HOW TO: Setup and use Waypoints
111960 47 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
et12WzpG6vdW
New

Australia

I am wondering if there might be a way to set the first Waypoint as the last to be able to create a seamless loop of a piece of footage. Know what I mean?
2016-10-10
Use props
gG6DP8KstJ28
New

United States

Can one upload bearings and radii from say a survey call legal description and have the drone fly what would be considered the 'boundary line', allowing the pilot to focus less on navigation and more so on the images being captured? Clearly it would be something that one would need a deed plotter to perform overlay on a map, but having high quality 4K images would assist greatly in valuation and potential damages to structures being affected by a public utility or highway project when acquiring easements etc.

I could see this as extremely valuable to those working in lands and or real estate. I understand these are typically small parcels, however the inspection of property with owners that reside out of state, we are currently limited to using Google maps and estimates of boundaries essentially drawn on a map freehand, which reference survey documents.

This could also be greatly beneficial in locating estimates of property boundaries located high up on a cliff side or mountain top.
2016-10-12
Use props
fans6cf7aec7
New

Switzerland

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-7 22:38
Yes. Same for the Phantom3 Professional , Advanced, and Standard.

And for the Phantom 3 4K
2017-4-24
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

These facilities are completely missing for the Inspire 2, the "high end" drone for "professional use".
It seems incongrous to me, that the Inspire 2 can be advertised for "professional use" without waypoint capability being provided by DJI.
2017-12-15
Use props
jimdow528
lvl.2

United States

Here's a way to construct curved, convergent, non-traditional waypoints - Google "Gently Curving, Convergent, Non-traditional Drone Flight Paths"; and here's the justification for doing so.

Minimising systematic error surfaces in digital elevation models using oblique convergent imagery

Rene Wackrow

Jim H. Chandler

First published: 16 March 2011

https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1477-9730.2011.00623.x

Results of the simulation process, the laboratory test and the practical test are reported in this paper and demonstrate that an oblique convergent image configuration eradicates the systematic error surfaces which result from inaccurate lens distortion parameters. This approach is significant because by removing the need for an accurate lens model it effectively improves the accuracies of digital surface representations derived using consumer‐grade digital cameras. Carefully selected image configurations could therefore provide new opportunities for improving the quality of photogrammetrically acquired data.

I hope this helps.

Jim Dow  
2018-10-11
Use props
Droney575645
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Regarding Waypoints, if one operator flies and sets the initial route, can this exact route then be shared with another drone and operator?

Many thanks
2018-11-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

excellent instructions
2018-11-18
Use props
Advanced