388 6 2023-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ptmusicbox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121562 ft
Portugal

Hi everyone

I have a Mini 2 for a year now and I'm having an issue related to its gimbal (might be the gimbal idk).

The problem is that everytime I go fly I always have to manually calibrate the gimbal after takoff, because I get the horizon unleveled right after flying for a short period.

Also noticed that during the flight I see the horizon getting unleveled while maneuvering and then it slowly gets leveled when hovering.
I've checked the RC/drone firmwares, DJI app, everything is updated. Also have done the IMU/compass/gimbal auto calibration a couple of times with no success.
I see some people also having this kind of issue with their Mini.

My question is if there's any fix for this or should I open a repair application? It still got a year left of warranty.

Thank you very much in advance!

2023-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deleted no longer needed.
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please upload the original video file showing the issue so we can check it further. Please follow the solution below to see if there are any changes:

1. First check the wind velocity in the flight environment: The stabilization effect will be affected by strong wind. We recommend changing to another environment or waiting for some time before taking off again.
2. Please check with the control sticks: If the control stick is pushed with too much force, the aircraft speed will be high, which reduces the stabilization effect. It is recommended to push the control stick gently.
3. Please check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed. If there is any damage and deformation, it is recommended to replace the propellers. Verify that the two propellers on the same motor have the same batch number. Please use two propellers with the same batch number.
4. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware
2023-12-20
Use props
ptmusicbox
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-20 00:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please upload the original video file showing the issue so we can check it further. Please follow the solution below to see if there are any changes:

1. First check the wind velocity in the flight environment: The stabilization effect will be affected by strong wind. We recommend changing to another environment or waiting for some time before taking off again.

Hi there Paladin
Thanks for the answer.

1. Related to the wind speed, I have a personal limit which is around 30kph of wind gusts because of the fear I have of a flyaway or damaging it, but having the Mini 2 a Level 5 resistance that won't be a problem I think, as it is rated to a maximum of 38kph if I'm not wrong.
Also didn't have any "strong wind" alert while flying and noticing the horizon tilt issues.

2. OK yes, I understand what you're saying. Well, I'm not an expert with drone footage but I've already seen a few videos on YT with tips about how to fly smooth and create some good vids, that might not be the problem here. I also tested with Cine and Normal modes, if that matters.

3. All propellers installed are the original ones that came with the drone (same batch numbers). After a visual inspection I can't see any deformation, nicks, dents or any other kind of "major" damage. What I can only see is a tiny lack of paint or erosion at the tip of a pair of blades (FWD LH). Haven't noticed anything different with flying though, but I don't know if this might be related to the real issue (horizon tilt). Got my doubts! Or is it?

4. Installed the DJI Assistant 2 and did the refresh of the last FW.

I'll replace the pair of blades I mentioned for some new ones I have from the combo kit and test it at the next opportunity.

Thanks once again
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ptmusicbox Posted at 12-20 03:32
Hi there Paladin
Thanks for the answer.

We appreciate your response. After you replace the propellers and have a test flight but still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-22
Use props
ptmusicbox
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-22 01:13
We appreciate your response. After you replace the propellers and have a test flight but still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.

Hi again!
Blades replaced and all others were also checked again just to make sure they're tightened.
Going to do some test flights next week (hope the weather permits) to reevaluate this issue and return here to give a feedback.
The ticket you mention is using the "Request Repair Service Online" option?

Thanks
2023-12-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ptmusicbox Posted at 12-22 02:36
Hi again!
Blades replaced and all others were also checked again just to make sure they're tightened.
Going to do some test flights next week (hope the weather permits) to reevaluate this issue and return here to give a feedback.

Thank you for keeping us posted. You may post the result here after you perform the test flight. Yes, once you decide to send the unit to us, you may request a repair service for you to have the details on how to send the unit to us. We appreciate your understanding.  
2023-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules