I got a refund through Amazon claim online. The seller wrote to Amazon that I tried to harass him and that he shipped everything, but I just keep harassing him. But in the end I got the money back. Hope you get yours too. Take care, Mike.

Thanks Mike! Glad to hear you got your money back. Amazon send more or less the same reply despite my efforts. I’m going to begin an Online Dispute Resolution with the European Commission and if they refuse to participate I’ll just have to get lawyers involved. They should not be allowed to get away with this. I saw Jeff Bezos kindly donated 110.000.000 dollars to protect the Congo basin. Maybe he could donate enough funds to improve his Spanish customer service and tighten restrictions to stop these fraudulent acts.
2023-12-19
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

2023-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never converse by phone unless you record it, check your phone bill for calls going to the other party.
If available written communication via the 'auction site's' own mail system is best, the auction site can probably access all communication.
That's what ebay does and they insist on ebay messaging etc.
2023-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yvonneordm Posted at 12-19 08:58
Thanks Mike! Glad to hear you got your money back. Amazon send more or less the same reply despite my efforts. I’m going to begin an Online Dispute Resolution with the European Commission and if they refuse to participate I’ll just have to get lawyers involved. They should not be allowed to get away with this. I saw Jeff Bezos kindly donated 110.000.000 dollars to protect the Congo basin. Maybe he could donate enough funds to improve his Spanish customer service and tighten restrictions to stop these fraudulent acts.

By any chance did you photograph or video opening everything. It provides a useful record of the condition of the packaging and what actually arrived. Though, of course, photos can be faked.
2023-12-19
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-19 13:36
Never converse by phone unless you record it, check your phone bill for calls going to the other party.
If available written communication via the 'auction site's' own mail system is best, the auction site can probably access all communication.
That's what ebay does and they insist on ebay messaging etc.

Thanks Sean, I have insisted on emailing Amazon so I have a trail of the  communications, I have also taken screen shots of other items that offer  proof that the package had been tampered with. I have phots as does  Amazon. I have conversations with the Vendor and he raised the question  about the returns sticker, he told me I had to continue with Amazon as  the product came from their warehouse. Since this has happened to me  I've read of lots of other cases like this. It seems to be Amazon's  policy, no wonder Jeff Bezos is one of the richest men in the world!
2023-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yvonneordm Posted at 12-19 23:50
Thanks Sean, I have insisted on emailing Amazon so I have a trail of the  communications, I have also taken screen shots of other items that offer  proof that the package had been tampered with. I have phots as does  Amazon. I have conversations with the Vendor and he raised the question  about the returns sticker, he told me I had to continue with Amazon as  the product came from their warehouse. Since this has happened to me  I've read of lots of other cases like this. It seems to be Amazon's  policy, no wonder Jeff Bezos is one of the richest men in the world!

It's great that you have a paper trail.
To be honest Amazon returns in the UK seem spot on, I've had to return a couple of items  and there were no great difficulties,
I suspect your problem is a Amazon Spain problem.
2023-12-20
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-20 02:40
It's great that you have a paper trail.
To be honest Amazon returns in the UK seem spot on, I've had to return a couple of items  and there were no great difficulties,
I suspect your problem is a Amazon Spain problem.
Most definitely. They don’t answer any questions, they just use template replies. When the vendor queried the LPN sticker on the cellophane wrapping I had to contact Amazon UK to get confirmation that this sticker is used when a product has been previously returned. I’ve sent various emails to Amazon Spain regarding this, they have never once deigned to respond. The worst customer experience I’ve ever encountered!
2023-12-20
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-19 13:36
That's what ebay does and they insist on ebay messaging etc.

You are right Sean. I got my money back on that, it was easy, but yes I see what you mean, thank you for the advise.
2023-12-22
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yvonneordm Posted at 12-19 08:58
Thanks Mike! Glad to hear you got your money back. Amazon send more or less the same reply despite my efforts. I’m going to begin an Online Dispute Resolution with the European Commission and if they refuse to participate I’ll just have to get lawyers involved. They should not be allowed to get away with this. I saw Jeff Bezos kindly donated 110.000.000 dollars to protect the Congo basin. Maybe he could donate enough funds to improve his Spanish customer service and tighten restrictions to stop these fraudulent acts.

Sure, you are welcome Yvonne, good luck with your case! I am now thinking to start video taping unpackaging of expensive packages I get, even though in US maybe this does not happen frequently, but still better to protect oneself. Good luck with your case, it is an expensive drone, they should definitely refund you.  It could have been easier to maybe repackage it back into the original packaging (not sure if it requires some sort of a machine for plastic wrapper) and send it back as a regular return. The only downside another customer would have ended up with the same problem down the line, maybe it's best to videotape unpackaging process...
2023-12-22
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

Mzp Posted at 12-22 07:21
Sure, you are welcome Yvonne, good luck with your case! I am now thinking to start video taping unpackaging of expensive packages I get, even though in US maybe this does not happen frequently, but still better to protect oneself. Good luck with your case, it is an expensive drone, they should definitely refund you.  It could have been easier to maybe repackage it back into the original packaging (not sure if it requires some sort of a machine for plastic wrapper) and send it back as a regular return. The only downside another customer would have ended up with the same problem down the line, maybe it's best to videotape unpackaging process...

Thanks! After my experience I would always advise anyone to not only video the opening of a package but also to have witnesses present. Since this has happened to me I’ve read many cases of this type of fraud. In the future I would only deal direct with the manufacturer or one of there official shops where you can go and talk to someone. This is truly one of the worst consumer experiences I’ve ever encountered. I am definitely going to try to get this out into the public because people really need to know what risks they are taking when they buy from Amazon.es
2023-12-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yvonneordm Posted at 12-23 00:29
Thanks! After my experience I would always advise anyone to not only video the opening of a package but also to have witnesses present. Since this has happened to me I’ve read many cases of this type of fraud. In the future I would only deal direct with the manufacturer or one of there official shops where you can go and talk to someone. This is truly one of the worst consumer experiences I’ve ever encountered. I am definitely going to try to get this out into the public because people really need to know what risks they are taking when they buy from Amazon.es

Sure, you are welcome Yvonne. Good luck to you in your pursuit of justice there. I hear you, definitely buying directly from DJI , you wouldn't have this issue. I have read in the news somewhere that Eastern Europe is plagued with what you describing when buying on Amazon. People getting boxes full of sand instead of the product they had ordered. Good luck to you once again!!!

Take care, Mike.
2023-12-27
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

Mzp Posted at 12-27 06:24
Sure, you are welcome Yvonne. Good luck to you in your pursuit of justice there. I hear you, definitely buying directly from DJI , you wouldn't have this issue. I have read in the news somewhere that Eastern Europe is plagued with what you describing when buying on Amazon. People getting boxes full of sand instead of the product they had ordered. Good luck to you once again!!!

Take care, Mike.

Thanks Mike. It’s dreadful, since it’s happened to me I’ve been on many forums and lots of people have been describing similar experiences. Sadly Amazon is turning it’s back on their loyal customers and allowing this to continue. The European Commission needs to do more to protect their citizens. Amazons fraudulent practices are not widely known. This should be published in the mainstream papers to make people aware of the risks they take. The only reason I chose to buy the drone through Amazon was because I’ve never had a problem with them & I felt secure buying from them. How wrong was I…?! Luckily DJI assistance are being really helpful. I hope to get this sorted so I can purchase a drone through their website.
2023-12-28
Use props
Yvonneordm
lvl.2

Spain

Hi all, wanted to wish everyone a Happy 2024 and to give you a quick update the situation. After filing a complaint with the European Online Dispute Resolution Amazon has agreed to refund my money. I'd like to thank you all for your support and  DJI customer service for their assistance, they have been wonderful even though I didn't buy the drone directly through them. As soon as I get the money back I will make the purchase directly via DJI. Cheers everyone!
1-8 22:59
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yvonneordm Posted at 1-8 22:59
Hi all, wanted to wish everyone a Happy 2024 and to give you a quick update the situation. After filing a complaint with the European Online Dispute Resolution Amazon has agreed to refund my money. I'd like to thank you all for your support and  DJI customer service for their assistance, they have been wonderful even though I didn't buy the drone directly through them. As soon as I get the money back I will make the purchase directly via DJI. Cheers everyone!

Good news.
1-9 00:51
Use props
NYC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20169501 ft
United States

Yvonneordm Posted at 1-8 22:59
Hi all, wanted to wish everyone a Happy 2024 and to give you a quick update the situation. After filing a complaint with the European Online Dispute Resolution Amazon has agreed to refund my money. I'd like to thank you all for your support and  DJI customer service for their assistance, they have been wonderful even though I didn't buy the drone directly through them. As soon as I get the money back I will make the purchase directly via DJI. Cheers everyone!

That's great news. I think that shows someone committing fraud probably wouldn't go through as much trouble as you. congrats!
1-18 18:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules