592 11 2023-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I could not resist the sale price of the Avata.  30% off.  First time flying with the pistol grip, and it was very easy to learn.  This is a video of my 1st flight.

2023-12-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool first flight.    Seems like you mastered the pistol grip rather quickly.  Congrats on getting the Avata and at a good price also.  
2023-12-21
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-21 03:33
Very cool first flight.    Seems like you mastered the pistol grip rather quickly.  Congrats on getting the Avata and at a good price also.

Thanks very much, Captain DowntownRDB.  The pistol was easy to get used to.  I still need to try the joystick to go straight up and down and left and right.  It's also nice to use when it's cold out with a thin glove on.
Have a Merry Christmas.
2023-12-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 12-21 06:48
Thanks very much, Captain DowntownRDB.  The pistol was easy to get used to.  I still need to try the joystick to go straight up and down and left and right.  It's also nice to use when it's cold out with a thin glove on.
Have a Merry Christmas.

You're very welcome.  Nice that you can use a thin glove on cold days.  You also have a Merry Christmas.
2023-12-21
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

You made it look easy, great first flight.
2023-12-24
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

2sticks Posted at 2023-12-24 15:13
You made it look easy, great first flight.

Thanks very much, 2sticks.  I must say though I have flown a few other FPV drones before.
1-5 12:02
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice, for sure the Avata is a steal at the discounted price.  A lot of MC2 haters but I find it quite enjoyable.  How convenient that you can sit on your front porch and fly around the neighborhood; with that kind of daily practice by next summer, you'll be flying around the *entire* neighborhood in sport mode with the trigger fully depressed for the entire flight.  .

I too don't think it is disrespectable to fly above and in and around your neighbor's houses unless they have told you otherwise or unless they are out and about you could just keep your distance.  Other than the noise, the Avata is pretty harmless and far from being a "dangerous" drone.  The FOV on the goggles are not the best so you if you cross the street under 6 feet, gotta look both ways.  ;)  I gotta say I don't use the joystick much other than takeoff/landing and I haven't really needed to use the reverse either.  I'm definitely in the market for Avata 2 when it comes out.

FYI, my best accessory is adding these lights (good for both daytime and nightime):  
1-5 14:57
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-5 14:57
Very nice, for sure the Avata is a steal at the discounted price.  A lot of MC2 haters but I find it quite enjoyable.  How convenient that you can sit on your front porch and fly around the neighborhood; with that kind of daily practice by next summer, you'll be flying around the *entire* neighborhood in sport mode with the trigger fully depressed for the entire flight.  .

I too don't think it is disrespectable to fly above and in and around your neighbor's houses unless they have told you otherwise or unless they are out and about you could just keep your distance.  Other than the noise, the Avata is pretty harmless and far from being a "dangerous" drone.  The FOV on the goggles are not the best so you if you cross the street under 6 feet, gotta look both ways.  ;)  I gotta say I don't use the joystick much other than takeoff/landing and I haven't really needed to use the reverse either.  I'm definitely in the market for Avata 2 when it comes out.

Thanks very much, Captain Saint.  I'll have to give the lights a try as where I live it gets dark very early (4:30 pm).  As far as my neighbors go they didn't say a thing when I flew this beast out of the backyard.  This was from nine years ago.
1-5 16:19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 1-5 16:19
Thanks very much, Captain Saint.  I'll have to give the lights a try as where I live it gets dark very early (4:30 pm).  As far as my neighbors go they didn't say a thing when I flew this beast out of the backyard.  This was from nine years ago.
https://youtu.be/awUgel5-eU8?si=vkR5ZxbzvcpVw3lv

That's awesome, always good to have nice neighbors like that.  I could never get away with it, the Avata is too loud and the FPV screams too much which is why I always have to leave home to fly.  They would call the police for sure.  
1-5 17:57
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats.
Hope you are having fun with it!
1-29 03:59
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 1-29 03:59
Congrats.
Hope you are having fun with it!

I hope too.  Sadly we've had a stint of -40°C weather so I'm going to try a little indoor flying.
1-29 13:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 1-29 13:19
I hope too.  Sadly we've had a stint of -40°C weather so I'm going to try a little indoor flying.

Oh wow, that is quite intense.
We have not had much cold this winter.
1-29 23:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules