346 5 2023-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LML57
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi all,a real newbie to drone's very confused to cover or not to cover the prop motors,know it makes sense to stop dirt etc from getting into the motor but surely dji would of thought of that.
2023-12-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried motor covers on my original Mini and found that it made the motors heat up some so I took them off and threw them in the bin.  Your choice, but personally I would not use them.
2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No need to cover the motors.    If you want to fly somewhere "dirty" use a launch matt or hand launch and catch.  
2023-12-21
Use props
LML57
lvl.1
United Kingdom

thank you, i think i'll just leave them .thanks again
2023-12-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LML57 Posted at 12-21 06:06
thank you, i think i'll just leave them .thanks again

Ultimately it will come down to personal choice, I am a " don't cover". Why? I suspect they'd block airflow and its cooling effect through the motor. Plus they are added weight.
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DAFlys Posted at 12-21 03:52
No need to cover the motors.    If you want to fly somewhere "dirty" use a launch matt or hand launch and catch.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do not recommend covering the motors when flying as this might affect the stability of the unit. You may refer to the recommendation of DAFlys about using a launch mat when taking off the unit to avoid any dust going inside the motors. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Happy holidays!
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules