HUGE Firmware Update on the DJI Mini 4 Pro
7632 119 2023-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8586d0a8
New

Bahamas

Brand new Mini 4 Pro 3 weeks ago.  Just upgraded and after the second flight the drone bricked.   Cant turn it back on with 3 different batteries fully charged.   Curious....is this the firmware or just bad hardware?
2023-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans8586d0a8 Posted at 12-27 20:22
Brand new Mini 4 Pro 3 weeks ago.  Just upgraded and after the second flight the drone bricked.   Cant turn it back on with 3 different batteries fully charged.   Curious....is this the firmware or just bad hardware?

Do you get any lights on the drone when you press just once to see battery level charge?
2023-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AR Imagery Posted at 12-27 08:29
yea but my thought process would it work around cattle sheds and animals more

The Mini drones are a lot quieter than the Mavics Ive noticed.  
2023-12-28
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5166270 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great feature to have.
2023-12-28
Use props
AR Imagery
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4262762 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-28 00:25
The Mini drones are a lot quieter than the Mavics Ive noticed.

Yea In the new year ill find out if I have more livestock projects and if so ill be having one
2023-12-28
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8586d0a8 Posted at 12-27 20:22
Brand new Mini 4 Pro 3 weeks ago.  Just upgraded and after the second flight the drone bricked.   Cant turn it back on with 3 different batteries fully charged.   Curious....is this the firmware or just bad hardware?

Did you crash on the 1st flight?  Also try updating the firmware again using the desktop app DJI Assistant 2 just to reset things.
2023-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s just a shame other drones aren’t getting it.  
2023-12-29
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5166270 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 04:01
It’s just a shame other drones aren’t getting it.

I don't know if the older circuit boards can fit any more. Think about how RID must be taking up space and bandwidth that could be used for new features.
2023-12-29
Use props
User Bax
lvl.1
Italy

Happy New Year to the entire DJI community, after installing the latest firmware I tested mini 4 pro with goggle and dji RC motion 2, I notice that in the videos compared to Avata, when the drone varies its inclination upwards or downwards to go up or down in altitude the video is jerky which with Avata it didn't happen.  I kindly await some clarification from the DJI experts.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xRCmBs--SSlMs6ASA2sFYp8bZZT0ue7Q/view?usp=share_link
1-1 02:47
Use props
wilmatthews
lvl.1
United States

Updates installed, and now Active Track options read "Active Shots", "Spotlight", and "POI", and when Active Shots is selected, the options are "Auto", "Manual", and "Parallel". What happened to "Trace"?
1-1 15:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wilmatthews Posted at 1-1 15:21
Updates installed, and now Active Track options read "Active Shots", "Spotlight", and "POI", and when Active Shots is selected, the options are "Auto", "Manual", and "Parallel". What happened to "Trace"?

Hello there. Sorry about the confusion. To present the product feature more clearly and more accurately to users, we optimized the naming and made adjustments accordingly. We appreciate your understanding.
1-2 02:12
Use props
KJMPhotography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2705112 ft
United Kingdom

Compatibility with the RC pro will be much appreciated
1-2 05:59
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KJMPhotography Posted at 1-2 05:59

I think we're all waiting for the RC2 Pro for that.  
1-2 06:00
Use props
KJMPhotography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2705112 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 06:00
I think we're all waiting for the RC2 Pro for that.

I can't see me wasting my money on it!
1-2 09:42
Use props
wilmatthews
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-2 02:12
Hello there. Sorry about the confusion. To present the product feature more clearly and more accurately to users, we optimized the naming and made adjustments accordingly. We appreciate your understanding.

So, "Trace" is now "Manual"? Or "Auto"? Is functionality different?
1-2 10:22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wilmatthews Posted at 1-2 10:22
So, "Trace" is now "Manual"? Or "Auto"? Is functionality different?

Hi. Yes. Trace is now Manual, FocusTrack is SmartShots, ActiveTrack is ActiveShots, and Follow is Hold. Have a nice day.
1-3 00:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KJMPhotography Posted at 1-2 05:59

We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
1-3 00:56
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing
I heard the P3 got an update recently
1-29 04:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-29 04:02
Thanks for sharing

The DJI Engineer told me an update was coming January to fix the bugs I reported but I was on a day trip yesterday so I may have missed it.
1-29 23:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-29 04:02
Thanks for sharing

Yep,  its out.  Downloading it now.
1-29 23:41
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 23:41
Yep,  its out.  Downloading it now.

Cool. Youtube recommended a video about it
1-29 23:50
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 23:39
The DJI Engineer told me an update was coming January to fix the bugs I reported but I was on a day trip yesterday so I may have missed it.

Oh interesting.
I hope so!
1-29 23:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-29 23:50
Oh interesting.
I hope so!

Updated this morning and it fixes the bug I reported,  but didnt add the digital zoom to the Timelapse that I also suggested.
1-30 00:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-29 23:50
Cool. Youtube recommended a video about it

Ive not got to YT yet today.
1-30 00:47
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 00:47
Updated this morning and it fixes the bug I reported,  but didnt add the digital zoom to the Timelapse that I also suggested.

Well, at least the bug got squashed.
1-30 00:48
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 00:47
Ive not got to YT yet today.

Something with a lot of notifications?
1-30 00:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-30 00:48
Well, at least the bug got squashed.

Yes and this one will make life better as when you rotated the screen in time-lapse mode it would change the resolution to the lowest setting,  making it harder to just flip and film.
1-30 00:57
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 00:57
Yes and this one will make life better as when you rotated the screen in time-lapse mode it would change the resolution to the lowest setting,  making it harder to just flip and film.

That sounds like an easy fix. Glad they are focusing on the low hanging fruit too.
1-30 01:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 1-30 00:54
Something with a lot of notifications?

Something like that for sure.  
1-30 01:07
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 01:07
Something like that for sure.

Yup.
I was part of the reason.
1-30 01:57
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

AR Imagery Posted at 2023-12-28 08:01
Yea In the new year ill find out if I have more livestock projects and if so ill be having one

I would be interested to know based on your experience what you would consider the lowest 'safe' height when flying over horses, cattle and sheep so that they are not disturbed (based on Mini 4 Pro or Mini 3 flying slowly and not in Sport mode)?
And do animals become accustomed to drone noise over time so that you can fly lower?
My ears can't detect my M4P at 80 feet but I guess animals have more sensitive hearing (although my cat doesn't flinch when it flies 6 feet above her head).
1-30 04:14
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

trainee Posted at 1-30 04:14
I would be interested to know based on your experience what you would consider the lowest 'safe' height when flying over horses, cattle and sheep so that they are not disturbed (based on Mini 4 Pro or Mini 3 flying slowly and not in Sport mode)?
And do animals become accustomed to drone noise over time so that you can fly lower?
My ears can't detect my M4P at 80 feet but I guess animals have more sensitive hearing (although my cat doesn't flinch when it flies 6 feet above her head).

I think it's very difficult to generalise. I fly my M4P from the paddock and our horses aren't at all bothered. I'm more concerned about preventing them coming over to take a closer look! However, that's not the norm. It depends on how desensitised they are to noise, and how much trust they have in the operator. They feel safe if they see me working on something, but I don't know how they'd react to a drone just flying overhead. It might be ok on one day but a real stress on another.

If I were to encounter other horses while flying I'd stay WELL clear. You must assume they're not accustomed to the noise and won't be able to work out what this thing is. Horses assume if something can't be identified then it could be a danger and might bolt. In panic they can injure themselves fairly easily, and if they're being ridden you have the extra risk to the rider.

I'd assume that cattle and sheep are less critical but I don't have any experience with them.
1-30 05:37
Use props
AR Imagery
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4262762 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trainee Posted at 1-30 04:14
I would be interested to know based on your experience what you would consider the lowest 'safe' height when flying over horses, cattle and sheep so that they are not disturbed (based on Mini 4 Pro or Mini 3 flying slowly and not in Sport mode)?

tbh its animal dependant but ive got mine close who are used to kit...horses i wouldnt bother at all
1-30 13:34
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

With over half a million drones and rising in the UK alone, I think that horse owners might want to acclimatise their animals to the sound in the same way that horses learn not to be spooked by passing vehicles, barking dogs, lawnmowers, garden trimmers, etc. I have offered drone acclimatisation training to the owners of the horses in the field next to my garden where I sometimes fly my M4P, even though I've never seen a horse (or any animal) spooked by my drone.
2-2 23:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trainee Posted at 2-2 23:47
With over half a million drones and rising in the UK alone, I think that horse owners might want to acclimatise their animals to the sound in the same way that horses learn not to be spooked by passing vehicles, barking dogs, lawnmowers, garden trimmers, etc. I have offered drone acclimatisation training to the owners of the horses in the field next to my garden where I sometimes fly my M4P, even though I've never seen a horse (or any animal) spooked by my drone.

Dog owners should do the same too.
2-3 01:29
Use props
Clemens.I
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54354 ft
Canada

I did the recent update to my mini pro 4 and now I randomly lose the picture on my controller and just get hash lines. How do I reload the firmware update or revert to the previous one. I can't find anything on line e that answers this question. I would appreciate any help or advice!
2-17 15:36
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Clemens.I Posted at 2-17 15:36
I did the recent update to my mini pro 4 and now I randomly lose the picture on my controller and just get hash lines. How do I reload the firmware update or revert to the previous one. I can't find anything on line e that answers this question. I would appreciate any help or advice!

You can't revert to the firmware prior to the Dec 21, 2023 update where they added the goggle and motion 2 support into the firmware.
You need to download and install the DJI Assist 2 for consumer drones found in the support /software downloads section of DJI's website.
https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads ... sumer-drones-series
Once its installed, you can open the program, and you'll see it prompting you to plug in something . Then power on the drone, plug it into the computer using the factory DJI type A to C USB cable, and it will show you what you have plugged in, any available updates, and the option to refresh the firmware on what you have plugged in.
Repeat the process for the controller, power it on and plug it in and it will let you update or refresh the firmware.
The last time I looked, the DJI Assist 2 let me refresh the Firmware on both the Mini 4 and RC2 to the Dec 21, 2023 major update where it added the goggles and motion 2 compaibility. I could also have seperately updated afterward to the 1.12.8 fly app, but honestly it serves no purpose as I'm in canada, other than cluttering up the screen and firmware even further. However if you're in an area where you have trouble finding spots to fly, maybe you'll want to add the 1.12.8 update.
Be patient and don't unplug anything until the Assist tells you its done updating the firmware.  
2-17 18:40
Use props
bobanm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185856 ft

North Macedonia

Hi, with this last update, did
1.DJI limit the max altitude parameter ?
2.RID, using intelligent flight battery
- is this will be always activated and using more power for continuously emitting the signal, there is no way to switch off?

Other questions not related to last update:
1. Is there any way to request FCC mode to be activated rather than CE ?
-I live in Macedonia and its not European Union, only its in European Continent...  we don't have such regulations in my country about limitation on transmitting power but still we are limited to use CE mode!?
-It is really annoying when you buy dji 4 with last transmitting protocol capable much more than 10 km range and you are limited to 1km max (tested) with this regulations of CE.
2-22 05:54
Use props
Skyline3000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183901 ft
Germany

V01.00.0300

•    Added Auto mode for ActiveShots 360°.
•    Added Vision Assist.
•    Added Vision Positioning and Obstacle Sensing switch.
•    Added 3x digital zoom for 12MP photo mode.
•    Added support for taking five 48MP photos when using AEB and Burst Shooting.
•    Added support for DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integra, and DJI RC Motion 2. Visit https://www.dji.com/mini-4-pro/downloads and refer to the Consumer Drones and Goggles Compatibility Information for more information.
•    Added support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.
•    Fixed some known issues.
•    Added features require DJI Fly v1.12.4 or later.

Just updated.
2-23 01:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyline3000 Posted at 2-23 01:41
V01.00.0300

•    Added Auto mode for ActiveShots 360°.

That was released last year - https://forum.dji.com/thread-298226-1-1.html
2-23 02:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules