12Next >
6126 52 2023-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danveal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Starting from January 1, 2024, all drones flying in the specific category in the EU must be equipped with Remote ID (DRI), the same one that the Mavic 3 and AIr 3 transmit in the Open Category.
Since the transmission protocol is very similar to the FAA Remote ID and the Mavic 2 has been updated to the FAA Remote ID, can DJI please also add the EASA Remote ID to the Mavic 2?

2023-12-17
Use props
sergio76x
lvl.2

Italy

Is also necessary the same update for Air 2S model that's still widely used
2023-12-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think RID has been enabled for the M2P & controllers via  firmware updates but you may also need to update the app. Unless of course the EU want their own flavour of RID.
2023-12-17
Use props
Danveal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-17 06:27
I think RID has been enabled for the M2P & controllers via  firmware updates but you may also need to update the app. Unless of course the EU want their own flavour of RID.

Unfortunately the FAA RID is similar but different from the EASA DRI. In Europe you need DRI (Direct Remote Identification) the same that Mavic 3 and Air 3 transmit when they fly in Europe as C1.  
The M2P has been updated to US RID but does not have EU DRI
2023-12-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahhh Humphrey Appleby, or his equivalent, strikes again
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback. We will forward your concern to our relevant team for awareness. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sergio76x Posted at 12-17 02:59
Is also necessary the same update for Air 2S model that's still widely used

Thank you for your additional input. Rest assured that we continuously forwarding the related feedback regarding this matter. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates.
2023-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im curious to why remote id on the Mavic 2 helps,  it would still be limited to the A3 category
2023-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 12-18 02:11
Im curious to why remote id on the Mavic 2 helps,  it would still be limited to the A3 category
M2 has flightplan waypoint feature which is very powerful comparing to new consumer drone. Coupled with the good quality sensor it is a perfect machine for light photogrammetry and inspection job where sometimes BVLOS is required. Behind trees, behind building...

Therefore specific category... RID mandatory from 01/2024
2023-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-18 02:19
M2 has flightplan waypoint feature which is very powerful comparing to new consumer drone. Coupled with the good quality sensor it is a perfect machine for light photogrammetry and inspection job where sometimes BVLOS is required. Behind trees, behind building...

Therefore specific category... RID mandatory from 01/2024

Thanks,  I completely missed the mention of the specific category.
2023-12-18
Use props
AjayF
lvl.1

United States

So will I be able to use my Mavic 2 pro in Norway in January 2024?
2023-12-18
Use props
Drone Up
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093333 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So DJI, just taking a look at the official DJI website...not any news regarding the EASA-Remote ID for the P4pv2.
We're flying in the Specific Cat. and one of our tools is the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.
In about 8 days, RID will be obliged in Europe.
The last firmware for this aircraft was released on 23-11-2023 including remote ID for the US....
So our question DJI: will there be an update next week for this aircraft in favour of Europe...!?!?!

2023-12-22
Use props
fosko
lvl.3

Spain

Hello, yes, it would be very interesting to update the AIR2S to the EASA RID standards, it is a widely used drone and I especially use it for photogrammetry in cities, since the new drones do not have and it does not seem that they will have the released SDK It is my work tool, please update it
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fosko Posted at 12-23 10:23
Hello, yes, it would be very interesting to update the AIR2S to the EASA RID standards, it is a widely used drone and I especially use it for photogrammetry in cities, since the new drones do not have and it does not seem that they will have the released SDK It is my work tool, please update it

We understand the importance of the said request. I'll make sure your feedback will reach the related department to evaluate this. Keep in touch by visiting the DJI Official website for any updates. Have a nice day.
2023-12-23
Use props
fansa2d4a99a
lvl.1

Portugal

fosko Posted at 12-23 10:23

ola bom dia , tambem faco o mesmo com o meu air 2s e estou preocupado
2023-12-27
Use props
Drone Up
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093333 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Drone Up Posted at 12-22 08:20
So DJI, just taking a look at the official DJI website...not any news regarding the EASA-Remote ID for the P4pv2.
We're flying in the Specific Cat. and one of our tools is the DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.
In about 8 days, RID will be obliged in Europe.

Is it possible for one of the moderators to give a reaction concerning the RID EASA for the Phantom 4 (Pro v2) ?

Thanks!
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_GvR9b6yUdkXe
New
Czechia

Hello,
In Europe starting 1.1.2024, all drones (including C0 drones) operated in “Specific” category have to transmit EASA-compatible remote ID. Would be possible to enable it for Mini 4 Pro, or Mini 4 Pro is completely useless for operating in “Specific” category?

Thank you!
2023-12-29
Use props
Saygone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53297 ft
Poland

djiuser_GvR9b6yUdkXe Posted at 12-29 04:50
Hello,
In Europe starting 1.1.2024, all drones (including C0 drones) operated in “Specific” category have to transmit EASA-compatible remote ID. Would be possible to enable it for Mini 4 Pro, or Mini 4 Pro is completely useless for operating in “Specific” category?

Will see... but there is still a chance that we will need to buy external device and attach it to our drones.
2023-12-31
Use props
SDFR31
lvl.1

France

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-12-17 22:27
Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback. We will forward your concern to our relevant team for awareness. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,

Until 2 weeks ago, I was not aware of the EU remote ID requirements for all drones flying in specific category, including national scenarios such as in France, no matter the max take-off weight.
I just found this conversation on the forum.

What is the DJI roadmap to provide EU Remote ID in the coming weeks on existing drones?
I don't know the technical details but it seems not so far from USA remote ID requirements. DJI retrofitted a large number of drones with FAA RID, why not in EU and not on time?

I've been flying a Mini 3 pro for some time under French professional scenarios. Considering the additional STS requirements now applicable to these national scenarios since Jan 1st 2024 (namely the RID, as confirmed by both EASA & French Airworthiness authorities), one cannot any longer fly such a drone under said scenarios. Meaning I can no longer carry out a mission with this drone in special areas.
This will be the same for any DJI drone not broadcasting a EU RID, and that amounts to a lot of UAVs...

Please let us know what's to be expected and when
Thanks
SD
1-9 00:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SDFR31 Posted at 1-9 00:36
Hi,

Until 2 weeks ago, I was not aware of the EU remote ID requirements for all drones flying in specific category, including national scenarios such as in France, no matter the max take-off weight.

Hello, there. Thank you for your input. Please allow me to check if there's an update regarding this matter with our corresponding team.
1-12 03:55
Use props
Saygone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53297 ft
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-12 03:55
Hello, there. Thank you for your input. Please allow me to check if there's an update regarding this matter with our corresponding team.

Hey, by any chance any news here?
1-16 03:20
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

On the United States I think that the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom has the remote ID enabled. So if DJI doesn't incorporates it on Europe it just for a marketing decission.
1-16 10:51
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Saygone Posted at 1-16 03:20

Hello. We're still waiting for the latest feedback regarding this matter. Resta assured that any latest feedback will be forwarded here. Thank you for your understanding.
1-17 03:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SDFR31 Posted at 1-9 00:36
Hi,

Update: Please rest assured that your drone can fly compliantly in A1 and A3 environments and does not need to apply for a label. There is no plan for mini 3 p to have an RID function, as the model is not C1-3 qualified. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
1-18 02:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Saygone Posted at 1-16 03:20

Hello, there. We've received the feedback from our relevant team. For your reference, you may check the latest information on post #24. Thank you for your support.
1-18 02:30
Use props
patrikr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286073 ft
Czechia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 02:28
Update: Please rest assured that your drone can fly compliantly in A1 and A3 environments and does not need to apply for a label. There is no plan for mini 3 p to have an RID function, as the model is not C1-3 qualified. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.

No, you actually can't fly it without Remote ID... It's not cool at all from DJI, since the Mavic 2 Pro and some other models are practically banned in the EU from 2024 onwards.
1-18 11:55
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

Like the Air 2, DJI has aleready confirmed that the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom isn't going to have C-labeling in Europe and I really doubt that they were planning to open the remote ID.
1-19 00:11
Use props
MaddionMax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254390 ft
Hungary

Fozando Posted at 1-19 00:11
Like the Air 2, DJI has aleready confirmed that the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom isn't going to have C-labeling in Europe and I really doubt that they were planning to open the remote ID.

Where confirmed???
1-19 06:55
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

On DJI's official facebook acount:

1-19 09:28
Use props
GMICH
New

Greece

is there something new about the firmware of P4P V2 so that it can broadcast DRI(EASA) ? The way it does for FAA broadcasts?
1-20 13:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

patrikr Posted at 1-18 11:55
No, you actually can't fly it without Remote ID... It's not cool at all from DJI, since the Mavic 2 Pro and some other models are practically banned in the EU from 2024 onwards.

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. As for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro, sorry, you cannot apply for the Cx certification for the drone. However, you can fly it in the A3 environment. To learn more, you may visit this link. Thank you for your understanding.
1-21 03:30
Use props
jonasm1990
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-18 02:28

In the CTR in Belgium the mini 3 (and other mini uas) need to have RID or we can never fly in a CTR (40% of Belgium).
1-28 10:57
Use props
fans04b2ffc8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212119 ft
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-21 03:30
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. As for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro, sorry, you cannot apply for the Cx certification for the drone. However, you can fly it in the A3 environment. To learn more, you may visit this link. Thank you for your understanding.

Dear Gamora,

The problem is not a CE class for the legacy drones. We know that class marks are required for products that enter the market today,. We also already know that we can still fly in A1 with a legacy <250g drone, and in A3 with a legacy >250g drone such as the Mavic 2. However from 1 January 2024 all drones operating in the specific category are required to operate with an active and up-to-date remote identification system. Without EASA drone ID, those machines are not allowed to fly in those professional environments, that's the problem!
Since FAA drone remote ID system has been implemented with a firmware update even on legacy machines, why DJI in not adding the same feature for EU standards and regulations? Is that not possible for technical reasons (and if so, why?) or it's just a marketing choice, to sell us new drones?
2-2 02:43
Use props
MaddionMax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254390 ft
Hungary

Big silence...any update about C2?
2-4 10:49
Use props
fans2fc1ae58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115574 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-23 21:11
We understand the importance of the said request. I'll make sure your feedback will reach the related department to evaluate this. Keep in touch by visiting the DJI Official website for any updates. Have a nice day.

I have an additional issue.  My US-based Air 2S has the Remote ID "baked in" to the aircraft.  I need to be able to change that, so I can enter an EU-specific identifier when flying in Europe.  The field is not changeable, however I have seen videos on YouTube where European operators can enter in their specific I.
2-4 13:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2fc1ae58 Posted at 2-4 13:41
I have an additional issue.  My US-based Air 2S has the Remote ID "baked in" to the aircraft.  I need to be able to change that, so I can enter an EU-specific identifier when flying in Europe.  The field is not changeable, however I have seen videos on YouTube where European operators can enter in their specific I.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The drone will not broadcast an FAA Remote ID signal when it leaves the US. Have a nice day.
2-5 00:24
Use props
fans2fc1ae58
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 00:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The drone will not broadcast an FAA Remote ID signal when it leaves the US. Have a nice day.

That is helpful information, but I still appears I cannot change the Remote Id entry to my EU drone operator ID(?)
2-5 09:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2fc1ae58 Posted at 2-5 09:48
That is helpful information, but I still appears I cannot change the Remote Id entry to my EU drone operator ID(?)

Hi. Let me forward this to the relevant team to check. I will get back to this as soon as they respond. Thank you for your patience.
2-6 02:14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2fc1ae58 Posted at 2-5 09:48

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. Based on the related team, It is not possible. Do you still have the link from the video you saw showing European operators who can enter their RID for us to confirm?
2-7 01:18
Use props
fans2fc1ae58
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 01:18
Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. Based on the related team, It is not possible. Do you still have the link from the video you saw showing European operators who can enter their RID for us to confirm?

Thanks for your follow up.  Here's an example:

I think the issue may be that Air 2S needs an update to enable entry of Remote ID.
2-7 14:45
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules