Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

towheaded-pilot1 Posted at 12-21 16:02
So every youtube video talked and did a demo on the new features for the mine 4. But it seems one thing has been left out which no one seem to be talking about. RID! Has anyone who updated to this firmware tested this to see RID is not active when not using the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus?

* Added support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.

This is definitely activated with a Plus Battery... I had this happen when I was using the Goggles 2 as my phone wasn't tethered and it won't allow you to take off uness you tether your phone so the Goggles knows its GPS location (bit daft when you consider the drone has GPS...):
2023-12-21
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-21 22:51
Does the UK require Remote ID?

Not yet but it's coming in 2026 - for all camera drones including legacy models.
2023-12-21
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

FWIW my FW update failed 3 times over wifi despite a gigabit LAN and fully charged batteries (and never previously failing) but went OK after USB connecting to DJI Assistant 2.
2023-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trainee Posted at 12-22 00:25
FWIW my FW update failed 3 times over wifi despite a gigabit LAN and fully charged batteries (and never previously failing) but went OK after USB connecting to DJI Assistant 2.

Perhaps the DJI servers aren't as well connected to the internet as you are.
2023-12-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-21 21:40
vision assist is the only thing drawing me to upgrade again,  I just wish they would add that to the Mini 3 Pro but we know its not going to happen.

I'd love to see Vision Assist on the Mini 3 Pro but you're right as I don't see DJI adding that capability.  Just another reason to get people to update to the Mini 4.
2023-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-22 03:47
I'd love to see Vision Assist on the Mini 3 Pro but you're right as I don't see DJI adding that capability.  Just another reason to get people to update to the Mini 4.

Im not sure I like the RID enabling though automatically if you use a plus battery now.  
2023-12-22
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

JJB* Posted at 12-21 06:24
Did the Update via WIFI (and yes i have a solid wifi at my home)

What a nerve breaking exercise !!  Few times the circle stopped at 40 and 70 %.....for long time, but ....at the end it reached 100%

Yes was the longest update process I recall It seems to have cleaned things up nicely afterward.
2023-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You know what, the main reason for VLOS is because you cannot see the surroundings from the drone, well, Vision Assist should now effectively allow you to do this and better than a manned flight as that cannot look directly behind
2023-12-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just had a flight with this firmware!

I was unpleasantly surprised ; not only is the bottom vision sensor disabled BUT ALL SENSORS, so no obstacle avoidance.

Wish DJI had split this option in 2 seperate options
  • only disable IR and Vision sensor
  • disable all sensors (like it is now)

• to prevent unwanted autolanding due to false readings of the IR sensor ( FOG, wet sensor ect)
  • to make hand catching on moving object possible

cheers
JJB

2023-12-22
Use props
u77d01
lvl.3
United States

There are some interesting implications to this battery/RID situation:

1) If RID only activates on plus batteries, and doesn't stay enabled when non-plus batteries are then used later, this effectively provides an "under 250g recreational use switch".

2) If a user plans to use their Mini 4 Pro in a commercial context, they had better be sure to be using a Plus battery that activates RID.

3) An obvious question is whether this same behavior takes place with the Mini 3 batteries when used with the Mini 4. That is, does use of the standard Mini 3 battery leave RID off, but use of the Mini 3 Plus battery turn RID on, as with the Mini 4 Plus battery?

2023-12-22
Use props
djiuser_EP3EMAWA2yY6
New

United States

Just did the update and now mini motors won't turn on
2023-12-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 05:54
Im not sure I like the RID enabling though automatically if you use a plus battery now.

Not much we can do as no Litchi is available so we are stuck with what DJI dictates.
2023-12-23
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360505 ft
United States

djiuser_EP3EMAWA2yY6 Posted at 12-23 11:20
Just did the update and now mini motors won't turn on

Did you update DJI fly too? the update requires the updated DJI fly.
2023-12-23
Use props
ollie7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

After the update, the live video transfer was no longer as smooth as before. I restarted the M4P and RC2 and it worked better, but I have the feeling that there are some few stutters every now and then.
Has anyone noticed anything similar?
2023-12-23
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI, I noticed something while trying out the new auto mode for active shots 360. When I have a screen shot running, and begin the active shot, by default the stop button for the active shot is covered up by the screenshot recording time and stop button. Neither one worked while the were on top of one another, so had to hit the brake button on the controller before the drone got too close to a tree. I was able to move the screenshot recording time/stop across the screen out of the way for the duration of the screen recording, but with each new recording it reappeared on top of the stop button for the  active shot. Maybe a tweak to have it initially appear just above the active shot controls on the controller screen is in order for the next update.
Also after my 15 minutes of messing around with the new auto active shot feature, which was very cool by the way, I noticed my AR homepoint was dissapearing and reappearing on the edge of the screen. When I directed the drones camera to my homepoint, it wasn't showing the yellow H and dot on my homepoint. I landed and restarted the drone and controller, took off and flew a ways away, directed the drones camera to the home point and it was now displaying the yellow H and dot on the homepoint, so things were back to normal, and I allowed the drone to return to home and land on the pad on its own, which it did an excellent job of in the low light conditions I was flying in. Having the controller display a bright yellow H and dot where I am standing is one of the the most useful innovations I've seen in a DJI product. Not so in my opinion for the camera view through the vision sensors, lol.  Its very gimmicky, and did nothing but clutter up the control panel. Also both times I swiped to get rid of it, it the live view  from the drone dissapeared as well, not good. Perhaps a nice blue slide button in settings to disable it for those like myself that will look at it once to check it out and then never use it again could be added in the next update.
Overall a great bunch of additions to an already amazing drone and controller. My next purchase is the motion controller and a set of goggles!
2023-12-23
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-23 18:12
DJI, I noticed something while trying out the new auto mode for active shots 360. When I have a screen shot running, and begin the active shot, by default the stop button for the active shot is covered up by the screenshot recording time and stop button. Neither one worked while the were on top of one another, so had to hit the brake button on the controller before the drone got too close to a tree. I was able to move the screenshot recording time/stop across the screen out of the way for the duration of the screen recording, but with each new recording it reappeared on top of the stop button for the  active shot. Maybe a tweak to have it initially appear just above the active shot controls on the controller screen is in order for the next update.
Also after my 15 minutes of messing around with the new auto active shot feature, which was very cool by the way, I noticed my AR homepoint was dissapearing and reappearing on the edge of the screen. When I directed the drones camera to my homepoint, it wasn't showing the yellow H and dot on my homepoint. I landed and restarted the drone and controller, took off and flew a ways away, directed the drones camera to the home point and it was now displaying the yellow H and dot on the homepoint, so things were back to normal, and I allowed the drone to return to home and land on the pad on its own, which it did an excellent job of in the low light conditions I was flying in. Having the controller display a bright yellow H and dot where I am standing is one of the the most useful innovations I've seen in a DJI product. Not so in my opinion for the camera view through the vision sensors, lol.  Its very gimmicky, and did nothing but clutter up the control panel. Also both times I swiped to get rid of it, it the live view  from the drone dissapeared as well, not good. Perhaps a nice blue slide button in settings to disable it for those like myself that will look at it once to check it out and then never use it again could be added in the next update.
Overall a great bunch of additions to an already amazing drone and controller. My next purchase is the motion controller and a set of goggles!

I notice some weird stuff with the home H not being there too. I also notice it takes a super long time for the map view to show my location. I start out somewhere in Africa and it does not ever find me unless I hit the map even then it takes a long time if I go to the full screen map it locks on pretty fast. Also the pop up "check list" before starting the props? Can you disable that?First time flying was a little nerve wracking. No home H and the map not working.
2023-12-23
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

hillbillyflyer Posted at 12-23 18:39
I notice some weird stuff with the home H not being there too. I also notice it takes a super long time for the map view to show my location. I start out somewhere in Africa and it does not ever find me unless I hit the map even then it takes a long time if I go to the full screen map it locks on pretty fast. Also the pop up "check list" before starting the props? Can you disable that?First time flying was a little nerve wracking. No home H and the map not working.

I'm pretty sure the check prop thing only displays once after certain updates or if you have a prop touch something and it gives a warning, and then won't reappear after you click it off.
I didn't see if my AR homepoint was displaying normaly first after the update, as I flew straight up after takeoff and then back down, and then went straight to trying the auto tracking feature. I screen recorded the whole thing and after reviewing I see that I walked about 20 meters away from my homepoint and then started walking around with the drone following me, and doing its maneuvers around me. I can see the H floating around the outside of the screen during the auto active track, while the drone is within 5 meters of me. I also see the compass bouncing around all over the place. I then flew some distance away and then banked left in a turn, and once I was getting close to pointing at my home point, the H on the left side of the screen just dissapeared and no H and dot appeared where my takeoff point was located. I flew back and landed the drone with neither the H on the side or H and dot ever reappearing.
I will say that the field I was doing the auto active track in caused my compass move around raidly, almost like theres a magnetic anomoly there, and I've had to recalibrate my compass before while flying there, its a huge soccer field in the middle of Kelowna. Were you around somthing similar?
2023-12-23
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-23 20:05
I'm pretty sure the check prop thing only displays once after certain updates or if you have a prop touch something and it gives a warning, and then won't reappear after you click it off.
I didn't see if my AR homepoint was displaying normaly first after the update, as I flew straight up after takeoff and then back down, and then went straight to trying the auto tracking feature. I screen recorded the whole thing and after reviewing I see that I walked about 20 meters away from my homepoint and then started walking around with the drone following me, and doing its maneuvers around me. I can see the H floating around the outside of the screen during the auto active track, while the drone is within 5 meters of me. I also see the compass bouncing around all over the place. I then flew some distance away and then banked left in a turn, and once I was getting close to pointing at my home point, the H on the left side of the screen just dissapeared and no H and dot appeared where my takeoff point was located. I flew back and landed the drone with neither the H on the side or H and dot ever reappearing.
I will say that the field I was doing the auto active track in caused my compass move around raidly, almost like theres a magnetic anomoly there, and I've had to recalibrate my compass before while flying there, its a huge soccer field in the middle of Kelowna. Were you around somthing similar?

The check your prop and fly in normal pop up  thing has been popping every time I fly maybe I just missed the option to disable it. Im in the middle of nowhere in the woods. Almost zero interference. I'll do some more in depth testing tomorrow if I can its supposed to rain. Prior to the update I didn;t have to touch the map. By the time I got the Home point updated voice I could see my HP and drone on the map. Now Like I said when I take off I'm somewhere in Africa and It slowly finds me in Arkansas.
2023-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 12:01
Not much we can do as no Litchi is available so we are stuck with what DJI dictates.

I dont think that using litchi would make a difference,    the sdk could still activate RID or just internally the drone could.
2023-12-24
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

hillbillyflyer Posted at 12-23 21:32
The check your prop and fly in normal pop up  thing has been popping every time I fly maybe I just missed the option to disable it. Im in the middle of nowhere in the woods. Almost zero interference. I'll do some more in depth testing tomorrow if I can its supposed to rain. Prior to the update I didn;t have to touch the map. By the time I got the Home point updated voice I could see my HP and drone on the map. Now Like I said when I take off I'm somewhere in Africa and It slowly finds me in Arkansas.
I turn my volume off as I don't like listening to the voice yapping, lol, and I never use the map, just the little radar dial and set my home point at the center, that way I can face the drone for signal strength and see what direction its pointing easily.

2023-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 01:23
I dont think that using litchi would make a difference,    the sdk could still activate RID or just internally the drone could.

I have noticed that since FW upgrade for RID I'm losing 1-2 minutes of flying time.  Seems with the RID constantly transmitting it using more battery.  
2023-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 07:17
I have noticed that since FW upgrade for RID I'm losing 1-2 minutes of flying time.  Seems with the RID constantly transmitting it using more battery.

Thats really naff.   I usually like to keep top with the updates,    but lately this sort of malarkey is really putting me off that.
2023-12-24
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-24 05:59
Just from memory, when it pops up I think theres a check box or something in the popup... Doing the same here, I got up early so if the weathers ok, I'll go do some flying out of town someplace and see if I have the same issue. I turn my volume off as I don't like listening to the voice yapping, lol, and I never use the map, just the little radar dial and set my home point at the center, that way I can face the drone for signal strength and see what direction its pointing easily. I'd gotten so I'd minimize the radar screen into the corner and just use the AR homepoint, which I like a lot in the terrain I'm flying in here.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Still cant find the option to turn off the "check list" popup, that drives me nuts.  I noticed that if I tap on the map while the drone is at its home point the map updates just fine. Didn't have to do that before.  It like the map is not doing its thing until you tap it and when its flying it takes some time to find the stuff. I like the map because of the RTH line it draws.  I have not had an issue with the home H disappearing since the first time flying after the update.
IMG_20231224_111153.jpg
2023-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 07:25
Thats really naff.   I usually like to keep top with the updates,    but lately this sort of malarkey is really putting me off that.

Yeah, I wasn't happy about less flying time but to comply with RID I had to update.  I have noticed a plethora of drones flying now as opposed to pre-RID.  The other day while in town I opened the Air Sentinel App and saw that 5 drones were flying nearby.  
2023-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-24 08:00
Yeah, I wasn't happy about less flying time but to comply with RID I had to update.  I have noticed a plethora of drones flying now as opposed to pre-RID.  The other day while in town I opened the Air Sentinel App and saw that 5 drones were flying nearby.

I bet the parch to disable the GPS in the RC/RC2 controller is going to get popular this year.  
2023-12-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 08:05
I bet the parch to disable the GPS in the RC/RC2 controller is going to get popular this year.

You're exactly right about that.  
2023-12-24
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Went out flying this morning. Did a compass calibration in an area free of interference first. Then flew a ways away, and turn around, H is moving around controller screen edges correctly, and tilt the gimbal down and there's the big yellow H and dot on my landing pad. Take the drone out to the middle of the field, do a short 5 minute auto active shot on myself, which worked fine. Stopped the active shot and flew a distance away, same as yesterday, yellow H around the outside of my screen, but no homepoint H and dot on my pad. I took a chance and let it auto return to home and the green AR flight path thingy appeared and it came back and landed on the pad, so seems more a matter of the software not displaying the home point H and dot after using the auto active shot feature, than it not knowing where the homepoint is. After landing the drone , I turned the drone off and back on, flew a distance away, turned around and there's the circled yellow H and dot on my landing pad same as yesterday as it should be. As a side note, I flew again later in the day, same effect, after using auto active shot, the Yellow H/circle/dot had vanished off my landing pad, although I noticed the Yellow H /circle/dot briefly flash on a couple times on my landing pad just for a second and then dissapear again, while I was flying back to land. The Yellow H moving around the outside of the controller screen always functions correctly.
2023-12-24
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

hillbillyflyer Posted at 12-24 07:41
Still cant find the option to turn off the "check list" popup, that drives me nuts.  I noticed that if I tap on the map while the drone is at its home point the map updates just fine. Didn't have to do that before.  It like the map is not doing its thing until you tap it and when its flying it takes some time to find the stuff. I like the map because of the RTH line it draws.  I have not had an issue with the home H disappearing since the first time flying after the update.

Go into your profile and disable the flight safety tips
2023-12-24
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-24 11:39
Go into your profile and disable the flight safety tips

Thank you!!!!

I will do an active auto track on myself as soon as I can to try and replicate the issue you are seeing. My area is super cluttered with trees and such so I have really never tried it but for a second but I can make it work. Raining right now.

2023-12-24
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

JayW129 Posted at 12-21 08:39
Hi - Just applied updates to both my RC2 (02.00.0300) & Mini 4 Pro (01.00.0300), and looks like config for drone has been reset to defaults.  I'm based in France and had previously been through the process to have the height limit increased, but seems that has been lost... now seeing 120m max altitude again in the Flight Protection section.  Anyone else got a similar experience?

Same here, press the "request...." Button few times and it will disappear
2023-12-24
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

hillbillyflyer Posted at 12-24 11:43
Thank you!!!!

I will do an active auto track on myself as soon as I can to try and replicate the issue you are seeing. My area is super cluttered with trees and such so I have really never tried it but for a second but I can make it work. Raining right now.

Awesome thanks! I flew quite a bit today, and noticed the H in the circle and dot reappear a couple times and then dissapear, where previously it had been missing altogether after having done an auto active track. I'd land the drone and turn it off and back on and everything is as it should be again, until I tried the tracking feature again. I took a lot of screen recordings and screen shots.
2023-12-24
Use props
jhauw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35144 ft
Australia

Hi - is head tracking is now functioning with this new FW? Would anyone know please thank you.
2023-12-25
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Ian in London Posted at 12-21 22:19
This is definitely activated with a Plus Battery... I had this happen when I was using the Goggles 2 as my phone wasn't tethered and it won't allow you to take off uness you tether your phone so the Goggles knows its GPS location (bit daft when you consider the drone has GPS...):
[view_image]

Hey Ian, just watched your firmware update video on the Mini 4 Pro. Thanks for all the work you put into your videos!
I just updated minie as well, and see an issue happening:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D924%26typeid%3D924

Wondering if you've noticed this as well? I have one other pilot in this post who's experienced it and is looking into it, and I see a you tube vid from another content creator, Random Tech,  that has an example pop up at the 17:40 mark in his firmware update vid.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and family!

Doug
2023-12-25
Use props
isinglass
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5347129 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-21 02:38
Excellent!  Adding the Vision camera view is super cool.  Very happy to see Goggle/MC2 support added as well.  Still wish they would allow us to use the goggles with the regular RC.  I don't quite understand why we can't do that?  I believe the poll on this was 100% in favor.  I wonder if the setting to disable VOA & OA applies during RTH?  If it does then you will be able to pan the camera around during RTH.  I wish DJI would offer a separate setting under the Safety tab for "Use OA During RTH" as is the case with Go4.

Yeah, this is really cool, but i would much rather be able to fly my mini 4 with goggles and the RC2 rather than the motion controller. I would be interested as to why DJI made this possible. Are there technical reasons? Or do they think the MC2 is safer or something?

Is there some reason why the RC2 can't provide the control link, and the goggles almost operate in a spectator mode(kinda like some FPV goggles can) where they just receive and display the video and flight metadata? Is it  too tricky to disentangle some of the overlays and flight info from the control link software or something?
2023-12-25
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-25 12:15
Hey Ian, just watched your firmware update video on the Mini 4 Pro. Thanks for all the work you put into your videos!
I just updated minie as well, and see an issue happening:

Thanks Doug.  I hadn't noticed that issue but in truth I wasn't looking for it either.  I will check it out tomorrow and see if it's happening to me too.

Cheers again

Ian
2023-12-26
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Ian in London Posted at 12-26 09:48
Thanks Doug.  I hadn't noticed that issue but in truth I wasn't looking for it either.  I will check it out tomorrow and see if it's happening to me too.

Cheers again

Thanks Ian, you have a great day!
2023-12-26
Use props
AR Imagery
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3838330 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I so want a 4 but im like will i get enough from it when I run the mavic 3
2023-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AR Imagery Posted at 12-27 03:11
I so want a 4 but im like will i get enough from it when I run the mavic 3

All depends where you want to fly,  the Mavic 3 is very limited in that respect unlike the mini drones.   For your farming work though the Mavic is perfect.  
2023-12-27
Use props
AR Imagery
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3838330 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 05:12
All depends where you want to fly,  the Mavic 3 is very limited in that respect unlike the mini drones.   For your farming work though the Mavic is perfect.

yea but my thought process would it work around cattle sheds and animals more
2023-12-27
Use props
ollie7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

isinglass Posted at 12-25 23:00
Yeah, this is really cool, but i would much rather be able to fly my mini 4 with goggles and the RC2 rather than the motion controller. I would be interested as to why DJI made this possible. Are there technical reasons? Or do they think the MC2 is safer or something?

Is there some reason why the RC2 can't provide the control link, and the goggles almost operate in a spectator mode(kinda like some FPV goggles can) where they just receive and display the video and flight metadata? Is it  too tricky to disentangle some of the overlays and flight info from the control link software or something?

Hi, i asked this in this thread:
Mini 4 Pro with Integra and RC-2 ?
2023-12-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules