Why DJI RC2 doesn't work with Goggles2/Integra?
12Next >
2038 41 2023-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Mini4 Pro finally got the update for Goggles and thanks for that.

But there is one missing issue still, why DJI RC2 doesn't work with Goggles?

Instead of MC2 sometimes i want to use RC2 with my goggles. A small step for DJI but a big one for customers
2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried the trick that let you fly Mini 3 with goggles and RC controller?   
2023-12-21
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

DAFlys Posted at 12-21 08:18
Have you tried the trick that let you fly Mini 3 with goggles and RC controller?   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbiLhqccgKM

It is kind of limited support but i would like to have an official trusted support which DJI makes available.
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback, KnNLmS. We can only use the DJI Mini 4 Pro in combination with the DJI RC Motion 2 when using the DJI Goggles 2/Integra. Rest assured that we will gather this concern of yours and forward it to the respective team for attention. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KnNLmS Posted at 12-21 09:20
It is kind of limited support but i would like to have an official trusted support which DJI makes available.

Agreed,  and the old work around proves its possible.  
2023-12-21
Use props
Nimy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 824124 ft
Romania

This is very important for me also. I bought the mini4 as an upgrade from mini 2 when the goggles update was released and i am thinking of returning them since there is no stick support. I find motion control useless for my purposes.
1-3 01:51
Use props
ollie7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

If this would be officially possible, I will buy the Integra
1-3 04:33
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:07
Use props
Bolschy1234
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-21 20:55
Thank you for your feedback, KnNLmS. We can only use the DJI Mini 4 Pro in combination with the DJI RC Motion 2 when using the DJI Goggles 2/Integra. Rest assured that we will gather this concern of yours and forward it to the respective team for attention. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Out of interest - why is this function not possible?

It seems like a really bizarre thing to leave out as it seems technically it is possible.

Is it to try and push the motion controller technology?

It would be such an immersive experience for people still wishing to use the rc2 instead of the MC2.

Any idea when you’ll make this happen?
2-4 04:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bolschy1234 Posted at 2-4 04:09
Out of interest - why is this function not possible?

It seems like a really bizarre thing to leave out as it seems technically it is possible.

Thank you for your feedback. There is no available direct connection between the aircraft and the DJI RC Motion 2, therefore it needs the Googles to connect with the DJI RC Motion 2. Regarding DJI RC 2 functionality with the Goggles, we don't have any information if this will be applied in future firmware updates but we will do our best to record this suggestion to reach our relevant team. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us.
2-5 04:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ollie7 Posted at 1-3 04:33
If this would be officially possible, I will buy the Integra

Hi there. Thank you for joining this thread. Regretfully, we cannot connect pair/link the DJI RC Motion 2 alone with the DJI Mini 3 Pro/ Mini 4 Pro as it needed the DJI Goggles 2/Integra connected first. We appreciate your understanding.
2-5 04:08
Use props
djiuser_IR82br3CP2xP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72635 ft

United States

Was really disappointed to find out I can't use my Integra goggles on the mini pro 4. Just makes me not want to invest in new drones from DJI. Fpv is essential for me. What a bummer.
2-25 00:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_IR82br3CP2xP Posted at 2-25 00:30
Was really disappointed to find out I can't use my Integra goggles on the mini pro 4. Just makes me not want to invest in new drones from DJI. Fpv is essential for me. What a bummer.

Hi there. You can use the DJI Goggles Integra with the Mini 4 Pro and the Motion 2 but not with the RC 2. Have a nice day.
2-25 01:06
Use props
billion
lvl.1

Canada

I believe the issue is RC2 controller and Mini 4 use Ocusnyc 4.

The Goggles Integra, Motion controller2 and the Mini 3 Pro use OcuSync 3(+).

And therefore the Ocusync 4 & 3(+) are not compatible.  See the video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-d8zCAQDfs
3-8 21:35
Use props
djiuser_IR82br3CP2xP
lvl.1

United States

billion Posted at 3-8 21:35
I believe the issue is RC2 controller and Mini 4 use Ocusnyc 4.

The Goggles Integra, Motion controller2 and the Mini 3 Pro use OcuSync 3(+).

Seems like legacy support should be possible. Wasted opportunity IMO
3-14 14:57
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

You can use the Goggles 2 or Integra goggles with the mini 4 pro, but at this time you need to use the MC2 motion controller with the goggles to fly. The RC2 doesn't connect to either set of goggles. Perhaps when the new FPV controller comes out with Ocusync 4, it will enter the mix
I'd be curious to know if the Mini 4 pro works on the Ocusync 3+ platform when we're using the goggles and MC2.
I can tell you the range I get with the Integra goggles, MC2 and Mini 4 Pro is less than what I can get with the RC2 and Mini 4 Pro.

I'll add that I got my Integra goggles and MC2 in the middle of winter with below freezing temps here, and I wasn't a fan, but now that its warmed up and my fingers aren't frozen, and I can feel the buttons, I'm getting better at using the MC2 and finding ways around its little annoyances
It would make my day to be able enable head tracking just for the gimbal tilt, and have it not turn off obstacle avoidance.

I would also like a better record button on the side of the controller, a bit stiffer to press and more of a raised bump to know where it is.

And while we're at it, it is completely insane that 4 presses of the brake button could kill the motors in midair.

3-14 19:26
Use props
jrhager84
lvl.1

United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 3-14 19:26
You can use the Goggles 2 or Integra goggles with the mini 4 pro, but at this time you need to use the MC2 motion controller with the goggles to fly. The RC2 doesn't connect to either set of goggles. Perhaps when the new FPV controller comes out with Ocusync 4, it will enter the mix
I'd be curious to know if the Mini 4 pro works on the Ocusync 3+ platform when we're using the goggles and MC2.
I can tell you the range I get with the Integra goggles, MC2 and Mini 4 Pro is less than what I can get with the RC2 and Mini 4 Pro.

Just seems so weird to me. Such a missed opportunity. I understand 4 has added bands and some extra features, but it's additive - To me you could just support the legacy bands. Oh well - I'll just use the Integra goggles for my Helion. <shrug>
3-14 22:53
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Haha, The Helion is a pretty cool drone, if I get a bunch of money, I'm going to pick one up Mini 4 is fun to fly with the goggles, but I;m really only doing it to get a start at FPV. I have the feeling DJI will be releasing a new FPV shortly here, so will see.
3-15 05:29
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I see it that way - DJI is very keen to push motion whatever nonsense instead of a "normal" controller and has been doing so for years now - remember Avata being sold solely with this toy and RC2 was nowhere to be found in the market and now this again??? I have No idea why they do this - Ok they target novice pilots trying to spread drones and expand the market but Why neglect current users buying drone after drone from them???
I'll try this workaround tomorrow if I have a chance to borrow goggles (as myne V2 are not compatible at all ) but I am highly skeptic
3-16 23:13
Use props
billion
lvl.1

Canada

Manitobahunter Posted at 3-14 19:26
I'd be curious to know if the Mini 4 pro works on the Ocusync 3+ platform when we're using the goggles and MC2.

I would like to see the Integra Goggles work with the  Ocusync 4 (Mini 4 and RC2).

I don't know off hand what the  Ocusync 3+ dBm is, about 30 dBm (FCC mode)? so that's around 1 watt. I think it's about the same for the Motion2 controller.

The  Ocusync 4 has been bumped up to 33dBm (FCC) for mini4 and controller RC2 which I believe is about 2 watts, a fair bit more for consumer drones. Plus 6 antennas. I think the Mini 3 was 26 dBm FCC (close to 1/2 watt).

The higher watts does give some distance advantage and stonger signal but like a 2 way handheld radio, antenna height and a clear unobstructed signal (no trees buildings or mountains) is the best key to longer range and clear signal..It only takes 1 watt to comunicate with someone on the moon, heh, heh.

I guess they could push the power up to 50 watts like vehicle 2 way radios, but that would be a huge battery drain and could fry a person's brain with the antenna near their body.

3-17 22:03
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today I tired Mini 4 + goggles2 + RC2 = No go - If You connect goggles first than RC2 - RC2 gives You a message "goggles are connected unsupported ..." and You cant use it - If You connect RC2 first than goggles give You an error connecting So DJI Made Sure it das not work
3-18 06:44
Use props
Crashn n Burnin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77539 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-25 01:06
Hi there. You can use the DJI Goggles Integra with the Mini 4 Pro and the Motion 2 but not with the RC 2. Have a nice day.

The motion 2 is useless if you have limited range of motion in your wrist like I do. I can hold a rc controller but cannot use the motion controller because I can't turn my wrist palm up. Motion controller is not an option. It sucks that you would force such an odd and un natural controller onto people with no other option . Especially with the ammout of customers begging for the feature. I'm not about to spend that much money and the only option I have is that wonky motion thing. I will pick up a mini four goggles and the whole nine today if it had full support
3-21 04:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Crashn n Burnin Posted at 3-21 04:06
The motion 2 is useless if you have limited range of motion in your wrist like I do. I can hold a rc controller but cannot use the motion controller because I can't turn my wrist palm up. Motion controller is not an option. It sucks that you would force such an odd and un natural controller onto people with no other option . Especially with the ammout of customers begging for the feature. I'm not about to spend that much money and the only option I have is that wonky motion thing. I will pick up a mini four goggles and the whole nine today if it had full support

I understand the importance of this request to you. We want you to know that it has been received and will be given careful consideration by our development team. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as we are committed to providing the best possible experience to all of our users. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to serve you in the best way we can.
3-23 03:02
Use props
djiuser_AFNjdU8hF9xz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1640 ft
United States

Totally agree DJI dropped the ball big time add support to fly with the RC controller. They must have 47 million requests and nothing gets done.
3-23 08:56
Use props
djiuser_pNdInjaXLYIT
New

Russia

I would buy Goggles 2 or Integra if is possible to connect  RC2. why you are not fixing this problem? As you see it works, PLEASE just release new firmware. Thanks.
4-12 06:08
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_pNdInjaXLYIT Posted at 4-12 06:08
I would buy Goggles 2 or Integra if is possible to connect  RC2. why you are not fixing this problem? As you see it works, PLEASE just release new firmware. Thanks.

Goggles 3 works with the RC2 and Mini 4 Pro with the new firmware updates.
4-12 10:21
Use props
djiuser_pNdInjaXLYIT
New

Russia

RobZilla Posted at 4-12 10:21
Goggles 3 works with the RC2 and Mini 4 Pro with the new firmware updates.

Why not to fix it in Google 2. To push customers buy a new product ?
4-12 11:10
Use props
djiuser_pNdInjaXLYIT
New

Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-21 20:55

4-12 23:13
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI RC and RC2 should work well with Goggles2. So easy, it should...
4-17 08:33
Use props
The Ollie
lvl.3
Germany

It's very frustrating for everyone who bought the Integra hoping that it would be made compatible with the RC-2.
Now this is possible with the Goggle 3, but does that mean we have to throw away the Integra and buy a Goggle 3 for 1 1/2 the price of the Integra? It seems to be Apple's philosophy where they only issue a software update but only make it available with new hardware.
It would be nice if DJI took a stance on whether or not this feature is coming at some point. Then we would at least have some clarity, as many people here in the forum are waiting for it.
4-18 03:16
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

It was completely wrong decision at first while locking goggles 2/integra to use only with MC2. DJI RC should have to be compatible.
They didn't do that for even RC2 with Integra while there is no technical issue about that.

And we're here that "RC2 works with Goggles3". DJI does this always and i am tired to see same story so often with DJI.

DJI instead of trying to find new customers with innovating different product groups and better communication & support to the customers with good reputation with long term support, they are always trying to sell same products to the same customer group with these kind of tricks.

I accept my products as is. Will use them for many years and when they're old enough, i will check the market for better new items.

No request to DJI, but will accept the products i use with the missing abilities which DJI especially did this to sell me some others.

4-18 03:30
Use props
djiuser_VfWkCiDpfMkG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243202 ft

United Kingdom

So it turns out you can use rc2 with new goggles 3 and air 3 or mini 4 why has dji dome this it's clearly to get loyal customers to buy more everytime I'm utterly disappointed that they have done this when clearly the goggles 2 could so the same job as goggles 3 with rc 2 instead making us spend more money yet again very very disappointed dji
4-26 11:21
Use props
djiuser_VfWkCiDpfMkG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243202 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-23 03:02
I understand the importance of this request to you. We want you to know that it has been received and will be given careful consideration by our development team. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as we are committed to providing the best possible experience to all of our users. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to serve you in the best way we can.

You constantly reply with the same rubbish yet no real consideration for loyal customers dji very very disappointing
4-26 11:24
Use props
The Ollie
lvl.3
Germany

I also asked this question , but I didn' t get an answer..
4-26 11:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VfWkCiDpfMkG Posted at 4-26 11:24
You constantly reply with the same rubbish yet no real consideration for loyal customers dji very very disappointing

Hi there. I understand. It may seem repetitive but I want to assure you that we do submit every request or concern to the designated team to handle. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. We appreciate your understanding.
yesterday 04:18
Use props
djiuser_5DoGq2bh643h
New

Sweden

Dear DJI. Two weeks ago I got my Mini 4 Pro, the RC2, the Integra and the Motion Controller. The purpose of the purchase was to be able to fly DiscGolf courses. It can be very challenging if the courses are narrow with many trees. I thought the Integra with Motion Controller was the perfect combo for this, but after the first try I realized I get much more stability and safe flights with the RC2 than the Motion Controller. After reading this forum I understand that the RC2 at the moment is not compatible with the Integra, so what do you recommend me to do? Should I wait for a future firmware update so I can use the Integra with the RC2 or should I sell the Integra and buy the much more expensive Googles 3?
yesterday 13:46
Use props
djiuser_NwJErYvdHJgE
New

Thailand

How can I connect my Googles 2 to my RC2 controller? I’m using the Mini 4 Pro drone.
yesterday 19:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5DoGq2bh643h Posted at 4-27 13:46
Dear DJI. Two weeks ago I got my Mini 4 Pro, the RC2, the Integra and the Motion Controller. The purpose of the purchase was to be able to fly DiscGolf courses. It can be very challenging if the courses are narrow with many trees. I thought the Integra with Motion Controller was the perfect combo for this, but after the first try I realized I get much more stability and safe flights with the RC2 than the Motion Controller. After reading this forum I understand that the RC2 at the moment is not compatible with the Integra, so what do you recommend me to do? Should I wait for a future firmware update so I can use the Integra with the RC2 or should I sell the Integra and buy the much more expensive Googles 3?

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. There is no announcement yet regarding plans for the compatibility of the Goggles 2 with the DJI RC 2. If you want to use goggles with the RC 2, we suggest using the Goggles 3. We appreciate your patience.
yesterday 20:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_NwJErYvdHJgE Posted at 4-27 19:38
How can I connect my Googles 2 to my RC2 controller? I’m using the Mini 4 Pro drone.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. They are currently not compatible. However, the Goggles 3 can be used with the RC 2 after the V02.02.0000 firmware update. We will consider your concern as a suggestion and forward it to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
yesterday 20:38
Use props
djiuser_NwJErYvdHJgE
New

Thailand

@DJI support: Please fix this problem as soon as possible.
yesterday 20:47
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules