Avoidance sensors and power lines
878 5 2023-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xk5PdX1sbhlS
lvl.1
United States

Hi all.  Brand new to DJI and drones in general.

I just got my Mini 3 Pro and have been experimenting with it around my home.  

I have multiple power lines near my property and I was curious if the avoidance sensors are sensitive enough to detect them and cause the drone to avoid them.

I have it set to fly around obstacles at the moment but wanted to get some real world input from folks.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We advise taking more precautions when flying over thin or small surfaces as the vision system might not be able to detect it properly. You can refer to the image below:

Here is the link for the User Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.6_EN.pdf. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-16
Use props
djiuser_lfFxlMx5gLdu
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-16 20:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We advise taking more precautions when flying over thin or small surfaces as the vision system might not be able to detect it properly. You can refer to the image below:
[view_image]
Here is the link for the User Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/20230328/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_User_Manual_v1.6_EN.pdf. Have a great day ahead.

The last one got me .... thin tree branches are the worst. same with wires and power lines etc. - please do not expect the drone to be able to detect it.
2023-12-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I would say that considering how object detection work, cables like small tree branches are invisible to the drone... If I remember correctly, there has to be a percentage of pixels before the camera detects a variation...
2023-12-17
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

They use 2 cameras to sense parallax between pictures. This suggests horizontal objects (like powerlines) are sort of invisible.
2023-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unlikely, but there is a chance if its going slow enough and on the same level as the sensors, its an outside chance!

If seen at least one P4P get taken out by an invisible power line
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules