Poll/Survey: DJI Drone gimbal steering using Oculus VR-Headset
586 4 2023-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#whoami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3780 ft

Austria

Dear forum members! As a part of a school diploma project our group is working on a solution to control the camera of DJI drones through Oculus (Meta) Quest VR-Glasses using head tilt and rotation. We need your feedback as pilots to see if our product could be useful and what the target group might look like. These anonymous statistics will later go into a thesis. You can learn more about the project from the survey at the link. It will take no more than 2 minutes to complete and we would love to receive a feedback from you: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-V9QLBRiFpB8tJRofNCn8oEe00-lR5yXqIOSMvO32tPyBrw/viewform?usp=sf_link

2023-12-18
Use props
#whoami
lvl.1

Austria

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-18 15:57
First you need to determine if the Oculus Quest VR Glasses are even compatible with DJI drones.  My hunch is they will only be compatible with DJI drones that provide HDMI out from the RC.  As to controlling the drone camera from the Oculus Glasses via Head Tracking, that would be limited to DJI drones that offer an SDK for third-party access to control the hardware.  These constraints will limit your potential user base.

You are right about being limited by the SDK. This is the reason why I wrote (most) DJI drones in the poll description. Oculus glasses cannot be directly connected to the remote, that's why we develop 2 apps for both the VR and phone make this possible. I don't want to go too deep into the details, we just need your feedback on the concept and we will give our best in the implementation
2023-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could use the poll feature on the forum.
2023-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

This function was great with the naza-M V2 which we could put in course lock and Fatshark google with IMU incuded. Wiring the pan tilt was super simple.

For me it was useful for formation flying.

2.JPG

2023-12-19
Use props
#whoami
lvl.1

Austria

Unfortunately, after almost a month we didn't receive a single vote. This will be the first and last "bump", your feedback is very important. Thanks.
1-8 12:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules