958 5 2023-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Official LUT privided by DJI do not work well in DaVinci Resolve especially when graded to HDR. THere are posts suggesting to use DJI color space and gamut as input format for DJI D-Log M shots but I also have concerns about that because after such conversion result loog oversaturated
@DJI Support can you tell what will be the cotrrect choice to color grade video shot in D-Log M? Please don't tell there are LUTs as they do not work well
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The free edition of DaVinci Resolve is not fully compatible with 10-bit videos, resulting in the color display issue. We highly recommend switching to DaVinci Resolve Studio or downloading Adobe Premiere Pro as it is also compatible with 10-bit videos. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-21
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Actually I do use the studio version
2023-12-22
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Let me clarify:
I use DaVinci Resolve Studio latest version, I shoot Pocket 3 in D-Log M and I try to make it HDR10.
Official LUT provided by DJI do not work well in that case because they are designed to covert to Rec.709 space.
There are posts suggesting using DJI color space and gamut as an input format for DJI D-Log M shots, but I also have concerns about that because after such conversion result looks over-contract and over-saturated. At the same time the shots are really Rec.709 but with modified gamma.

@DJI Support can you tell what will be the correct choice to color grade video shot in D-Log M? Is it valid to select DJI D-log color space and gamma? It is possible to go with custom curves, but this approach is time consuming and is rather trial and error. We rather need more consistent grading start point.
2023-12-22
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

@Support gentle reminder that I am still waiting for reply.

So far for me the best option is to set DJI D-Gamul input color space and ARIB STD-B67 HLG input gamma. It is a bit too saturated, so I have to reduce saturation to 0.90.

Bit I am afraid this is not entirely correct color transform.
2023-12-23
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

I hate being boring but @Support how long shall customers wait for DJI to come back with answer to fairly simple question?
2023-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules