Unbinding remote from account without drone?
1936 8 2023-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221886 ft
Indonesia

Hi. A relative of mine lost their Mini 2 and is now looking to sell the controller and the rest of the fly more combo. I'm wondering if unbinding can still be done if the drone itself is lost? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.
2023-12-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it can. post 2 https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=289909
2023-12-17
Use props
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Indonesia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-17 06:10
Yes it can. post 2 https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=289909

Can the unbinding process be done through the DJI Fly app (unbinding normally) or do I need to contact customer support to get it done?
2023-12-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Through the app.  

The APP MUST be connected to the internet.

2023-12-17
Use props
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Indonesia

So in short, i don't need to contact support or anything to unbind and sell a controller of a lost drone? Thanks in advance
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Yes, you can unbind without the drone. Please log in to the DJI Fly app using the bound account and then go to Profile- Settings- Account Binding - Remove account. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-18
Use props
aerosw1ft
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 00:24
Hi there. Yes, you can unbind without the drone. Please log in to the DJI Fly app using the bound account and then go to Profile- Settings- Account Binding - Remove account. Have a great day ahead.

Hi there, thanks for the answer. I'm now wondering if I should unbind the controller (and therefore the drone) before selling it, or should I just leave it be?

Will the new owner of the controller be able to connect it to their drone if I don't unbind it?
2023-12-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aerosw1ft Posted at 12-18 11:09
Hi there, thanks for the answer. I'm now wondering if I should unbind the controller (and therefore the drone) before selling it, or should I just leave it be?

Will the new owner of the controller be able to connect it to their drone if I don't unbind it?

If you do not unbind the controller they should be able to connect the controller to a drone but I think they will be allowed ONLY 5 flights and then the controller will be useless until it is unbound.
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

aerosw1ft Posted at 12-18 11:09

Hello. You may consider unbinding your account for the new owner to use it properly. Please refer to Sean-bumble-bee's suggestion. Have a nice day.
2023-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules