DJI MAVIC 2 PRO EASA RID
670 4 2023-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beltipo
lvl.1

Italy

Hello all,

i live in Italy (Europe), and fly a Mavic 2 Pro under the EASA rules. From the 1st of January an id remote will be mandatory to flight  drones: is there any upgrade software that can help us in Europe? The Firmware 797 is not downloadable on my mavic (i suppose is for the US market only).

Hope someone can help.
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Beltipo. Thank you for reaching out. There is no firmware upgrade for the Mavic 2 Pro for remote ID compliance in Europe yet. Currently, the DJI Air 3, DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Inspire 3, are the only ones that are remote ID compliant in Europe. We will forward your concern to the related team to provide feedback. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-19
Use props
FrankFux
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-19 00:24
Hi, Beltipo. Thank you for reaching out. There is no firmware upgrade for the Mavic 2 Pro for remote ID compliance in Europe yet. Currently, the DJI Air 3, DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Inspire 3, are the only ones that are remote ID compliant in Europe. We will forward your concern to the related team to provide feedback. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks Tony,

doeas this mean that the Mavic HW supports RID for EASA operation in the EU, and need to be enabled via software upgrade (as done for FAA)? I would be happy to hear I need to wait a couple of months (hopefully) instead of buying an additional add on transponder to become RID compliant.
1-22 10:03
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

FrankFux Posted at 1-22 10:03
Thanks Tony,

doeas this mean that the Mavic HW supports RID for EASA operation in the EU, and need to be enabled via software upgrade (as done for FAA)? I would be happy to hear I need to wait a couple of months (hopefully) instead of buying an additional add on transponder to become RID compliant.

Let's see if DJI finally introduces the remote ID in Europe for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, but until the moment the info that we have is this...

1-22 22:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FrankFux Posted at 1-22 10:03
Thanks Tony,

doeas this mean that the Mavic HW supports RID for EASA operation in the EU, and need to be enabled via software upgrade (as done for FAA)? I would be happy to hear I need to wait a couple of months (hopefully) instead of buying an additional add on transponder to become RID compliant.

Hi, Frankfux. There is no announcement yet. We are more than glad to forward your feedback to the relevant team. Any news and updates will be announced officially on the DJI official website. Thank you.
1-23 01:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules